2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While practicing for round one yesterday, I found it's possible to sink through the track mesh if you get on the gravel on the outside of the braking zone of T1 at Adelaide. It's not a huge issue because you shouldn't be there in the first place, but I wanted to make everyone aware of it.

2016_01_22_00001.jpg

2016_01_22_00002.jpg

While practicing for round one yesterday, I found it's possible to sink through the track mesh if you get on the gravel on the outside of the braking zone of T1 at Adelaide. It's not a huge issue because you shouldn't be there in the first place, but I wanted to make everyone aware of it.
Noticed this too, thanks for reporting it [so I didn't have to!]!

Speaking of Adelaide though, what are the track limit regulations going to be imposed here? There are many exit kerbs that are essentially in the middle of the track, are we to keep right of those kerbs or are we allowed to abuse them?

I'm asking now, so people are allowed to practice in the correct way and not develop any [potentially] bad habits.

@Yves Larose Jake makes a good point. I suspect it'll be stay to the right of the kerbing with 2 wheels. When the kerb stops exiting T6 and 7 in real V8s they stay with wheels to the right of the kerb in 6 and then run out over them in 7 as the line is then against the wall to set up for T8. I'd suggest saying that the walls there are the track limits and just being strict with the T1/2 chicane as you can't gain much by going over the kerbing entirely in 6 and 7 due to it unsettling the car if you do.

Either way make sure you say it's ok to move left to the wall after the kerbing exiting T7 at minimum otherwise you'll have too many incidents going in to T8 as is the real world ruling on such matters.

A question.
The divisions are made. Pilots who are in second division, can we ascend to the first division? The reserves, how climb to second division?
If for example, I stay in the race in last position in second division. Do I lose my place? Remain in reserve?

A question.
The divisions are made. Pilots who are in second division, can we ascend to the first division? The reserves, how climb to second division?
If for example, I stay in the race in last position in second division. Do I lose my place? Remain in reserve?
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you show up and race at all you can't fall out of div 2. Div 1 and div 2 line is always one that's fluid so yes, you can absolutely go up in division or go down, not sure exactly how it's handled this season in terms of points (haven't yet really dived into the small details) but part of the trick of racing here is to get to div 1 and stay there, just race as well as you can and good driving will always be rewarded in the end :)

A question.

Drivers only really move from division to division due to people either dropping out or signing out as absent from a round.

So for example you could win every race in the division two but if every driver turns up for every race in division one and they all get a finish you will not be moved to division one.

If five drivers dropped out of division one due to leaving the series or are absent from a round the next five drivers in division two (based on championship positions) will be moved up. You will swap places or replace them. To move from one Division to another you need drivers to be either leaving the league or absent from a round.

If that's correct I'm sorry to give the wrong information, I'm still kinda going off the S9 stuff, tbh I prefer if you have the ability to go up or down a server without having people drop out as that gives a bigger incentive to div 2 guys but that's too late for such opinions. Either way, just do your best and get yourself first in line for the promotion if you can :)

If that's correct I'm sorry to give the wrong information, I'm still kinda going off the S9 stuff, tbh I prefer if you have the ability to go up or down a server without having people drop out as that gives a bigger incentive to div 2 guys but that's too late for such opinions. Either way, just do your best and get yourself first in line for the promotion if you can :)

Yes that's it really, the incentive is to keep trying and most importantly finish, then if people drop out, get banned or leave you'll get moved up :)

@Yves Larose
Is there minimum lap requirement to receive points ?.
Some people have tendency to stop racing when something goes wrong knowing that they get good points even when they dont finish the race.
I think we should award those who finish the race and "punish" those who dont.

Not sure about the points system.. lets hope it pans out correctly.

Could it be designed [as per real V8 supercars] to have separate sprint and semi enduro championships?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes