AC Racing Club Ideas

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In this thread you can spit your ideas for the AC Racing Club.
  • Want a special event to be organised?
  • Are we systematically overlooking cars or tracks?
  • You wish to organize a race for the "wifes/men of RD" and hook up your partner with other community partners?
  • Something else? Spit it out here

The base t125? its a joy to drive in general. Loads of downforce and you can power slide it like fool if you want.

Until the t98 comes along the t125 and the s1 are my goto cars for my open wheeler fix, with honorable mention to the 312.

Way too many gt races online period why half the time i do not bother think i did one mclaren one but i barely do laps in gt cars nm race them.

I am eagerly awaiting for the F1ASR mod...modern F1 with the AC physics is something I am very much looking forward to. As for the GT cars, I still like racing them (racing tomorrow in fact) it's just a good idea to have some diversity

I agree with diversity just gt cars do not do it for me. I have tried, nothing about them grabs me the way a good open wheeler does or a good road car.

Maybe the 458 one will change my mind but i have yet to drive a gt car i actually enjoy.

So once in awhile i will hop on a gt car for league race do poorly in it and get a bit of experience driving it but beyond that i do not want to spend time in them otherwise. But maybe one day doing that i will figure out what people see in them other than they have way to much grip and are too easy imo to drive.

Open wheeler i will test do lap tweak setups for hours.......

We keep asking what other types of car people want to drive aside from GT's, and then when we do, there's a significant drop in sign ups. Bram ran a road car event last week and almost had to cancel it because of how few people signed up, which for an EU event is unheard of. Typically they've got too many people. But because it wasn't a GT3 race, almost no one bothered.

It's really sad because there are so many other awesome cars, yet so many people only care for the GT3.

There's been two (I think) T125 races.
I set one up, and had several people pull out because they thought the car was too difficult to drive.

Personally I'd love to run it some more, but a lot people feel that it's a bit daunting to drive.
We can run it more when more people feel comfortable racing it.

And even still now, some people struggle to drive GT3 cars, which are the easiest car in the game to drive.
But in time, as the general population improve, then we'll look at running F1 styled races.

Last edited:
I just wanted to drop a note to see where is everyone on the Exos T125. I really love the car and wish there were RD races with it. It feels like the most interest is generated by GT3 races (which I also enjoy immensely) but let's show the T125/S1 some love :)
What do you think guys, will you be interested in racing with the Exos?
I would really like the opportunity to race more races with my T125. Love the speed and races. There is very few races in public servers available with the T125..

It's really sad because there are so many other awesome cars, yet so many people only care for the GT3.

There's been two (I think) T125 races.
I set one up, and had several people pull out because they thought the car was too difficult to drive.

Personally I'd love to run it some more, but a lot people feel that it's a bit daunting to drive.
We can run it more when more people feel comfortable racing it.

And even still now, some people struggle to drive GT3 cars, which are the easiest car in the game to drive.
But in time, as the general population improve, then we'll look at running F1 styled races.

Shame people are not more interested right now because with the down force of these cars, you can get really creative on track and pull up moves which will be simply impossible in the GT3...which is a lot fun :whistling:
I agree that the cars are not as easy to drive and this puts people off but I hope this will change.

p.s. as for the road cars, I am really not interested in racing in them... :cautious:

I've done maybe two laps in it. I really enjoy the gt cars.

That's the thing, these cars are very difficult to drive at first. They have very high down force and once you understand how to rely on the aero everything will fall into place (you have to approach them in a very different way than the GT cars) The only way to happen though is through driving...few laps are not enough ;)

I would really like the opportunity to race more races with my T125. Love the speed and races. There is very few races in public servers available with the T125..

I know exactly what you mean.... pushing the T125 hard gives the impression of a flow on the track and almost like tunnel vision which is unmatched by the other cars - for example, I really dislike the Maggotts and Becketts section of Silverstone in a GT3 car but absolutely love it in the Exos because of the flow :thumbsup:
There is a reason why F1 is pinnacle of motorsport after all..
If you want to get yourself licensed on RD, with @Georg Siebert and a couple of guys we are trying to get together for practising (and racing later on) If you are interested, drop me a pm.
@Saleem Hodge if you are interested in the practice sessions, let me/Georg know :)

Last edited:
I think I'm giving the wrong impression. Extremely high downside cars just aren't my cup of tea anymore. I could drive the car, maybe not at the limit but I could race it. I just lack any motivation to do it. I enjoy the GT3 far more than the formula cars. For me I get the enjoyment from race cars based on road cars. I am absolutely smitten over prototypes much more than open wheel cars. The racing is far better and has more baring in reality imho.

I am more than happy to diverse events, indeed looking forward to some GT2, exos, mayhbe Ferrari 458 stage 3 races, however I feel the World cup may be a reason why sign ups have dwindled a little. This is definitely the case for me!

Probably asked befiore: Why are you not using Steam Chat via the Racedepartment group for invites to Quick Races?
Some frineds of mine do it quite successfully. Suggest a car/track combination, set the staring/vbooking time within the next 2 hours. I think it is worth a try, at least for races on the 24/7 server. Because Steam is running an most pc in the backgroung anyway, and I think you got a way bigger audience this way as if every member has to check al the time if the server is up, if people are online etc..

It is summer also some days i even go outside and do stuff!

Am getting older so i do not do as much stuff as i used to but i do like some sun on occasion.

Summer time game pops generally decline. Heck since summer officially started the forums even slowed down or it seems it.

And the big netcode update is being waited on the official booking free system for races etc.

@Chris Stacey why don't we check if the AUS/NZ & US Morning crew (@Sun Levi, @David Armstrong, @Justin Talent, @Tony Binelli, @Noel Spence @Michael Young @Fred Locklear) want to race the Pagani Zonda. http://www.assettocorsa.net/pagani-zonda-r/

Inspired by Le man I spun a few laps in it around Bathurst. It was absolutely great.

Maybe a good half way house between the GT3 and the T125.
Not sure what track to run on but if memory serves me correctly it holds a lot of fuel so you could even go enduro with 30+ laps of Monza

PS. Did I miss any of the regulars?

We can vote, we can follow up on the requests in this thread, which we have done but for some reason the interest has dropped from racing in three servers to less than the minimum required amount of drivers.

Its GT3 only and the other cars are ignored. The power of this game lies imo in the nice variety that is available.

What is the reason people don't want to race them? Too eager for the win? Or..?

I try to get to all the races I can as I really enjoy them. Just a bit busy at the moment with school.

Is there a way to inform people via steam chat/pm that a certain event on i.e. 24/server is held in an hours time or so and that is sent to all RD Liecensed Members? Some groups on steam do it that way quite successfully that way.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.