2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if someone doesn't get wrecked by luck, but gets stuck behind a way slower driver who he can't overtake while being overly cautious as well, he'll end up down the list.

The PreQ RACE format can not represent pace and consistency over a given number of laps, as there are too many variables in the form of other drivers.

Not sure how SCE does the dedicated logging, but I wrote a script that analyzes Race07 logs and uploads them in a DB for hotlapping purposes. It wouldn't need black magic to make it check for consecutive laps as well, and then it could be:

- A server set to unlimited time of private practice/qualifying
- The given server automatically uploading the logs and replays to an FTP
- The script processing the logs and uploading average times only when the consecutively completed (and measured, no cuts or return to pits) lap number reaches a given count
- Put it out on a webpage

This would make it similar to iRacing time trials, where you have to run a race distance of consecutive clean laps and your average laptime counts.
I still think a standard Pre Q, of 30mins of infinite laps is the best option, but agree with everything you said.

Is sign-up still open? What's the deadline?
Is there a guideline for how fast/competent I need to be to sign up? I hope to get more practice before sign-up closes to decide if I'm ready.
I've been practicing quite a lot recently with the touring cars to join the league, and then I find out the next season is SuperV8's :O_o:

Is sign-up still open? What's the deadline?
Is there a guideline for how fast/competent I need to be to sign up? I hope to get more practice before sign-up closes to decide if I'm ready.
I've been practicing quite a lot recently with the touring cars to join the league, and then I find out the next season is SuperV8's :O_o:
Sure they are open for a while still here :p Deadline January 16th like it says. And well that's your personal biz how fast you are, and since the pre-qualifying is going to be in race format I think that'll give some sort of an image :p

And ohh, that sucks...but this thread's been up for a while. Better start practicing, since the V8s are a lot tougher :)

Sure they are open for a while still here :p Deadline January 16th like it says. And well that's your personal biz how fast you are, and since the pre-qualifying is going to be in race format I think that'll give some sort of an image :p

And ohh, that sucks...but this thread's been up for a while. Better start practicing, since the V8s are a lot tougher :)
:thumbsup: Great! There is still time. I'll try beat 100% AI first :O_o: I'm really not good at SuperV8's.

:thumbsup: Great! There is still time. I'll try beat 100% AI first :O_o: I'm really not good at SuperV8's.
Also remember to switch all aids off except auto clutch or auto shifting if you use either.
All aids save for those two are banned :p

Also remember to switch all aids off except auto clutch or auto shifting if you use either.
All aids save for those two are banned :p
The only thing I use is low ABS (because club race allows it and I find turning off ABS affects my driving in real life). I'll remember to turn that off. Thanks!

The only thing I use is low ABS (because club race allows it and I find turning off ABS affects my driving in real life). I'll remember to turn that off. Thanks!
I always use abs low too, and especially in this car, it would actually help tons but whenever it's disallowed I'll have to drive without it ^^

It is recommended that you wait a week or 2 before submitting your liveries as we are still waiting on something that might require you to make some modifications to them. When the time comes we will give you all the instructions on how to proceed for the Windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope to be a part of this... just working out my Saturdays. I guess the calendar schedules are correct ... as I notice a jump from Feb to May which puts a potential damper on for my participation, but working on it.

While I'm here, are the rules set in concrete when it comes to aids assist. I get it with Auto clutch, but Auto Gears. Just curious behind the approach , surely if Auto Gears are avail and each driver has their choice of using or not, why not allow drivers to choose between , any or all of the top 4. Where I'm coming from is to allow continuous participation with minimal frustration. Each driver will find their best position on track and battle with a huge degree more fun.

This league is great especially with GSE, would hope one day we see it travel through an entire season... would have loved to see eastern creek in the mix... next time maybe.
Driver Assists
Automatic Clutch: Yes
Automatic Gears: Yes
Traction Control: No
Anti-Lock Braking: No
  • Stability Control: No
  • Spin Recovery: No
  • Steering Assist: No
  • Braking Assist: No
  • Auto Pitstop: No
  • Car Damage: 100%

Hope to be a part of this... just working out my Saturdays. I guess the calendar schedules are correct ... as I notice a jump from Feb to May which puts a potential damper on for my participation, but working on it.

While I'm here, are the rules set in concrete when it comes to aids assist. I get it with Auto clutch, but Auto Gears. Just curious behind the approach , surely if Auto Gears are avail and each driver has their choice of using or not, why not allow drivers to choose between , any or all of the top 4. Where I'm coming from is to allow continuous participation with minimal frustration. Each driver will find their best position on track and battle with a huge degree more fun.

This league is great especially with GSE, would hope one day we see it travel through an entire season... would have loved to see eastern creek in the mix... next time maybe.
Driver Assists
Automatic Clutch: Yes
Automatic Gears: Yes
Traction Control: No
Anti-Lock Braking: No
  • Stability Control: No
  • Spin Recovery: No
  • Steering Assist: No
  • Braking Assist: No
  • Auto Pitstop: No
  • Car Damage: 100%
I didn't get your point regarding the aids.

Also, there's no jump to May, it reads Mar for March.

Hi Tume, my bad, had my glasses on but read it from a distance yes March sorry. thats better, woohoo .. need to double check a few things hopefully I can join. Thanks.

Regarding the aids, doesn't affect me either way, I'm just saying, it's been elected to have two aids assist available , Gears and Clutch, I've never heard of auto gear assist as an option to be used, even if you're more of a driver than racer. Forgive me if I'm behind the times, curious to know how many of us use auto gears.
Now if it's been elected to help participants to drive their cars, what difference is it ...if Low TC and Low ABS is also allowed. They would be better suited for ironing out their driving.
I am guessing Auto gears could also be used by those that don't have a shifter or paddles or use a keyboard, Auto gears I would think is a disadvantage, Auto clutch is not, Low TC and ABS could go either way.

Auto clutch, Low TC and Low ABS, is commonly allowed across many servers ... in particular V8 supercars. I believe you'll find racing becomes alot more fun and closer for all, and it's a choice each to their own. i also believe those 3 aids used by those drivers not so familiar in handling the v8 could save many throttle and brake inaccuracies that could also unintentionally bump other drivers off the track ect.

Long winded ha sorry.. just my 2 cents.

Hi Tume, my bad, had my glasses on but read it from a distance yes March sorry. thats better, woohoo .. need to double check a few things hopefully I can join. Thanks.

Regarding the aids, doesn't affect me either way, I'm just saying, it's been elected to have two aids assist available , Gears and Clutch, I've never heard of auto gear assist as an option to be used, even if you're more of a driver than racer. Forgive me if I'm behind the times, curious to know how many of us use auto gears.
Now if it's been elected to help participants to drive their cars, what difference is it ...if Low TC and Low ABS is also allowed. They would be better suited for ironing out their driving.
I am guessing Auto gears could also be used by those that don't have a shifter or paddles or use a keyboard, Auto gears I would think is a disadvantage, Auto clutch is not, Low TC and ABS could go either way.

Auto clutch, Low TC and Low ABS, is commonly allowed across many servers ... in particular V8 supercars. I believe you'll find racing becomes alot more fun and closer for all, and it's a choice each to their own. i also believe those 3 aids used by those drivers not so familiar in handling the v8 could save many throttle and brake inaccuracies that could also unintentionally bump other drivers off the track ect.

Long winded ha sorry.. just my 2 cents.
Ahh, I got ya now. Yeah, don't know any pro simracers using auto shift... :D feel like that's being super lazy, and it doesn't really help except on the straights, on corners a gear could go down by another during braking, ultimately harming your cornering.

But well, it's allowed, but not mandatory. I feel like people in the lower division would use it, but none in top 26.

It's enabled for drivers with disabilities. We had a member in our local league whose legs didn't function at all, and was handling the wheel with the left hand and pedals with the right (put on a chair). He now managed to build a rally car from a BMW that matches his constraints and is racing IRL. ;)

It's enabled for drivers with disabilities. We had a member in our local league whose legs didn't function at all, and was handling the wheel with the left hand and pedals with the right (put on a chair). He now managed to build a rally car from a BMW that matches his constraints and is racing IRL. ;)
Oh, wow. :o Yeah I thought disability could be a reason.

Auto gears doesnt give you an advantage but tcs and abs could. Personally i use auto clutch unless im using h shifter then im all off. If abs is available i sometimes use it depending on the car.

Auto gears doesnt give you an advantage but tcs and abs could. Personally i use auto clutch unless im using h shifter then im all off. If abs is available i sometimes use it depending on the car.
I always use auto clutch and abs low (which would significantly help with V8s :D ). But each time something's disallowed, it's the same for everyone and just gotta cope without them.

Brainstorming some ideas for "proper" event names.

Pre-Qualifying: Time Trials at the Thunderdome
Round 1: Adelaide 125
Round 2: Perth Virtual Super Sprint
Round 3: Sandown 155
Round 4: Auckland Virtual Super Sprint
Round 5: Bathurst 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.8%