AC Racing Club Ideas

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
In this thread you can spit your ideas for the AC Racing Club.
  • Want a special event to be organised?
  • Are we systematically overlooking cars or tracks?
  • You wish to organize a race for the "wifes/men of RD" and hook up your partner with other community partners?
  • Something else? Spit it out here

While I am not adverse to allowing "driving aids", I feel that they hamper the reason for club events (training for league racing). In some sims, aids vs. no aids is night and day. In AC it is more subtle. I say use them offline to get adjusted to the car and the track and then start practicing with them turned off. You should find your times improving along with your enjoyment. The biggest drawback to aids online (in my opinion), is that it allows less competent drivers to drive over their heads and talent. This can cause havoc with other drivers around them that are driving without aids and within their limits.

I doubt I'll ever be in a league, @Michael Carver , I'm just not wired that way. I race to relax and have fun in the sims. The competitive environment and associated swearing (that would be mine) just doesn't interest me. :p

I only use Factory aids and have done so for years, but newer racers need to have fun online, not spend months getting to grips with driving twitchy cars first. If they want to progress to leagues, then they can start turning their own aids off in readiness/practice for that in the Club Races.

I have yet to see a single proof that aids make you go faster. If they did, the aliens would use them to set the best times on leaderboards, and you can see that is not true...

While I am not adverse to allowing "driving aids", I feel that they hamper the reason for club events (training for league racing). You should find your times improving along with your enjoyment. The biggest drawback to aids online (in my opinion), is that it allows less competent drivers to drive over their heads and talent. This can cause havoc with other drivers around them that are driving without aids and within their limits.

@Michael Carver I couldn't disagree more with your view. And I have no compulsion to ever drive in any leagues. I have a family and a job to tender in real life and don't have the time for such luxuries and actually not the inclination either. Like Connor, I race occasionally for relaxation and a bit of fun. I would greatly love to have stability enabled in club races.

And also, as a less "competent" racer I spend most of my time watching for blue flags, pulling over to let fast boys through when they aren't busy divebombing me into corners in their never ending quest to beat some one else to the flag. Iv'e lost count how many rear end me because they are going way too fast into the first corner.
So no, I disagree with you completely. :cool:

Staff @ RD, perhaps a new club race section for those who wish to use driving aids? Aliens and perfectionists (read: win at all costs racers) need not apply? Just a thought.

I'm not against allowing driver aids. I think for club racing, since it's a more casual scene, they should be available should we have any guys who are beginners or keyboard/gamepad drivers.

If you have a wheel, then something like stability control really shouldn't be needed, or be a deal breaker for that matter. But if you feel you need SC then it should be available to you as well.

Hey Andy. Check out some new events (1, 2).
;)

Thats great news Akis. Many thanks. Unfortunetly very busy this week. But after that I look forward to the racing again.
I can't wait to start some of these nooby friendly races. Should be great fun and it will give me a reason to enjoy them again. Too many fast boys on the club races for me and I spend the entire race just trying to get out of their way. But I suppose they love lapping people.

cheers...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%