2016 Mod WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version is 0.7
Se WIP evolution below
Please come back to me with your suggestions and don't forget to be indulgent, this was and still is a long lone work.
Thanks to bwoah for his help on finding drivers and staff around the world.
Thank you all for your patience.
The final release will come in few days although a intermediate version could come before.

Link : see other thread for 1.0 versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/egm2lbsolclo36o/MM+2016+Mod.zip
To use this beta mod, remember to first backup your file "resources.assets" in your MM Data folder. Then uncompress your download in that same folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be included in 1.0:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 197 real drivers. Not a single fake driver in the game!
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and organizations in all messages, tweets, press, conversation, or any other screen.
Real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment colors.
Real Bernie Ecclestone :laugh:

WIP: (updated 06/12)
- Real Team liveries with custom textures (22% done)
- Sponsor logos on liveries (100% done)
- Logos on hats (100% done)
- Suppliers logos (done)
- 20 more free drivers (100% done)

- Few other tweaks

3q2pW3S.png

OgBd2iw.png

EpXETp9.png

Screenshots below are old ones from earlier in dev

wsix23s.png

HCTzirp.png

8PcifYz.png

Last edited:
Right, having done quite abit of searching. Dieter is the chairman of Daimler who own Mercedes, but nothing on him having anything to do with the F1 team as chairman. Niki Lauda is listed as a non-executive chairman on wiki though.

Red Bull is correct
Williams is correct
Ferrari is correct
Mclaren: Jost Capito
Force India is correct
Torro Rosso is correct
Renault: Carlos Ghosn is the chairman & CEO and Jerome Stoll is the president, so not sure who to use here.
Sauber: Pascal Picci is the president and Monisha Kaltenborn is CEO and Team principle
Haas is correct
Manor is correct

Thanks for your replies.
Monisha Kaltenborn being the team principal already, It's impossible to put her as chairman too.
Carlos Ghosn is the big boss of Renault brand but Jérôme Stoll is the official Renault F1 president.
Jost Capito is the CEO but was appointed by Ron Denis who was the chairman back then so it can be Capito. Ron Denis has been demoted but I've read he actually keeps is shares and his current role in McLaren F1 Racing. There might be a new guy for 2017 but he isn't known already.
What you guys think.
Freddyf : Arrivabene is actually Team Principal. Not chairman.
Fitzpatrick is the owner of Manor. Mayer is the CEO.

I chose to use chairman and not CEO as they are above in term of decision power.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I get the problem with Sauber and Monisha Kaltenborn. Then Pascal Picci (President) would be the logic substitute?!

Renault: I followed the same logic here as with Mercedes and Zetsche/Lauda. Even though Goshn is CEO of Renault group he is not involved in day to day business with the F1 Team. So I would go for Jérôme Stoll.

McLaren: I've only just heard that Zak Brown has been named 'Executive Director' just the other day, apparently having equal rights to COO Jonathan Neale. They are still looking for a new CEO, though. So maybe stay with Capito until proven different?

You're right with Manor!

Ferrari: According to them Arrivabene is Managing Director (which as far as I know is British for CEO?!?) AND team principal. Even so, this would still bring up the same problem as with Monisha Kaltenborn. So maybe it needs to be Sergio Marchionne as Fiat Chrysler CEO

Yup. McLaren are a bit messy like that. But McLaren Tech Group is not the same as the F1 team.

Regarding Lauda, he is a non-executive person. They are there as advisors only - while I know that Helmut Marko is listed as the same for the Red Bull teams, we know that Mateschitz can override him as well.
Also, remember that in this game, the chairman/woman is the ones who gives out money, that would tie in better with the people who actually are responsible for that, and not other people.

Dug a bit into it, for the sake of my own curiosity :)
Anyone not interested in Mercedes' ownership structure, stop reading ;)

My findings are: Executive or non-executive, Lauda is the 'Chairman of the Board' of 'Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited' which trades under the name of 'MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team'.
http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/board.asp?privcapId=5853925

So I consider Niki Lauda the senior governance body of the Mercedes F1 Team.

'Daimler AG' again holds a 60 per cent capital share in 'Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited' as stated in their consolidated financial statement of the 2015 fiscal year. This is just an equity investment, though, which rules out 'Daimler AG' CEO Dieter Zetsche as being head of the racing team.

Hey guys, seeing how you are looking for accurate infos, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me gathering information from the internet.
It's quite a consuming process and I could really do with a little help. There are few things that still need to be done.
If anyone is interested, let me know. That would really make things go faster.

I still need 2 Mechanics for each team with full bio and why not physical attributes.
I'm also looking for Drivers stats and contracts. And why not abilities.
And I would like to find drivers that are not attached to any teams and are still young enough to drive in F1.
For example Barichello is done but not Chilton. For these drivers I would need full bio and physical attributes.

If you're interested in one of those, I'll give you an excel table which I use with all the infos needed.

Im at work at the minute, but i'd be willing to help out over the weekend if the kids give me 5 mins :)
Finding physical attributes might be step to far though, its not as though their rated like a game :)

Good idea. I'll post that very soon.

I tried myself at livery edit and the result is quite satisfying actually and not that hard in the end:
fx5dbYP.png

This is still Wip as I only did the bull part which was the tricky one. The rest should be finished in no time.
Colors are interchangeable for people not willing to get stuck with original colors:
8NL8pNU.png

Ha, that looks good! :thumbsup:

I'm curious: How much time did this take you?
Actually the bull part was really fast. Like 15 minutes. It showed up great in the game at first try.
But I'm spending more time than I thought on the front bull unfortunately.
The most annoying thing is to import the texture with the tool each time then reloading the game.
I disabled the intro video but yet this takes 1 or 2 minutes each time.:(
Anyway this helps me a lot understanding how the liveries are made and next ones will be faster.
I'm not sure yet I'll do them all before release of the mod but it could be released afterward as an update, as textures don't need a new game to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back