2017 Brazilian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - VOTE NOW

Hands down Hamilton. Brilliant achievement. Without the burden of becoming WDC and a better suited track he have shown today why Bottas will always be a second driver as long as he is in a Mercedes. And my educated guess is that Bottas his F1 career will be pretty done when Mercedes replaces him when better drivers become available.

Not that I dislike Bottas, on the contrary, but imho he have shown today he is too mediocre. And with his body language at the end of the race signs he is pretty much aware of it.

And then the Haas guys... Stoffel van Doorne was first touched by Romain Grosjean and then he met a wrecking ball called Kevin Magnussen. Only to be superseeded by Romain Grosjean knocking off Esteban Ocon under a just deployed safety car situation. Even mentioning he was hit from behind while nobody was nearby. It seems like both Haas drivers lacks any awareness. I wish Gene good luck with these two drivers if he would ever accomplish in F1 with these two jokers. What a disgrace these two...

For me Massa was the drive of the race. Lewis has a car advantage that Massa doesn't. The Williams shouldn't have finished where it did, that's why I voted for him this time round. He had serious pressure at the end as both Alonso and Perez were both using DRS to stay with him but he still held on for that result. A great piece of driving in my view and thoroughly deserved.
I'm torn between Massa and Alonso for DotD. Massa did an outstanding job, was on a very fast weekend, and achieved the best possible result with his car.

That said, I had the feeling Alonso was actually racing faster on a worse car, and the reason he could not get through was the weaker engine (and the wake turbulence effect). You see, he did catch up to Massa rather quickly after the first laps, and again after the pitstop, and Massa never did manage to pull away.

Hands down Hamilton. Brilliant achievement. Without the burden of becoming WDC and a better suited track he have shown today why Bottas will always be a second driver as long as he is in a Mercedes. And my educated guess is that Bottas his F1 career will be pretty done when Mercedes replaces him when better drivers become available.

Not that I dislike Bottas, on the contrary, but imho he have shown today he is too mediocre. And with his body language at the end of the race signs he is pretty much aware of it.

And then the Haas guys... Stoffel van Doorne was first touched by Romain Grosjean and then he met a wrecking ball called Kevin Magnussen. Only to be superseeded by Romain Grosjean knocking off Esteban Ocon under a just deployed safety car situation. Even mentioning he was hit from behind while nobody was nearby. It seems like both Haas drivers lacks any awareness. I wish Gene good luck with these two drivers if he would ever accomplish in F1 with these two jokers. What a disgrace these two...

of course hamilton is faster than bottas because car is made for hamilton not for bottas. dont like too much british formula guys or the bbc crew because always they think that hamilton is the best. and dont forget that hamilton has new engine so he can drive 20kmh faster on straights. and vettel is crying baby.

It bores me that a Hamilton starting from the pits can go up to 5,5 seconds to the leader in finish...i hope that the other teams can catchup the Mercedes cars next year, otherwise it can get very boring. Sure, Hamilton is a good driver but i am sure that with his new engine, he was given a lot more power than Botas.

So for me, it is not a super driving that Hamilton has done and he deserve not the driver of the day vote only because his car is that much better than the others. Just watch the last few laps, no chance to overtake a Kimi, how brilliant is that?

Ricciardo. He also came from the back of the field, but unlike Hamilton who had a fresh engine turned up to the max, Daniel had only the 3rd best engine in F1 which made it very difficult to catch, or even keep up with, most of the other cars up the hill to the start finish straight.

Resulting in some fantastic late braking overtakes.

Great drive from Massa too.

I don't like Lewis but today he was best driver on the grid

So he started from the pit lane because Merc changed his engine to a better spec one.... so the guy with the best car / engine by a mile gets an even better engine!!
It said to me everything that is wrong with F1 over last few seasons, its basically authorized cheating IMO..
I used to kart and we knew when someone had a bent engine, it was obvious, but we also knew that it was cheating.... F1 condones it.
No way should a car be allowed to have 20 bhp or 100 bhp more than another car...
It was a joke and also if Merc have all these 'better spec' engines on standby, how can we even compare the team mates ? Bottas could be a few specs below Lewis's engine FFS.
Utter joke and if it was Alonso in that Merc i'd say the same, its unfair and Lewis in braizl was like starting a race in a sim on 50% AI and being chuffed with yourself for coming through the pack....

He is I agree, but the Merc has enabled him to win races and get poles and be at the sharp end....what does that tell you about the Merc and F1 in general?

Also not sure if Sky said this but DC did on channel 4, Merc gave Lewis a better spec engine for the race...so better as in better than Bottas one, so hardly fair to judge based on that....but LH fanboys don't give a stuff about that....

Massa could not even get away from Alonso, reputated for not having a good engine and yet he is proud. No wonder he never won the title even when he was driving the best car.

I voted Massa because of the duel with Alonso :D Fernando was trying over and over to get closer and overtake him, but no way!
And also it was his last Grand Prix. So, farewell Felipe, we will miss you! ;)

He is I agree, but the Merc has enabled him to win races and get poles and be at the sharp end....what does that tell you about the Merc and F1 in general?

Also not sure if Sky said this but DC did on channel 4, Merc gave Lewis a better spec engine for the race...so better as in better than Bottas one, so hardly fair to judge based on that....but LH fanboys don't give a stuff about that....
But what do we exactly know about the real differences in specs? Is it just that he have an engine with more milage? Do they cut of the engine to produce less power for more reliability so he is certain to finish? I personally do not really believe these kind of theories. Mercedes has just one goal and that is to dominate. I can’t imagine they do that by limiting one engine.

However what I do believe, is that all working updates always will be implemented mostly first on Hamilton’s car, and that the things they uncertain about but which they want to test will be mostly on Bottas car. Does that give Valtteri Bottas such an extreme disadvantage that Hamilton could approach him to 3 seconds while starting from pitlane? That would mean that Valtteri’s car would be severe compromised. Which I don’t believe. I think it’s pure difference in race krafts. The first corner was a perfect example where he left to much space for Vettel and even seems to be surprised and startled that Vettel was next to him judging his steering movement away from Vettel.

And I really don’t hope you see me as Louis Hamilton fanboy, because a few weeks ago my opinion about FIA’s inconsistentcy with penalties surrounding Max Verstappen’s overtake on Kimi Raikkonen was called:

Complete partisan rubbish!:poop:

*** looks at list who disagreed with me... :roflmao: ***

I just love the sport have a few favorites and a few which I would like to see leaving F1 rather sooner than later. And I have my view and opinion. Is my opinion factual? Well nobodies opinion is factual here... Problem is that a few do believe there opinions are facts instead of opinions and don’t do well on discussions and seek refuge in blaming and shaming “the other” or “the opposite” by calling them fanboy, partisan, foolish, stupid etc. Seldomly they just can stick it just by their view and opinion. Which is pretty sad imho. Because next to just agree, what is more beautiful than agree to disagree?

One persons sees it one way, the other person sees it the other way. To me that’s just a fine status quo :thumbsup:

Fact is DC said that Merc opted for Lewis to start from pit lane as they changed engine to a better spec engine... now i imagine that better spec engine is better than the 'normal' ones they use but less likely to last several races....
on a whim Merc can simply notch up the advantage whenever they like...
All Lewis did all race was wait till the 'straight' and blow past people in a simply demonstration of the engine advantage over everyone else...
Quite how that deserves driver of the day only the fanboys of Lewis can tell you...
Driver of the day should be the driver who puts his car where it most likely doesn't belong...
I'd argue that over that sort of distance with the Merc advantage Lewis got that car exactly where it should be...

I voted for Raikönnen. He did a great job in keeping the pace with the leading guys and hold off the hammering Hamilton with his slightly inferior car. C'mon...Hamilton maybe one if not the best driver currently. But with this machine they gave him, anything but the podium is a loss ;)

There's a very peculiar dislike for Hamilton on these forums

Sorry what exactly are you trying to insinuate there?
I've not read anyone saying they dislike Lewis, just that he is in the best car by a mile for about 4 seasons now and Mercedes even have an engine on stand by that is even better for when Lewis is at the back...
The fanboys rub themselves off over it but if Lewis was still in a Mclaren he would not of won a race in 4 seasons let alone WDC's.....I'd wager 80 percent of those fans would be following someone else....

So for me, it is not a super driving that Hamilton has done and he deserve not the driver of the day vote only because his car is that much better than the others. Just watch the last few laps, no chance to overtake a Kimi, how brilliant is that?

So the first 15 overtakes Hamilton makes, it's all because of the car not him.

Then in the last few laps he can't overtake someone, and that's his fault, not the car's?

Make your mind up!

The 5.5 sec gap between Hamilton and Vettel doesn't mean anything about the relative performance of the cars. Vettel was obviously in management mode since Bottas failed to prove a real threat.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%