2016 Mod WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version is 0.7
Se WIP evolution below
Please come back to me with your suggestions and don't forget to be indulgent, this was and still is a long lone work.
Thanks to bwoah for his help on finding drivers and staff around the world.
Thank you all for your patience.
The final release will come in few days although a intermediate version could come before.

Link : see other thread for 1.0 versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/egm2lbsolclo36o/MM+2016+Mod.zip
To use this beta mod, remember to first backup your file "resources.assets" in your MM Data folder. Then uncompress your download in that same folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be included in 1.0:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 197 real drivers. Not a single fake driver in the game!
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and organizations in all messages, tweets, press, conversation, or any other screen.
Real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment colors.
Real Bernie Ecclestone :laugh:

WIP: (updated 06/12)
- Real Team liveries with custom textures (22% done)
- Sponsor logos on liveries (100% done)
- Logos on hats (100% done)
- Suppliers logos (done)
- 20 more free drivers (100% done)

- Few other tweaks

3q2pW3S.png

OgBd2iw.png

EpXETp9.png

Screenshots below are old ones from earlier in dev

wsix23s.png

HCTzirp.png

8PcifYz.png

Last edited:
I would love it if you could release a Beta soon. I know a lot of things that you would like to include in your mod are not finished. However it would be nice just to have the correct driver and team names for now.
Your work so far looks mightly impressive!

Guys, thank you all for your patience.
Still need few more days before release but I've been working on it for a week now and I'm getting closer to completion.
Final version will wait a bit more but seeing the interest you guys have in this, I'll publish a beta version during the week so you can come back to me with your suggestions.

Guys, thank you all for your patience.
Still need few more days before release but I've been working on it for a week now and I'm getting closer to completion.
Final version will wait a bit more but seeing the interest you guys have in this, I'll publish a beta version during the week so you can come back to me with your suggestions.

great, cant wait!

This was asked before but I don't think you answered (or I overlooked it): Are you planning to increase session length for practice/qualifying? This would be really good, it's why I currently use the Legends mod (even though that feature is broken atm).

This was asked before but I don't think you answered (or I overlooked it): Are you planning to increase session length for practice/qualifying? This would be really good, it's why I currently use the Legends mod (even though that feature is broken atm).
I can make session length as long as people want. But I have no idea what's best because I didn't play a single race yet :roflmao:. Too busy working on this mod.
Tell you what : make your suggestions about the best length for each and I'll set up a poll so that people can all have their say.
It's possible to increase or decrease Tyre Wear in the same file too so if you guys want, that can be discussed too. ;)

Thanks for your reply. Tyre wear can be the same. The Legends mod worked with the following sessions: Practice: 30/40/60, Qualification 25/40/60 (short, average, long sessions). I really liked that setting because it makes it possible to do a proper qualification where not everyone and his mother is out on the tracks.

And it shouldn't bother people who would prefer shorter sessions: you can always "skip session" in the menu once you are satisfied with your settings/qualify time.

Gosh, I won't have time to play a full season.:D
If anyone could provide a screenshot of that screen at the end of the season where the suppliers names, logos and infos appears, that would help me so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.0%