2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand it's slightly more work, but I really like the idea of a teams championship, and I'm sure others do too.

It gives another dynamic to the racing [and narrative for the stream team etc] and gives people two objectives within a race, rather than to win as an individual it promotes team work and team cohesion.

it doesn,t involve more work as the app we use for the standing automatically compile the results for each team so the team standing is there to be seen in the results we just don,t focus on it.

@Yves Larose I think as the rules have to be adhered to (same as with the cutting issues the last few days). I think, although I could be misinterpreting it, that section 4 of the RD rules states that with any series that has team sign ups must also have a teams championship. The only case where there would not be a teams championship would be in the case of single driver sign ups only.

as i said before the app compile the team championship in the results we just don,t focus on it.

Now that's all cleared up, what should we all start kicking off over next? Haha

I must admit, I do feel sorry for Yves and the Flack he is getting! Not sure why people complain about rules that have been around for years :whistling:

One small....tiny.....minuscule question though.........

I assume the yellow line rule now also applies to T1/2? As the previous images have been revoked and RD standard rules applied.

I must admit, I do feel sorry for Yves and the Flack he is getting! Not sure why people complain about rules that have been around for years :whistling:

One small....tiny.....minuscule question though.........

I assume the yellow line rule now also applies to T1/2? As the previous images have been revoked and RD standard rules applied.

you assumed right, the only exception is the back straight after the exit kurb of T7

Just briefly chiming in to say that we should all cut Yves some slack :) the guy is super committed and working his butt off. Some mistakes can happen along the way, but everything is being worked on. :)

You guys looking forward to race? I'm looking forward to bring the COMMENTARY SHENANIGANS INTO RD! ABOUT TIME THE SHENANIGANS RISE UP TO THE OCCASION.

And I won't cut @Yves Larose slack until he finishes my Raptor Engineering special Boss Man car livery. He owes me one. I guess. I hope.

This looks great. I really hope that one day RaceDepartment decides to allow/cater for casual/noob members using low aids to try one of these championships. The cars are way to hard for me as a casual racer to drive any where close to the top guys. Good luck to all the competitors and have a good season.
I envy you.:thumbsup: I long for the day us casual noobs can run in a series like this.

Last edited:
This looks great. I really hope that one day RaceDepartment decides to allow/cater for casual/noob members using low aids to try one of these championships. The cars are way to hard for me as a casual racer to drive any where close to the top guys. Good luck to all the competitors and have a good season.
I envy you.:thumbsup: I long for the day us casual noobs can run in a series like this.
The thing is, with ABS and TC allowed, even at low, they completely change how the SuperV8 can and have to be driven, and set up, to go fast. They take away a lot of the character of the car and make it a lot like your average touring car.

If I'm not mistaken S9 allowed ABS with the Marcas touring cars. It wasn't a long a go but my memory for such things is awful :D

Got a bit of a request for assistance because I had a bone head moment, I removed myself stupidly from the newsletter and as I selected not to receive future updates I can't be added back in.

Is there any chance at all someone would be kind enough to start a new conversation with me and cut and paste any of the announcements? I'm watching all the threads but am concerned I might miss some vital information.

Thanks in advance.

Shawn

Edit: just to add Yves has been great about keeping me up to date, but I feel he already has far too much on his plate to have to deal with my screw up :)

Got a bit of a request for assistance because I had a bone head moment, I removed myself stupidly from the newsletter and as I selected not to receive future updates I can't be added back in.

Is there any chance at all someone would be kind enough to start a new conversation with me and cut and paste any of the announcements? I'm watching all the threads but am concerned I might miss some vital information.

Thanks in advance.

Shawn

Shawn i'll make sure you have the same information as everybody ;)

Is anyone using a thrustmaster T500? Wheel has had a pretty good feel since Calder but for some reason last night I lost all settings. Spent about 2 hours last night changing and testing but it feels like I'm captain of the Titanic. Can anyone help please

Is anyone using a thrustmaster T500? Wheel has had a pretty good feel since Calder but for some reason last night I lost all settings. Spent about 2 hours last night changing and testing but it feels like I'm captain of the Titanic. Can anyone help please
What setting to be specific? In-game settings? Profiler settings?

Anyway, sounds like it's just an issue with steering ratio; the ratio between steering lock and steering rotation. Unless my brain isn't totally glitching, lower ratio means faster steering. Ie. you need to turn the wheel less to turn the front tyres more.

What setting to be specific? In-game settings? Profiler settings?

Anyway, sounds like it's just an issue with steering ratio; the ratio between steering lock and steering rotation. Unless my brain isn't totally glitching, lower ratio means faster steering. Ie. you need to turn the wheel less to turn the front tyres more.

It's an in game setting and that's sounds correct for it being a ration issue. Still new to PC gaming so it's taking time for me to learn all these settings. I will try turning the ratio to a lower setting.

Thanks for the help, appreciated

It's an in game setting and that's sounds correct for it being a ration issue. Still new to PC gaming so it's taking time for me to learn all these settings. I will try turning the ratio to a lower setting.

Thanks for the help, appreciated
Okay, to elaborate/explain a bit. Under 'Controls' menu there is 'Enable custom steering range which I would suggest to set as 'No'. You can ignore the 'Steering wheel range' setting below in that case. If you set the first to 'Yes' then that setting lets you define how much range you let the game see/use. But you have to check that your T500 profiler settings have the same or higher steering range setting than you want to set/use.

Then to control the ratio you have to adjust the car setup in 'Garage'. There you have two settings to adjust:
- 'Steering lock' (how many degrees the front tyres turn)
- 'Steering rotation' (how many degrees your steering wheel turns.

Steering ratio is what you get when you divide 'Steering rotation' by 'Steering lock'.

I'm a bit unsure if the 'Steering rotation' setting does anything if you have 'Enable custom steering range' set to 'Yes'. Someone else here probably knows the answer.

Last edited:
Okay, to elaborate/explain a bit. Under 'Controls' menu there is 'Enable custom steering range which I would suggest to set as 'Yes'. You can ignore the 'Steering wheel range' setting below in that case. If you set the first to 'No' then that setting lets you define how much range you let the game see/use. But you have to check that your T500 profiler settings have the same or higher steering range setting than you want to set/use.

Then to control the ratio you have to adjust the car setup in 'Garage'. There you have two settings to adjust:
- 'Steering lock' (how many degrees the front tyres turn)
- 'Steering rotation' (how many degrees your steering wheel turns.

Steering ratio is what you get when you divide 'Steering rotation' by 'Steering lock'.

I'm a bit unsure if the 'Steering rotation' setting does anything if you have custom steering set to 'No'. Someone else here probably knows the answer.

Thanks for your help, problem resolved. Mainly down to the ration.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play