2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to say it before it's too late... PLEEEEASE don't put 100 huge RD logos on the template again. Real leagues don't do that either and people will figure out it's a RD league when they watch it on RD youtube. Just on these stripes on the window would be enough, wouldn't it? ;)

Kudos for trying something different with the PreQ race idea, but I really don't think it's a good idea, as mentioned by Oscar and others. Why not just have a PreQ session stretching from Friday at midnight to Sunday at midnight? Allows hopefully everyone to manage to set a time and that's that. Set a limit of 1 lap per driver during that period if that's considered necessary. This is a million times better than having a PreQ race IMO.

With Pre-Qualifying it's referred to as a race. I am guessing it's not an actual race and you do mean fastest single lap stuff @Yves Larose ?

Seems like it's actually a race. This wont work at all. Logistically too many people will want to do it and you'll end up having easier races to compete in when you divide everyone up. Also I get spun by spacky mcgee in my race and get put to the back of the reserves because someone else can't drive? This absolutely needs to be some sort of hot lap event. Otherwise it will not logistically or fairly work for all of the sign ups.

one question Oscar, can you be hit in an hotlap pre-qual ? to me you have the same chance to be hit or held up in an hotlap pre-qual then in a race pre-qual. the advantage of a pre-qual race is that drivers that can keep the car on the black stuff will be on division 1, an hotlap pre-qual only show how fast you can be over one lap and its not an indication of your race craft, i once did a league and in one particular race a driver couldn,t even do 2 laps without either crashing, spinning or have a massive moment which in the end cost me my race and that because an hotlap pre-qual system was used so my experience tells me that an hotlap pre-qual system doesn,t work so why not try something different.

one question Oscar, can you be hit in an hotlap pre-qual ?

Yes but it is a whole lot less likely. It's a poor Pre-Q idea. What happens if you need two grids for Pre-Q? How do you decide that. Why not have multiple laps of hot lap Pre-Q? What if you time out of the race. Much larger chance of that happening over 29 laps as opposed to 1 or 2. The system you have whilst new is broken. It's riddled with problems easily fixed by a more conventional pre qualifying system. That more conventional system is the one you should have as it is a safer, fairer bet for everyone taking part. What if someone buys premium only to be hit off in Pre-Q then told they can't race?

The list of problems is almost endless. The race system you have is completely non-functional for the task you need it to complete. If you ask the signed up people what they think I could almost guarantee the same response as you are seeing here.

@Oscar Hardwick

where do you think the idea came from to run a pre-qual race ? it comes from the real V8 Supercar series, at the Sandown enduro they first run a quick qualy session which determine the grid for the first qualy race which is for the co-drivers only, the result of the race then is the grid for the second pre-qual race which only the main drivers are driving, the result of the second race is then what determine the starting grid for the real race and does it work ? hell yes the best show you can ever have :)

Yeah but in a series with professional drivers I'd trust I wouldn't be at a large risk from being pushed off and in that scenario everyone gets to drive. In yours several people who should be on the grid will get screwed. I do not trust a sim racing grid. Everyone can try their best and we still aren't professionals and not everyone will try their best.

It will absolutely fail to set the field in a fair way. There is certainty in that. Use a hot lap system. It's common and proven in sim racing for a reason, it works.

you say that a hot lap system is fair ? is it ? it certainly not fair to me as i suck at super-pole and i'm sure i'm not the only one in the same boat so the only way to do it and be fair to everybody with a hot lap pre-qual is to run let say for 2 hours 1 server and everybody have to log on the server at the beginning of the session and stay on the server for the entire 2 hours otherwise the result file won't include them and then we as staff would have to review 2 hours of replays for each drivers so not really doable since we only have 1 week between the pre-qual and rouns 1. The other way i can see to do the pre-qual is that everybody do it offline and send the replay of their fastest lap so we can review it.

@Yves Larose Say you set up an open server for 2, 4 whatever hours with a liveracers app alongside or some kind of fast lap tracker. Thats doable right? Get each driver to send in a .vcr of their hotlap. Zipped up or something like that. I will personally go through ALL of those laps to take away that review element. I have the time and the drive to do it as I am sure would others. But even if no one else did I would happily watch them all myself and you could just watch mine (to keep it fair). That would be a much better system than the race one you suggest and I would be absolutely willing to do/ help/ make the reviewing of laps easier on the admin team.

Speaking of reviewing those laps for cutting. Still an easier job than checking every lap of the race for every driver for the same thing.

i don't think cutting will be an issue at Calder park since there is tires stack at almost all the corners to prevent cutting the only place where cutting can be done is at the fast chicane even then i'm not sure cutting there will end well for the ones that do it.

Liveacers is not a free apps and i don't think i would get the funding approve to get it so that option is not doable.

Speaking of reviewing those laps for cutting. Still an easier job than checking every lap of the race for every driver for the same thing.

actually that would take less then 30 minutes to one person to check for the cutting as like i said previously the only place you can cut at Calder is the fast chicane so i just have to do a TV camera for that corner to check for the cutting and with the fast foward it cuts review times by almost half ;)

Well if cutting isn't that big an issue lets just view that chicane on peoples hot lap vcr files.

Either way it's only me singing from the rafters. You should see what everyone else thinks.

Oscar i've decided to go with that system cause in season 9 not everybody agreed with the hot lap system, i know that the perfect system doesn,t exist but i think that the system that will be use is a good compromise between speed and race craft. i mean what good comes from being fast over one lap if you can,t finish the race cause you spin and hit the wall every 2 laps and thats what the pre-qual race will be all about, staying on the black stuff and avoid troubles and i might even change the starting grid positions and give more distantce between them to avoid T1 incidents.

everybody have to understand that its not a race against others its a race against yourself to acheive the best race time as possible.

I wouldn't mind a pre-qualifying race. The pressure was intense in S9, trying to get the lap done (obviously I did the 3rd fastest time even though I thought I was going slow), but still, if there were blue flags or an accidental cut that'd ruin the whole thing ^^

Race is fine but I do hope incidents are looked at so say the last person to get into 26 would squeeze through in an unfair manner. Otherwise, it's fine...

How will it be decided who gets in each grid for PQ?
Also, there is a qual for the grid of PQ, talking about no hotlaps, don't you have to hotlap there? What if you screw up there, race pretty much gone + division one.

Lastly, will the points structure be so that changes between divisions are possible or the same crap as last season?

With the pre quali if you want less pressure on that 1 lap that we had last season, just open it up, have like a 2 or 3 hour session where you get unlimited laps.... then idk say the drivers themselves submit their fastest LEGAL laps. Boom, done. Easy.

The race will cause WAAAAAAAAAAAY more problems that it is worth and will just make some people really really angry at other people blah blah blah. After the season we have just had, what is the point in putting so much pressure an 1 single race. You will just see some seriously stupid stuff. It's an awful idea and I do hope this is drastically thought about. This is the kinda stuff that when people talk to mean about RDTCC, they laugh about this crap, because its just a joke XD

How will it be decided who gets in each grid for PQ?
Also, there is a qual for the grid of PQ, talking about no hotlaps, don't you have to hotlap there? What if you screw up there, race pretty much gone + division one.

Lastly, will the points structure be so that changes between divisions are possible or the same crap as last season?

the grid for each server will be randomly done for PQ, the qualy for the PQ is not a superpole qualy so no hot lapping there either. We haven't decided the way to go yet if we have to run 2 divisions it will depend on how many sign up we will have for the league.

about the pre-qualy system, we went this way for some reasons and everybody involve in organising the league agreed to it so we are sticking with it. You all read the infos before signing up for the league meaning that you agreed to what have been posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes