2018 RD Touring Car Championship (R3E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously guys. Why do we host series when so many people sign out even before the start. We have reserved prize money, drivers are able to miss one entire weekend and still commitment is an issue.

Are leagues a thing from the past?

Seriously guys. Why do we host series when so many people sign out even before the start. We have reserved prize money, drivers are able to miss one entire weekend and still commitment is an issue.

Are leagues a thing from the past?
That seems a tad overdramatic :whistling: I look forward to Sunday :)

We had 42 drivers with 7 on reserve. We are now down to 35 drivers. 12 have vanished already before a single cm was raced.

I find that percentage way too high. We have listened to the feedback after RDGTC and made the entry barrier less high and before the start of RDTCC we're proven wrong already.

We are grateful with 35 drivers being committed to the series but it leaves a very bad tatse in my mouth to see so many withdrawing before we have even started.

hat seems a tad overdramatic :whistling:
Not really, because commitment is a real issue. Compared to the initial sign-up list we've had at least ten drivers bail out already, and the league hasn't even started yet. Whatever way you look at it, that's pretty ridiculous. There will always be a few drop-outs due to real life issues, but over ten? Come on.

Basically people are mad-rushing to grab a slot for themselves before knowing if they can even commit to the league schedule. That means people who could have committed and raced have now missed out on the opportunity due to lack of space, many of which are no longer interested in filling freed slots because they have no time left for practice. To me that seems quite unfair, especially since we changed the entry requirements this time around to make things easier for people.

Edit: :ninja:'d by Bram.

Hm... well I think that's pretty much only down to the grid cutoff being at 36 instead of 42. If I were on reserves, I'd think twice if practice was worth it, so that's the other side of the fence.

Hm... well I think that's pretty much only down to the grid cutoff being at 36 instead of 42.
No it's not. We've lost 10+ people from the actual confirmed grid, not the reserves. Reserves started dropping out as round one got close due to lack of practice time. Who wants to practice for a league they might not get into?

@Bram Hengeveld If people had announced their retirement earlier, I would have practiced and I would be eager to race on Sunday showing the same level of commitment as with RDGTC. My theoretical spot was available 2 am today, after i resigned as the only reserve. Since my free time is very limited (father of a 2 year-old) I must plan ahead for the race day and for my practice, both now not possible.

I have been occupied every day since December 16th and haven't driven a single minute of practice yet. Still I am here this Sunday to race.

Conditions may vary for each individual but I personally find it pretty absurd that people sign out two days before the start of round 1.

I am glad we have a solid core group to race with this Sunday so I am going to put my energy into that. But that things have to change for future larger esport events is pretty clear. We can't continue like this with 20% bailing out already before the start.

That said. Let's focus on Sundays race at Suzuka. Looking forward seeing the entire field on @Joseph Wright 's broadcast :)

Bram,
the only reason i pulled out was because of the large no of entries and i felt i was not as competitive as a lot of other guys. But if the numbers have now dwindled to unacceptable levels, i will race.
Please advise?

Basically I think you need to buy your car with your livery, and the 6 tracks. Others will correct me if needed, but I don't see any pack that will get you a discount. The tracks are half price at the moment, today is the last day of this Christmas sale so hurry up! You don't need to buy the cars from the other people, only yours.

Just take the time to have a look at this thread with discounts tips. Even if you just buy the content for the league, the first post will give you a useful overview: in short, go to
And keep in mind this is a good investment in your case, there is a nice price for the winner...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 27.3%