2018 RD Touring Car Championship (R3E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone feel like sharing some general setup tips (like stiffer or softer suspension settings/ARB, wings, etc.), I'm really not comfortable with those cars, especially on Suzuka :thumbsdown:
If you're willing to share you will have my eternal gratitude :D

Reduce your wing. I think I was running 7-8 in practice, better drivers could probably go lower. Bump your gear ratios up a couple of notches too. There endeth the lesson, because I know sod all about setups. :D

That's pretty much what I have so far: I'm running 8 and I think I have the gearing ratio nailed down (4.91 or 4,76). I'm just looking for a bit more grip and stability in the fast corners, especially the S curves where I think I'm losing most of my time, and Degner, maybe Spoon too. I think my setup is pretty stiff, I was wondering if I should soften some stuff, and if so, what...

Granted, this is not my type of combo. I like Suzuka, but it's very tricky to carry enough speed. Combined with my profound hatred for high downforce cars that I find extremely unpredictable to keep at the limit, trying to hotlap is a special kind of hell for me :p

Is it possible to take fuel in the pitstop?
Absolutely. When you're setting your pit strategy in the menus, set the amount of fuel you want and make sure the option is highlighted in GREEN. There's a handy pitstop tutorial here.

Be aware that taking fuel does add a lot of time onto your pitstop, so if you can do the race by taking a full tank instead it will (nearly) always be the better option. That said, I'm not sure we can make it to the end of this race without a quick splash-and-dash at some point.

• Deleted member 387850

I'm also wondering about the pitstop strategy as I ran 30 mins with one set of tyres and the fronts were absolutely knackered. They seem to be overheating through the fast turns which I assume is why they wear so quickly. The rears stayed pretty good, which at least means you can get through 130R pointing the right direction, but it's hard to get through the Esses with the front end pushing. Could be interesting if anyone decided to do two stops!

One thing I'd recommend is doing a bit of practice using DRS if you plan to use it in the race! The first time I tried to go into 130R with the wing open was... interesting :D

Absolutely. When you're setting your pit strategy in the menus, set the amount of fuel you want and make sure the option is highlighted in GREEN. There's a handy pitstop tutorial here.

Be aware that taking fuel does add a lot of time onto your pitstop, so if you can do the race by taking a full tank instead it will (nearly) always be the better option. That said, I'm not sure we can make it to the end of this race without a quick splash-and-dash at some point.

Yeah I planning on doing a ten lap race and just stopping every lap to get used to it. It's a good system and works well (the pitstop presets are a good idea) but it takes a little bit of getting used to.

The joystick on the Fanatec wheel is a godsend with Raceroom pitstops! lol

What Dilly and Sissy said (Tobias and Smug).

Train tyre management and how hard can you push. If you need to pit earlier than usual, go, but you'll have to be conservative on your lines if you do, but it should be 30/30

Now you guys run around using foreign words again... "Practice"? "Testing"? :laugh:

I know, why not do as I did in RDGTC. Have 0 testing at all. Show up when official session start, do the driving, go to qual and then do the race. You can't get it more realistic than that.

Also. That way I don't have to learn such weird words. I know "qual" and "race". Those are the important ones? Or?:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 2 25.0%