2018 RD Touring Car Championship (R3E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got disqualified for not doing a stop go penalty :((tried to do stop/go penalty 3 times):thumbsdown:, for overtaking under yellow coming out of the last corner. I did not even now there was a yellow flag until I got the warning:mad:. Have not got a clue how to do a stop/go penalty. :unsure:. HOW DO YOU DO A STOP/GO PENALTY? incase I get another one:cry:

Holy hell that was intense...
I had a great start, until the esses where nerves had the better of me and I went off... Came back 20th and kept making a lot of mistakes (went off a few times).
I finally settled in and had too many amazing battles to count, but I have to mention @Gogui96 , that was incredibly intense, especially when I passed you on the outside at 130R forgetting to close my DRS and went sideways but managed to hold it.... my buttcheeks were clenched for a moment....
I hope I wasn't too aggressive and/or didn't defend to harshly... If so, let me know and I'll apologize!
Great race everyone, that was insane!

Well that sucked.

damn.jpg

@Casper Hougaard sorry for pushing you round on the exit of the chicane after you lost momentum. I waited for you but then that caused problems for @Steve Le Gallez @Colin Herkes and you again when I think you all got a drive through penalty for overtaking on yellow (probably because I waited for you).

Learnt my lesson and will not wait in the future as the damage caused was worse than if I carried on.

Sorry.
Edit:
Just realised you got DQ'd Colin for not serving the penalty I caused. Not sure I can apologise enough for ruining your race. :(

Here it is from my POV

Last edited:
my best ever championship race ---21st or 20th can't remember lol. another lap and i would have got @Ross Garland . dissapointing quali as was running 15th in practice but think i qualified 21st. by end of lap one i was dead last but clawed my way back up the field. i actually felt like i belonged in this championship whereas my only previous one, the last GT3, i felt totally out of my depth. was a good feeling !! great race everyone and grats to the podium guys !! bloody scary trying to let ferdinand and ismail by when they were battling !!

HOW DO YOU DO A STOP/GO PENALTY?

When you pit in it will be an option in the pit menu, the very top one I think. Click it, then click confirm, then stop in your pit box.

my best ever championship race ---21st or 20th can't remember lol. another lap and i would have got @Ross Garland .
21st, as I was 20th. :) You were reeling me in and definitely would have gotten me with one more lap or if you hadn't lost your DRS on the lap before.

Overall a good race for me. Knocked into last at T1 but got back up to 20th so I'm happy with that. Some of those places were actual overtakes too so I'm even happier. Looking forward to the next one! :thumbsup:

Got disqualified for not doing a stop go penalty :((tried to do stop/go penalty 3 times):thumbsdown:, for overtaking under yellow coming out of the last corner. I did not even now there was a yellow flag until I got the warning:mad:. Have not got a clue how to do a stop/go penalty. :unsure:. HOW DO YOU DO A STOP/GO PENALTY? incase I get another one:cry:
Call pit menu, scroll down to stop/go penalty, then as you cross the pit speed limit line you must press enter to confirm. :thumbsup:
Bugger Ninja'd by Ross:speechless:

@Casper Hougaard sorry for pushing you round on the exit of the chicane after you lost momentum. I waited for you but then that caused problems for @Steve Le Gallez @Colin Herkes and you again when I think you all got a drive through penalty for overtaking on yellow (probably because I waited for you).

Learnt my lesson but was and will not wait in the future as the damage caused was worse than if I carried on.

Sorry.
Edit:
Just realised you got DQ'd Colin for not serving the penalty I caused. Not sure I can apologise enough for ruining your race. :(

Don't worry about it from my part, I did get a stop/go for overtaking on a yellow and tried to do the penalty, but did not know how to do it (tried 3 times:whistling:). I got the yellow flag warning late and did not have a clue who I had overtaking. Just need to learn how to do a stop/go penalty now:).

• Deleted member 387850

I think the nerves of my first league race got to me as well! Started P17 and I braked in plenty of time for T1 but for some reason forgot to turn the wheel and went skipping over the gravel. Rejoined in 28th and had some good scrapes coming through the field, but every time I’d make progress I’d make a mistake.

Had a great scrap with @Nobkins for most of the race which was fun, just so hard to pass at Suzuka even with DRS! Also had some contact with @Daniel Nieto which seemed like a “racing incident” but unfortunately he came of worse from it. Sorry buddy!

Finished up P18 so I’ll take that considering how many excursions I had :redface:

More than happy with 13th considering the small amount of practice I did. Took me a few laps to get into a proper rhythm, from then on a couple of nice battles throughout the race. Highlight was going side by side through 130R, can't remember with whom it was, but it was awesome :D

Call pit menu, scroll down to stop/go penalty, then as you cross the pit speed limit line you must press enter to confirm. :thumbsup:
Bugger Ninja'd by Ross:speechless:
Thanks for that:thumbsup:, I thought the penalty was a bit harsh as the accident had nothing to do with me:(, so it's like doing a pit stop but I need to press the stop/go penalty instead. Hope I don't get another one though:whistling:

PC decided that i shouldn't qualify(kicked me out of the server 3 times plus a Blue screen), so i ended up 35th after qualifying. After all 14th isn't too bad, and had a lot of intense fun while overtaking(and defending, Goddamn DRS @Dan ONeill :D)

Great racing Ferdinand. Enjoyed watching you. Very clean and fair racing too. Well deserved win. :thumbsup:

I'm not used to this game / car combo under race conditions so I was disappointed to see that my pit stop would take 30 seconds!!
I was in 6th with an 8 second lead over 7th but came out in 14th thinking "oh that's ok everyone else has to put and take fuel on", wrong...
Once the pit window closed I knew I'd f****d up.
I'm sure when I was practicing my stops they took about 8?
Oh well you live and learn.
Some good battles during the race though so I enjoyed it after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 194 67.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 124 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 132 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.4%
Back