2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to get into the download but received the following message. Is it not open yet?

upload_2015-12-14_12-16-51.png

And not getting hit off by an idiot. of which last season proved there are plenty among us :)
Race is fine but I do hope incidents are looked at so say the last person to get into 26 would squeeze through in an unfair manner. Otherwise, it's fine...

What about like last prequaly, a 2 hours open server , and in this interval everyone must do their best to post quick lap times (but not only one superlap, as many as u like) and at the end the times on server decided the division 1 , 2 and reserve.
That way u can get a second changes if u got traffic on some good laps or mistakes or hits etc.
about the pre-qualy system, we went this way for some reasons and everybody involve in organising the league agreed to it so we are sticking with it. You all read the infos before signing up for the league meaning that you agreed to what have been posted.

I love quoting. :p

As we saw in Season 9, fast racers doesn't need to be good racers.
This, I understand your logic behind, the best 'RACERS' will get a good result in preq and be there for the races regardless of how 'fast' they are.

But face the reality, the poor drivers are the ones that generally wreck the good and deserved drivers. When you put them in one race, people are going to lose out UNFAIRLY, not because THEY made a mistake, or couldn't get a lap down due to bad luck/traffic or whatever, people are going to end up getting wrecked out of a good result and be out of the division one based on an unfair system specifically.

A traditional preQ system just works, it's down to the driver to put in his lap and if he screws it up, that's not bad luck or an unfair system, that's just tough.

Heat racing is for rallycross, where small grids are needed to make sure that the track isn't crowded and make sure that the spectators get their moneys worth, instead of watching a semifinal and then a race and go home, which in RX takes a total of about 40minutes We're not talking, making the most of a 40second rally cross lap with maximum of 15 cars entering for an event we're talking some 40+ cars being separated at random?

It should be a qualifying shootout, as I've said, there's a reason why it is how it is. And the reason it's not a race is so that deserved qualifyers don't get punted out by someone who probably wasn't going to run the entire series ANYWAY.

Why should the dedicated simracers amongst us be put at risk like that?

In case anyone else would like a little lap time on the Calder Park qually circuit I have set up a server and am on there now for a little while. I'll be on tonight probably as well. Server is called "Drive the Train RDTCC S10" (I did not want it to look like an official RD server so hence starting with my/our team name. I can't promise this is the exact version that will be used in the league as the links have not been officially announced. Still we can have some fun anyway :D

I am on TS as well and I believe server is set up with same damage and helper settings (or at least I have tried to match them).

Cheers Jim

Because...

:roflmao:
You're quite bad at at playing devils advocate. Either add to the discussion, or don't.

Even if they don't want to change it, at least they can know what they are able to change for next season. Facts are, people will get rekt and cry about it, it might be me, it could be you it could even be SOMEONE ELSE, but it WILL happen.

And I said already, that it would happen. That's all I can do.

I'm thinking of signing up for the series, but when I go to look at the custom skins or the download files I get "you do not have permission", do I have to do anything else besides being premium .

thanks John

I'm thinking of signing up for the series, but when I go to look at the custom skins or the download files I get "you do not have permission", do I have to do anything else besides being premium .

thanks John
Just like Yves said above, it hasn't been posted yet.

thanks John

Those threads are not yet posted thats why you get that message and no you don't have to do anything else other then being premium to sign for the league.

hmmm after hearing you all...and thinking a bit about preQ .....i have to the conclusion that , i am completely confused :cautious: ...

i meant i was confused weather ...a super pole session , an 2 hour hot lap session or a race would be a good solution for pre Q :p .... anyway it dosent matter now it looks like we are sticking with the original format ....

I have to say I'm interested in signing up for this, but the pre-q is a worry. As my 1 lap pace is poor but race pace good. But if I start the pre-q race back of the pack, get in accidents and end up missing Div 1 I'd have paid out premium membership just to get beaten up in a pre-q. I assume there's a contingency plan for indecent-adjusted results??

So if someone doesn't get wrecked by luck, but gets stuck behind a way slower driver who he can't overtake while being overly cautious as well, he'll end up down the list...

The PreQ RACE format can not represent pace and consistency over a given number of laps, as there are too many variables in the form of other drivers.

Not sure how SCE does the dedicated logging, but I wrote a script that analyzes Race07 logs and uploads them in a DB for hotlapping purposes. It wouldn't need black magic to make it check for consecutive laps as well, and then it could be:

- A server set to unlimited time of private practice/qualifying
- The given server automatically uploading the logs and replays to an FTP
- The script processing the logs and uploading average times only when the consecutively completed (and measured, no cuts or return to pits) lap number reaches a given count
- Put it out on a webpage

This would make it similar to iRacing time trials, where you have to run a race distance of consecutive clean laps and your average laptime counts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 63 88.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 22 31.0%