2017 Brazilian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - VOTE NOW

The 5.5 sec gap between Hamilton and Vettel doesn't mean anything about the relative performance of the cars. Vettel was obviously in management mode since Bottas failed to prove a real threat.

Completely agree.

Since the introduction of the safety car there's been no value in going flat out to build a 30 second lead.

So the tactical approach to winning is get to 5 seconds and hold it.

So. When kids writes "i woted or not woted beacouse I like, i dont like" I as a real F1 fan can say only - Hamilton. Why? Beacouse on Interlagos he show to all real Champ quality.

Voted for Ricciardo.
Hamilton drove really well, but he didn't really have to put much effort to make any of those overtakes, especially with new engine parts his car was just so much better than everyone's else.
Ricciardo on the other hand had to perform some crazy braking's maneuveres to get past, so IMO that's more reamarkable.
N.B. I'm not saying that Hamilton drove worse than him or that he isn't capable of doing the same, just Ricciardo had to show his talent, Lewis in my opinion not as much, not in terms of overtaking capablity at least.

Voted for Ricciardo.
Hamilton drove really well, but he didn't really have to put much effort to make any of those overtakes, especially with new engine parts his car was just so much better than everyone's else.
Ricciardo on the other hand had to perform some crazy braking's maneuveres to get past, so IMO that's more reamarkable.
N.B. I'm not saying that Hamilton drove worse than him or that he isn't capable of doing the same, just Ricciardo had to show his talent, Lewis in my opinion not as much, not in terms of overtaking capablity at least.

Completely agree, some of Dan's moves were balls out, Lewis was just simply sailing past people on pure engine difference alone.

No way should a car be allowed to have 20 bhp or 100 bhp more than another car...

Are you sure you're watching the right sport?

This has been the situation in F1 for as long as I've been watching it. Williams Honda, McLaren Honda, Williams Renault, Benetton Renault, and on and on.

And it's not just about the engines.

In the era up to 2013 the engines were fairly standard, so the team that could produce the best chassis won.

Massa, relentless pressure from Alonso the whole race, form is temporary class is permanent. It applies to both those two drivers.

*Cant believe Hamilton got so many votes, fresh engine to run all the boost he wants. Speed diff between him and Verstappen at the end of the straight with drs was +30kph...

Im not at all a Hamilton fan but I have voted for him. Not for the overtakes he made (because its a mercedes after all...) but for his consistency and his superb pace on the soft tires. He was even faster on his very used soft tires than Bottas on his fresh tires.. Respect.

...*Cant believe Hamilton got so many votes, fresh engine to run all the boost he wants. Speed diff between him and Verstappen at the end of the straight with drs was +30kph...
:alien:
Im not at all a Hamilton fan but I have voted for him. Not for the overtakes he made (because its a mercedes after all...) but for his consistency and his superb pace on the soft tires. He was even faster on his very used soft tires than Bottas on his fresh tires.. Respect.
^ That.

As my buddy JV said...
Bottas pace for whole race was quite embarrassing.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bottas-performance-embarrassing-brazil-villeneuve-978179/

<mod edit: no personal insults>

Last edited by a moderator:
Consistency and pace in a car he's very familiar with, has helped develop, and has a lot of ease in setting up to manage it almost perfectly to his style of driving. In that sense yes, bravo. The only yard stick for him is vettel, and he won today.

Also Villeneuves cute banter needs a grain of salt. He's rarely been on point with his commentary.

For me it was more impressive what was happening in the midfield. Massa, Alonso, Ricciardo.

Lewis had the newest engine cranked up and passed mainly before the corner such was his advantage. Daniel made some amazing passes, Alonzo and Massa drove like there was no tomorrow so how the bloody h??? do you guys say Hamilton was driver of the day? Car of the day for sure but my mum could have driven to 5th with that technical advantage.

Well, voted for Hamilton, because it was too easy for him to overtake today. :D

Hamilton didn't do anything... this guy has got so much luck it's not fair... 1st lap 3 people dnf, than on the second lap 6 people pit, than nobody fought against him, they just let him pass... yeah great driver of the day... not to mention the strongest car on the grid.

Are you sure you're watching the right sport?

This has been the situation in F1 for as long as I've been watching it. Williams Honda, McLaren Honda, Williams Renault, Benetton Renault, and on and on.

And it's not just about the engines.

In the era up to 2013 the engines were fairly standard, so the team that could produce the best chassis won.

I follow the teams not the drivers. The true genius's are the teams / engineers / car designers. That is my point. And yes its always been this way

Did you miss the bit about having a better spec engine than Bottas? Hardly comparable. Don't get me wrong, Bottas is in F1 terms very average, but still to be fair to him Lewis had a better engine...

It said to me everything that is wrong with F1 over last few seasons, its basically authorized cheating IMO..
I used to kart and we knew when someone had a bent engine, it was obvious, but we also knew that it was cheating.... F1 condones it.
No way should a car be allowed to have 20 bhp or 100 bhp more than another car...
It was a joke and also if Merc have all these 'better spec' engines on standby, how can we even compare the team mates ? Bottas could be a few specs below Lewis's engine FFS.
Utter joke and if it was Alonso in that Merc i'd say the same, its unfair and Lewis in braizl was like starting a race in a sim on 50% AI and being chuffed with yourself for coming through the pack....

I follow the teams not the drivers. The true genius's are the teams / engineers / car designers. That is my point. And yes its always been this way

Erm ....

So you follow the teams, because of their genius. But if one team uses its genius in engine design to get 20BHP more than any other team, they're cheating, bent, an utter joke, unfair?

Let me guess ... the team you follow for their genius teams / engineers / car designers is not Mercedes?!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.