2016 Mod WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version is 0.7
Se WIP evolution below
Please come back to me with your suggestions and don't forget to be indulgent, this was and still is a long lone work.
Thanks to bwoah for his help on finding drivers and staff around the world.
Thank you all for your patience.
The final release will come in few days although a intermediate version could come before.

Link : see other thread for 1.0 versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/egm2lbsolclo36o/MM+2016+Mod.zip
To use this beta mod, remember to first backup your file "resources.assets" in your MM Data folder. Then uncompress your download in that same folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be included in 1.0:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 197 real drivers. Not a single fake driver in the game!
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and organizations in all messages, tweets, press, conversation, or any other screen.
Real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment colors.
Real Bernie Ecclestone :laugh:

WIP: (updated 06/12)
- Real Team liveries with custom textures (22% done)
- Sponsor logos on liveries (100% done)
- Logos on hats (100% done)
- Suppliers logos (done)
- 20 more free drivers (100% done)

- Few other tweaks

3q2pW3S.png

OgBd2iw.png

EpXETp9.png

Screenshots below are old ones from earlier in dev

wsix23s.png

HCTzirp.png

8PcifYz.png

Last edited:
Beautiful work, Enzoli! Looking forward to the release. I was wondering if something could be done about the number of generated females - it is too high and unreal for the Formula series as you have all noticed. 50-60% of the drivers, designers and engineers are women as in reality this percentage is between 5-10%. I'm not sexist, I know it is a delicate topic in recent times and I'm aware of the fact that more and more women are getting involved in this sport.

Thanks again for the great modding!

Will you also increase the practice and qualy times with this mod? Looks awesome btw, when will you be planning on releasing it?
Thanks for your comment. I don't have a release date although I'm putting as much as I can in it so that we all can play with it ASAP.
Beautiful work, Enzoli! Looking forward to the release. I was wondering if something could be done about the number of generated females - it is too high and unreal for the Formula series as you have all noticed. 50-60% of the drivers, designers and engineers are women as in reality this percentage is between 5-10%. I'm not sexist, I know it is a delicate topic in recent times and I'm aware of the fact that more and more women are getting involved in this sport.

Thanks again for the great modding!
Thanks for the feedback. The teams I chose for the 3 tiers are the real one and include only 2 females.
Just like you it's nothing sexist, it's just the reality.
There will be enough women in the non-attached drivers and staff too so that anyone willing to set up a 100% female team can still do it.

Just finished my Red Bull livery. It actually takes a lot of time. More than I thought :D
Not too happy with the front but unfortunately the textures are put together in a very strange way that it's not possible to joint them perfectly without having ugly graphic stretched and overlapping other textures. Sad but oh well. This one will do for now :
AFCrHsA.png

Just finished my Red Bull livery. It actually takes a lot of time. More than I thought :D
Not too happy with the front but unfortunately the textures are put together in a very strange way that it's not possible to joint them perfectly without having ugly graphic stretched and overlapping other textures. Sad but oh well. This one will do for now :
AFCrHsA.png
The livery is fantastic! It's possibile see this in the race?

Looks pretty good to me! Even if it's not an exact replica livery, each team having a livery identity that closely resembles real life is nice. :D

I agree. You can't see this sort of detail in the actual race, anyway. So as long as it comes close to the real one, it should be fine. And this one definitely does come close. Good work

Not too happy with the front but unfortunately the textures are put together in a very strange way that it's not possible to joint them perfectly without having ugly graphic stretched and overlapping other textures. Sad but oh well.

Hopefully they come true with this..
"In visual terms, 3d modellers out there will be able to change the car models, as well as individual parts (front wings, tyres, etc). On the 2d side, you’ll also be able to tweak team logos, as well as championship, media and sponsor logos."
Then I should be able to make a new uv layout for each part moddeled. As well as I can model lets say a car from the 60, 70, 80, or 90's era if people are interested in suck kind of mods.

My Toro livery so far. (Still needs the lines on the side)
The textures have been coded so weirdly in this game that it's impossible to get a good result.
There's some dead zones on liveries where any gfx would be stretched and destroyed.
Also, as there's only 3 colors available, any team with details, such as the white parts on the hood bull here, have to be one of the three colors.
Tried to put it in white but it get converted automatically. Sad but oh well, still looks better than the stock livery.
uus9LGX.png

Looks great enzoli! One thing I was wondering was about how sponsors only last 12 races maximum I think, so hopefully it's possible to mod sponsor lengths to have multi-year deals. That way you won't see Ferrari sponsored by RedBull or something after the initial contracts wear down, but other major sponsors could be on other teams after a few seasons or something, like Vodafone was a big sponsor for Ferrari and McLaren a few years back or how Petronas used to be on Sauber.

Looks great enzoli! One thing I was wondering was about how sponsors only last 12 races maximum I think, so hopefully it's possible to mod sponsor lengths to have multi-year deals. That way you won't see Ferrari sponsored by RedBull or something after the initial contracts wear down, but other major sponsors could be on other teams after a few seasons or something, like Vodafone was a big sponsor for Ferrari and McLaren a few years back or how Petronas used to be on Sauber.
I was thinking about that too. It's possible to make the deal as long as you want in the file.
It would be more realistic but on the other hand, it would shorten your possibilities in term of sponsor choice then. I don't know yet which way I'll go. Would be a good debate though.

is this mod works with newest patch 1.1 ?
Yes it works with the patch 1.1.
Really really really great wurk enzoli....this looks verry good...i am looking forward to your mod..
Thanks for your feedback. I'm would really really like to release it next week tbh. Not sure it will be easy as it depends on many things, personal life being one, but it looks possible to me.

This looks absolutely incredible. Thanks so much for all your dedication.

One request, right bfore a session begins in real F1, there's that brief clip, it's like an intro to sessions, it's a bit colourful and has swooshes and all that. I can't find it but hopefully you know what I mean. In the 90s and I think early 2000s, there was a different one with mainly black and white colours with a bit of guitar as music. If there was a way to replace the WMC videos with that, it would be brilliant.

I didn't play a race yet so I don't see what you're talking about :laugh:
But if it's video it should be a .b2k file in the streamingassets folder.
And b2k are possible to edit or replace. It's just a file format.
I saw someone editing b2k on another thread.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back