2017 Brazilian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - VOTE NOW

Danni Pedrosa, Johan Zarco and Marc Marquez get my proxy votes.
The final round of the MotoGP Championship was all about pure racing and class, neither of which apply to F1.
:roflmao:

Danni Pedrosa, Johan Zarco and Marc Marquez get my proxy votes.
The final round of the MotoGP Championship was all about pure racing and class, neither of which apply to F1.

Nail on head. Marquez's save though! He was all but crashed and he saved it...unreal stuff.
MotoGP the rider who won the Championship isn't even on the best package, but even if he were the closeness of the whole field is why it is almost the most perfect Motorsport on the planet..
Yes, i love all Motorsport, but motorcycling is a different league to the the bunch of rich gentleman drivers and kids with rich Daddy's driving around...

Sorry what exactly are you trying to insinuate there?
I've not read anyone saying they dislike Lewis, just that he is in the best car by a mile for about 4 seasons now and Mercedes even have an engine on stand by that is even better for when Lewis is at the back...
The fanboys rub themselves off over it but if Lewis was still in a Mclaren he would not of won a race in 4 seasons let alone WDC's.....I'd wager 80 percent of those fans would be following someone else....

I'm stating the obvious. You should pay more attention to the forums before accusing me of insinuating something that isn't true. I've seen almost 0 posts praising LH when he wins, only a litany about his engine advantage. While the opposite is true for anyone else on top of the podium, as if Ferrari and Red Bull have **** cars this year. Specifically in these forums mind you, Sky sports may be different, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about RD. And yes, the amount of dislike for LH in RD is quite peculiar.

I'm stating the obvious. You should pay more attention to the forums before accusing me of insinuating something that isn't true. I've seen almost 0 posts praising LH when he wins, only a litany about his engine advantage. While the opposite is true for anyone else on top of the podium, as if Ferrari and Red Bull have **** cars this year. Specifically in these forums mind you, Sky sports may be different, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about RD. And yes, the amount of dislike for LH in RD is quite peculiar.

Your suggesting people are racists?!

Finding racism in Hamilton critics is an annoying shortcut. Of course there are some people who are racist to a certain extent but there are much more obvious reasons why Hamilton has his share of critics: some spoilt kid attitude, jet set life, dating sex bombs (horribly annoying :D ), playing the social networks diva, dressing like a rapper in F1 meetings (but oddly enough not in Mercedes events :p ), sometimes talking like a prick, sometimes playing mindgames with opponents, and so on and most of all: never ending success. Personally I couldn't care less because he is such a great, great driver, but I understand others can't swallow all that

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
Lewis had the newest engine cranked up and passed mainly before the corner such was his advantage. Daniel made some amazing passes, Alonzo and Massa drove like there was no tomorrow so how the bloody h??? do you guys say Hamilton was driver of the day? Car of the day for sure but my mum could have driven to 5th with that technical advantage.
I understand what you are saying, but how come Hamilton was so much faster than Bottas, even having to pass so many cars? Just because he had a new engine? He must have done something right?;)

I voted Raikkonen this time because he could hold Hamilton back the final 5 laps of the race
witch clearly Hamilton had a far superior car in terms of race pace in that stage of the race.

playing the social networks diva, dressing like a rapper in F1 meetings
Sorry, question. Is there a FIA ruling on how drivers should dress? I'd call that judging someone by how they dress... David Beckham doesn't dress too far off from Lewis...each to their own. Yes, he show's off, most of us would in different ways if we could afford too. Sure he grew up less privileged than most of the other drivers so why not live life to the full and be flash if he wants ? ...Theres more to life than racing for someone like Lewis ..... He is officially Britain's richest sport man, and apparently the luckiest driver so i too understand why people cant swallow all that.

I voted Lance Stroll because he was strolling around like a champ, totally ignoring the race and just having fun with his toy.

Sorry, question. Is there a FIA ruling on how drivers should dress? I'd call that judging someone by how they dress... David Beckham doesn't dress too far off from Lewis...each to their own. Yes, he show's off, most of us would in different ways if we could afford too. Sure he grew up less privileged than most of the other drivers so why not live life to the full and be flash if he wants ? ...Theres more to life than racing for someone like Lewis ..... He is officially Britain's richest sport man, and apparently the luckiest driver so i too understand why people cant swallow all that.

While no official dress code exists there is an unwritten 'law' concerning the conduct of drivers and representatives of their teams. 'Britain's richest sportsman' might well have lived in a Council House while his Father worked three(?) jobs, but money doesn't buy 'class' and maturity.
The earbuds and mobile phone incident during media briefings recently demonstrated that perfectly.
Hamilton can dress like a punk rapper and drape as many expensive baubles on his person as he likes, frankly he has all the style and class of a Rat with a gold tooth.

I don't care how he dresses or behaves off track. I think he saves a lot of talking when he's behind the wheel. Without doubt one of the most talented racing drivers of our life era.

Anne-White-Of-The-Usa.png

Oh yeah, he's a real rule breaker...
He would be so kicked out of the Wimbledon. :geek:
But seriously, feel like F1 has more strict dress code than tennis, don't you ?

edit:
This one is even better:
55d2414a1d00006e00144ff0.jpeg

Erm ....

So you follow the teams, because of their genius. But if one team uses its genius in engine design to get 20BHP more than any other team, they're cheating, bent, an utter joke, unfair?

Let me guess ... the team you follow for their genius teams / engineers / car designers is not Mercedes?!

No i watch it for the technology so can see very clearly the advantage Merc have so it is rather annoying to see children get all excited about "Dat Lewis Amilton is well fastest in it, hes da bestest eva!!!!"
Its the car, if little small chin Lewis was in the McLaren he'd not of won a race in 4 seasons...and whoever was in the Merc would of been WDC.

Anne-White-Of-The-Usa.png

Oh yeah, he's a real rule breaker...
He would be so kicked out of the Wimbledon. :geek:
But seriously, feel like F1 has more strict dress code than tennis, don't you ?

edit:
This one is even better:
55d2414a1d00006e00144ff0.jpeg

You are just proving the point that dressing in a special, provocative way will always draw attention and create negative critics, even 20 or 30 years after. People complained about those outfits, not because the athlete wearing them was black or white ^^. Same for Hamilton, and he does not look half as good as Venus in that lovely dress.

Last edited:
No i watch it for the technology so can see very clearly the advantage Merc have so it is rather annoying to see children get all excited about "Dat Lewis Amilton is well fastest in it, hes da bestest eva!!!!"
Its the car, if little small chin Lewis was in the McLaren he'd not of won a race in 4 seasons...and whoever was in the Merc would of been WDC.

It is all, of course, down to opinion. But, while the car is ultimately the enabler, some drivers are more talented than others. And one way to judge is how they do when they're not in the greatest car.

Alonso, for example, is finishing, well, rarely finishing at all, yet it's iobvious to most observers that he's driving with sublime skill and commitment. As did Lewis in the many years between 2008-2014 when he did not have the fastest car. Even in Alonso's words.

Fernando Alonso said:
In F1, every single season he has been very competitive, apart from one or two with Jenson (Button) when he had some issues. He was able to win with a dominant car, with a good car like 2010 or 2012, or with bad cars like 2009 and 2011.

"Not all the champions can say that."

So yes, the fanboys are annoying. The Verstappen fanboys particularly rile me. But it's important to try not to turn resentment of the fanboys into resentment of the driver.

And on the subject of 'whoever was in the Mercedes would have won the WDC' yes, maybe that is true. Maybe if Lewis Hamilton had been driving for McLaren the last 4 years, Nico Rosberg would have won 4 world championships instead of 1.

Last edited:
It is all, of course, down to opinion. But, while the car is ultimately the enabler, some drivers are more talented than others. And one way to judge is how they do when they're not in the greatest car.

Alonso, for example, is finishing, well, rarely finishing at all, yet it's iobvious to most observers that he's driving with sublime skill and commitment. As did Lewis in the many years between 2008-2014 when he did not have the fastest car. Even in Alonso's words.

So yes, the fanboys are annoying. The Verstappen fanboys particularly rile me. But it's important to try not to turn resentment of the fanboys into resentment of the driver.

And on the subject of 'whoever was in the Mercedes would have won the WDC' yes, maybe that is true. Maybe if Lewis Hamilton had been driving for McLaren the last 4 years, Nico Rosberg would have won 4 world championships instead of 1.

Yes Nico Rosberg 4 times WDC is scary thought, but had he been teamed with a driver like Bottas he could of been...
I would find it all far more exciting if every driver was having to push their car to the limits like Alonso. Liberty need to take heed of that IMO.
Oh and personally i found the battle of aero and chassis design far more exciting than the battle of who has the most power...
In that respect though its who ever has Newey, wins the WCC and WDC...

If we met up online and if we were pretty evenly matched at sim racing and i got you to drive a pixelated car with 20bhp less you'd find i'd win. Would you say it was fair or a good accurate representation of my skills?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.