1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Pit Stop Tutorial June 2017

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Vangelis Parginos, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos
    Greek SimRacing Community Premium

Ratings:
    +1,864
    I dont know if there is another thread about it.
    If there is, admins can delete it. :)

When we are doing a mandatory pitstop, we have a time window to do our pit stop.
    You will get a notice 2-3 minutes before the pit lane will open and 2-3 minutes before the pitlane will close.
    The procedure is a little bit tricky and many of us, we have lost either time, or we had to do another pitstop, or at the worst case scenario we got DQ.
    Thats why find time to practice your pit stops.

1) Create a pit stop preset and make sure you highlight green the things you want to change so you dont have many things to fix during pit stop.
    20170602104059_1.jpg
    20170602104104_1.jpg
    2) Bind the correct keys and memorize them. This is my setup but you have to create your own. Just those are the necessary keys.
    20170602104123_1.jpg
    3) Open the pit stop request dialogue before you are very close to enter the pit lane, so you dont lose time.
    4) Reduce speed and engage pit stop limiter before the pit lane entry, so you dont get a penalty.
    5) When you are inside the pitlane activate the confirm pit stop actions.
    20170602104410_1.jpg
    6) Disengage the pit stop limiter after the pit lane exit.

Edit: If you have assigned buttons for Ignition and Starter you have to turn off and on your engine manually!!!!

Do some testing alone and find the keys that suits you best.

Have fun

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017 at 07:38
    • Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos

Ratings:
    +1,864
    I just saw the tutorial at the sticky's hahaha

Sorry about that.

Staff you do what ever you want, with this one. :D

The other one is a little old, so i think this can help someone. :ninja:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,367
    Thanks for the update Vangelis, I would recommend that the pit menu toggle is also mapped so that you can close it after requesting the pitstop as it can interfere with spotting apexes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos

Ratings:
    +1,864
    If you press the pit request toggle again when you have it open, it closes. I do it all the time. :thumbsup:

But yes, we can add what ever i forgot. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Case Premium

Ratings:
    +1,287
    Doesn't it cancel the pitstop when you do that? I thought it did.

6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Case Premium

Ratings:
    +1,287
    Also, it should be noted that you only need to follow the pit lane speed limit after crossing the line with two cones (one at each side of the road) and a speed limit sign, usually located just outside the first pit stall, not on the entire pit road. I've seen quite a few people during my racing obeying the limit on the entire pit road and it can be quite frustrating (even if understandable) if you're hoping for a quick pit stop and someone holds you up like this.

Same with pit lane exit, again, after you cross the line with the cones and the speed limit sign, you can go as fast as you dare on the rest of the pit road.

7. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos

Ratings:
    +1,864
    You press it again and it enables it.
    When you press the pit request toggle, you do it if you want to make some changes to the preset and so the pit crew will be more ready for you, even if you dont open it its not a problem you will just lose a little time.
    You close it only if, like Kenny said, it interferes with your view. but its not a big problem if you activate it half a minute before you enter the pit.

At every single track is different, thats why you need to practice the pit stop, so you can find the pit lane entry line and exit line. Unfortunately its not that clear. At some tracks is totally messed up, so it needs practice.
    The only correct way to do that is with pictures from the correct points,
    but we have too many tracks to start and do that :D

I made this tutorial for the new racers at RaceRoom.
    Everyone of us, is doing something different. Something that fits our needs and capabilities.
    As i said every body is free to add if i forgot something.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,367
    Ninja'd by Vangelis:)

• Haha Haha x 1