AC Racing Club Ideas

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In this thread you can spit your ideas for the AC Racing Club.
  • Want a special event to be organised?
  • Are we systematically overlooking cars or tracks?
  • You wish to organize a race for the "wifes/men of RD" and hook up your partner with other community partners?
  • Something else? Spit it out here

On most tracks they are within a second of each other on laptimes, the speed differences on certain parts is what can make this a lot of fun in club races.
Well, let's just test it :)

-------------------------------

Since the vast majority of participants in the racing club here gravitates towards events with GT3 cars, let's flavor it up with different tracks (test drove all of these):

• Road America - fast, american style road course, good quality
  • Brands Hatch - fun track with lots of haritage, but this version is quite bumby
  • Lime Rock Park - american circuit reminisent of an oval, short, very fast, very fun, good quality
  • Mount Panorama, Barthurst - "the austrailian one" - unique track with lots of elevation changes, needs more work tho, bumpy
The big one (pretty please?):
  • Laguna Seca - mostly known for one corner, the Corkscrew, this track is surely one of a kind, good quality

Since summer is moving in, this means i need to get up @around 4h30/5h00 am:( for work.
So i would like to ask if its possible to make racing club events 1 hour earlier during the week? Weekends, friday saturday and sunday starting hour is ok.
Just a question:)

I don't know if this has been posted before, as I didn't make ny way through the whole tread. This idea is inspired by my 1st MP experiences, which me (really slow) and other slow guys having a SP training session within the Club Race - till the fast uys are lapping us.

Battle of the worst

Maybe we could organize a fun club race where the worst or slowest drivers (the last 4 -5 drivers) from the quali (or RSR timing) get a 1 lap advantage against the rest of the field. The seriously fast racers can have a real race against each other and we get to fight them if they are closing, not only letting them pass by.

Additionally we can have a real battle at the front and could train the most basic racing behaviour - I would love that, but it would recquire a large amount of goodwill by the fast guys to acceppt this challenge.

For Example:
Imola - 25laps
the fast drivers start their race when the 1st of the slow ones exits the Rivazza

Similar to Franks idea, but a more complicated one. Lets say we fill two servers and people are distributed randomly (not taking membership into account). After qualifications, very likely on both servers you get two groups of drivers (fast and slower) and the time diff can be as high as 3-5 secs per lap. I know that we race together to learn from the best, but with such a gap, by the end of lap 3 we, slower drivers, are left on the back of the grid by miles. And then it turns into solitary driving lesson. Yea, consistency (the slower, the more consistent) and other drivers errors might get you nearer to the front pack, but one is driving alone for the greater part of the race.
If we could range people according to some sort of performance points, it would result in a more even distribution of race knowledge. That way, two servers would be a faster and a slower one and upon applying for the grid position, one could have opted for one of them or be classified on performance points in one of the two servers. The end result would be closer racing and more enjoyable experience.
The other way would be distribution upon quali results but that would mean another password sent and extended waiting time between end of quali and begin of the race. Above that, increase in administration, so out of the question.

I don't know if this has been posted before, as I didn't make ny way through the whole tread. This idea is inspired by my 1st MP experiences, which me (really slow) and other slow guys having a SP training session within the Club Race - till the fast uys are lapping us.

Battle of the worst

Maybe we could organize a fun club race where the worst or slowest drivers (the last 4 -5 drivers) from the quali (or RSR timing) get a 1 lap advantage against the rest of the field. The seriously fast racers can have a real race against each other and we get to fight them if they are closing, not only letting them pass by.

Additionally we can have a real battle at the front and could train the most basic racing behaviour - I would love that, but it would recquire a large amount of goodwill by the fast guys to acceppt this challenge.

For Example:
Imola - 25laps
the fast drivers start their race when the 1st of the slow ones exits the Rivazza

Would it not be easier just inverted grid start?

Personally I love the GT3's, they're great fun to drive. I just don't want to have every event as a GT3 event. Too much of a good thing and they'll get old very quickly.

We just need a bit of variation. Unfortunately, anything that isn't GT3 simply isn't getting enough people. Even the Formula Abarth (which IMO is the best car in the game) doesn't get as many as the GT3.

I think it'd be nice to see some more 500 Abarth events, but perhaps we'd be wiser to wait until slipstreaming is implemented because at the moment it's tough to overtake in cars like that.

Personally I love the GT3's, they're great fun to drive. I just don't want to have every event as a GT3 event. Too much of a good thing and they'll get old very quickly.

We just need a bit of variation. Unfortunately, anything that isn't GT3 simply isn't getting enough people. Even the Formula Abarth (which IMO is the best car in the game) doesn't get as many as the GT3.

I think it'd be nice to see some more 500 Abarth events, but perhaps we'd be wiser to wait until slipstreaming is implemented because at the moment it's tough to overtake in cars like that.

I agree, slower cars like the 500s and maybe some KTM or lotus 11 would be a very nice alternative to GTs. Specially in smallish circuits.

However my main reason to join or not an event is not the car/track option but real live availability. And I assume that is a common situation to most of us here. So I would suggest to go for the most popular combinations during the week (GTs, 500s, main tracks, etc.) and try the more "exotic" ones on friday, saturday and sunday when there is generally more people available, so it is easier to get a decent grid lineup.

Last edited:
normally like street cars more, but looks like there arent enough sign ups for those races / or as many sign ups as for gt3 races.
so i guess have to get used to gt3 cars for having some "real" races then it seems. just a question: why dont you add the p 4/5 in the gt3 mix? looking at rsr hotlaps, it has around the same speed as those 3 cars one can choose from at the moment.

Hey @Bram Hengeveld , i have noticed that lately people don't participate much in the club races.
I think there are 3-4 main reasons:
1) Summer is here, at least in my country, its too hot so i am getting completely knackered @ work and i usually am not feeling well to race, i think this stands for other people aswell.
2) Many people have exams right now, all over Europe every student has exams, so they cant race.
3) I am not sure about this one but i know a couple of people who rather practice alone than race in club races since they realized they are not fast enough.
4) The combos of car / track could be "safer" , IMO i think Mixed races of GT2 / 3 / GTC are sure to gather a lot of people, also DTM , GrA and 500's. But most important is the track, i think we should cycle between official tracks, and not mods. So it might be only 4-5 tracks but most people feel confident in them and they will sign up more easily.

This is my 2 cents :p

Go Greece ! (in world cup)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back