AC Racing Club Ideas

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In this thread you can spit your ideas for the AC Racing Club.
  • Want a special event to be organised?
  • Are we systematically overlooking cars or tracks?
  • You wish to organize a race for the "wifes/men of RD" and hook up your partner with other community partners?
  • Something else? Spit it out here

When we get netcode update and open join servers officially supported i will make a server with open wheelers and do a track rotation of some sort. Preforably really well done f1 tracks.

And by that time with the car tools out that f1 mod might be done before all that goes down well then i might just run that on a server lol.

Still until the netcode update MP cannot possibly be as good as it can be and i rather wait less i am just gonna do open track day on nord or something or practice sessions for lulz on occasion.

Last edited:
I like open-cokpit cars - specifically the Lotus 49 & Exos T125 (either flavor, but I prefer the base model), Ferrari 312T, and even the lowly Lotus 2-Eleven. The closed cars just block too much of the field of vision for my taste. For tracks, my favorites are Mugello, Mid-Ohio with chicane, Road America, Imola, Brno, and VIR. I don't like Monza at all - either version.

image.jpg

Hi.

First of all. It's nice that we have loads of various tracks and cars in AC. But at the same time I have notice that a clubrace where we have some modded track and les common car there's only a few participant. I don't understand why because I have seen many posts about "why always gt3 cars?". Then again, when there is a race with gt3 on AC track grid is at least half full. Or maybe empty grids are caused by summer time or lack of interest. I don't know. Or maybe AC devs were right when they said that it's a very small minority who plays online. After all AC has sold at least 100,000-200,000 copies and theres only handful of online racers.

Therefore I suggest that there would be atleast one race per week which is chosen by voting. For example staff could choose three race combinations and community will vote for those. And my opinion is that it's safer to choose between official AC content and always include gt2/gt3 race to that poll. Because I think that is the most popular car. It's not nice to see races where are only 5-10 drivers. There should be allways full grid:)

Another thing I wan't to say concerns track modding. This is only my own opinion and don't wan't by any means underestimated work that modders has done. I know there is huge job in those tracks but whether it would be time to move forward from those age-old rFactor, gtr2 and LFS conversions.
I admit that some of them are quite well made e.q. Blackwood and snoopy's Nordschleife but 80% is pure:poop:. (sorry if I upset somebody's mind).
Lets face it, wheter you want't to admit or not Graphics is important aspect.
Good graphics make tracks alive and increase feel of reality. Those bad conversion feels so flat, dead and boring.

Let's jump to this century and new game generation. I know there is much more job to do if you do track from scratch but I think it pay up at the ending. If I had the time and knowledge I would do it my self.

I know this sounds like I just wait behind the screen and wait somebody make me a track wich I'm happy with without moving a muscle. That's not the case. I'm worried about AC. Because when Project cars comes with hundred new generation tracks, those bad conversions looks even more bad.

PS. It's hard to express you're thoughts when you don't speak english, so I had to straighten many of my opinions. Sorry if I sound harsh.:(

I love the car and track mods from many of the talented community contributors for hot lapping (getting boring though), but I find I can't use most to run a good AI race - either the AI don't work at all, follow a predetermine line regardless of your position to them, or run off the road. Online may be another issue with mods but I generally don't have the time for scheduled races.

I love the car and track mods from many of the talented community contributors for hot lapping (getting boring though), but I find I can't use most to run a good AI race - either the AI don't work at all, follow a predetermine line regardless of your position to them, or run off the road. Online may be another issue with mods but I generally don't have the time for scheduled races.
You can record your own ai with the ai app. Enable dev tools for it.
More info in the FAQ.

RE: Penalties in club races:

It may be worth looking at this little app: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...penalty-app-for-repeated-track-cutting.17852/

Once installed it outputs text to all the racers running the app if somebody is repeatedly cutting the track and also hands out DT penalties after a certain amount of cutting. In my opinion this is a safer method of trying to keep the cutting under control.

It's not server side so every club racer would need to install it when he wants to join official racing. Checking if it's enabled should be easy enough since it outputs a status message in the chat of the app.

I think all the events start at the same time, but there are different people with different schedules. Earlier somebody suggested to have the races start earlier, for me the races already are by far to early at the moment.

How about have the race time changing? E.g. Monday 19:00 GMT, Tuesday 20:00 GMT, Wednesday 21:00 ...... or how about a 'late night race on the week end'?

Not sure what's required, but I'd go that far to offer my help to organize late EU events!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back