2018 Fantasy Season

Misc 2018 Fantasy Season 1.4.1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey Apex!
First of all thx for the easy install, and to all the modders who participated in this. I am enjoying it very much to race new liveries!

I am also getting into modding myself and modded already successfully in F1 2016 with help of existing mods and 3d models. I wanted to try it in F1 2017 now and your mod would be perfect. I also dowloaded the 3d models and was able to change the liverie to my desire (i used the Sauber) BUT... i have just a basic understanding of how the mipmaps works. I know that they they have to be exported/imported with ERP and saving paintings in DX1 and decals in DX5 because of the maps etc... anyway, great, you used the 3d models PSD files that i was able to change, so i just overwrote and renamed the original, so the game doesnt care about it, drag and dropped the install, but the game crashes when i want to timetrial.( ... hmm could be that, because it is linked to online somehow). Also the decal wireframe has changed and it seems some parts are missing, without me removing anything. I am missing the alpha channel too, so i can overpaint the old decals with new ones.

sorry for the wall of text but im really loving modding and want to learn more. Any good tips on how i can understand better the PSD File modding and saving ;) ? Below my progress so far.

upload_2018-7-21_4-52-58.png

upload_2018-7-21_4-54-31.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes