2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we read it and still signed up, I still want to drive the V8's and stuff, but I guess there is a lot of people hoping that voicing it might show that system is horrifically flawed and people actually think about what they are running. I mean if you want to run a series that is publicly classified across the sim racing community as a big old joke thats fine :p I am still happy to drive. Just trying to actually help the league be taken even remotely seriously.

@Lewis McGlade

well thats your opinion but it doesn't mean that your right tho, for me a hot lap pre-qual is horrifically flawed as it doesn't show any race craft and the ability to maintain the car on the black stuff for at least 30 minutes. You see the pre-qual race as a race where you have to win while its not about winning or even racing its about consistancy.

Personally I rather a PreQ race than a single hot lap PreQ, by a long way.
Not a single system is 100% fair.
To me the one more close to that would be the one when you have to score something like 10 consecutive laps or so to have your average speed on the board. This is software controlled, so is not very difficult to do.
Unfortunately we dont have that here.

Now I found quite strange some questions on the table. If any of us really believe that someone on this community can take another driver out on purpose during a PreQ procedure for competition reasons, we shoudnt even sign at all on the first place.

You'd think it would be easier to go down the middle of a full race and one lap system. A middle ground does in fact exist and its fairer.

Add the random grid draws for multiple preQ races and it's all gone maximum silly. Oh well, I guess sit through the nonsense because the season itself looks pretty great.

@Lewis McGlade

well thats your opinion but it doesn't mean that your right tho, for me a hot lap pre-qual is horrifically flawed as it doesn't show any race craft and the ability to maintain the car on the black stuff for at least 30 minutes. You see the pre-qual race as a race where you have to win while its not about winning or even racing its about consistancy.

Yes BUT with a pre qualifying that is actually a session about doing a lap, its all in your own hands, not worrying about 14 other people that could hit you round at any moment, it's frankly just a dumb idea. You can get knocked out of having any hope of winning (or just doing as well as you should) in a championship due to the incompetence of others, vs only failing to get where you feel you should be due to your own short comings. It's a painfully obvious choice.

Now I found quite strange some questions on the table. If any of us really believe that someone on this community can take another driver out on purpose during a PreQ procedure for competition reasons, we shoudnt even sign at all on the first place.

No I don't think anyone will actually do it, I was just making a point. A "What if" point. Completely hypothetical ;) There is however the chance that 2 people will be battling hard and 1 gets spun, then they will go cry about it for the next 15 weeks blah blah blah.

I personally think the idea is pretty cool in theory, get the 26 best racers rather then the 26 best hotlappers to RACE in the top division. There are some drawbacks to it, sure, but there are drawbacks to everything. This is a fairly unique concept, and if people are smart about it, then it could work quite well.

For one, I'm actually looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out. Potentially if there is the resources split down to 10 per server or so? Just to keep the potential for incidents to a minimum.

@Lewis McGlade

I was thinking about the same thing, sure anyone can be fast on a single lap but getting through the pre-qualifying requires some consistency. :)

Well, it doesn't hurt to at least give things a chance.

Why can't prequalifying be normal? It was a silly system the last season, with only 1 lap to do, but this is, potentially even worse...

Prequalifying has always been a timed qualifying shootout. There's a reason for that.

Normal? The times there has been pre-qual i RDTCC, it have been superpole format. Before that, the entries was chosen based on driving conduct in the club, participation in earlier RD-leagues and commitment. That have been the norm at RD really, to pick drivers based on earlier history. That way it was a bigger guarantee that the drivers would race the whole season.

I know a certain other (now dead?) league used to have a weekend pre-qual, but all that gives is that the ones who have much time that weekend, and are seriously fast, will do well. As we saw in Season 9, fast racers doesn't need to be good racers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Yves said, people who sign up, agrees to drive under the rules that are outlined. If some for what ever reason does not agree, then don't sign up.

What about like last prequaly, a 2 hours open server , and in this interval everyone must do their best to post quick lap times (but not only one superlap, as many as u like) and at the end the times on server decided the division 1 , 2 and reserve.
That way u can get a second changes if u got traffic on some good laps or mistakes or hits etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 34.0%