2016 Mod WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version is 0.7
Se WIP evolution below
Please come back to me with your suggestions and don't forget to be indulgent, this was and still is a long lone work.
Thanks to bwoah for his help on finding drivers and staff around the world.
Thank you all for your patience.
The final release will come in few days although a intermediate version could come before.

Link : see other thread for 1.0 versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/egm2lbsolclo36o/MM+2016+Mod.zip
To use this beta mod, remember to first backup your file "resources.assets" in your MM Data folder. Then uncompress your download in that same folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be included in 1.0:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 197 real drivers. Not a single fake driver in the game!
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and organizations in all messages, tweets, press, conversation, or any other screen.
Real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment colors.
Real Bernie Ecclestone :laugh:

WIP: (updated 06/12)
- Real Team liveries with custom textures (22% done)
- Sponsor logos on liveries (100% done)
- Logos on hats (100% done)
- Suppliers logos (done)
- 20 more free drivers (100% done)

- Few other tweaks

3q2pW3S.png

OgBd2iw.png

EpXETp9.png

Screenshots below are old ones from earlier in dev

wsix23s.png

HCTzirp.png

8PcifYz.png

Last edited:
Hi, first of all I want to thank you for all your hard work and I'm very excited about your mod. I have read all posts and I have some suggestions (or maybe wishes :laugh:).

1. I don't know is there any fake drivers left, but if it is you can replace them with some of these guys (I suppose that you put in most of them. But take a look, maybe it will help you).
Pastor Maldonado, Will Stevens, Roberto Merhi, Alexander Rossi, Fabio Leimer, Susie Wolff(a rarely real woman driver :)), Kamui Kobayashi, Robin Frijns, Charles Pic, Giedo Van Der Garde, Heikki Kovalainen, Paul di Resta, Timo Glock, Jerome d'Ambrosio, Brunno Senna, Vitaly Petrov, Jaime Alguersuari, Karun Chandhok, Robert Kubica, Sakon Yamamoto, Christian Klien, Lucas di Grassi, Nelson Piquet Jr, Kazuki Nakajima, Scott Speed, Mirko Bortolotti, Daniel Juncadella, Antonio Felix da Costa, Conor Daly, Bruno Bonifacio.
I know there is just a few under 25 driver and most of them are over 30, but all of them can drive couple of seasons.

2. My suggestions for practice/qualifying session length are:
Practice: 30/40/60
Qualification: 15/20/30 I think that's nice, and more realistic than 60 mins in Q (for long session).

3. Is it possible to add some races? I suppose it isn't, but if it is it would be great to have some extra races in F1, because 16 is little for F1 season :)

4. Is it possible to make new schedule, as close to real calendar? For example, Australian GP should be season opener.

5. Is it possible to increase number of laps? With long race it's maximum about 50-55 laps and in real life there are a lot of races with more then 60 laps.

6. Is it possible to trade Verstappen for Kvyat, because their copies (fake drivers who should be those 2) are in teams like at the beginning of the season?

Man I can't wait for you to release this :D
Cheers :roflmao:

Last edited:
I answered in bold under your questions
Hi, first of all I want to thank you for all your hard work and I'm very excited about your mod. I have read all posts and I have some suggestions (or maybe wishes :laugh:).

1. I don't know is there any fake drivers left, but if it is you can replace them with some of these guys (I suppose that you put in most of them. But take a look, maybe it will help you).
Pastor Maldonado, Will Stevens, Roberto Merhi, Alexander Rossi, Fabio Leimer, Susie Wolff(a rarely real woman driver :)), Kamui Kobayashi, Robin Frijns, Charles Pic, Giedo Van Der Garde, Heikki Kovalainen, Paul di Resta, Timo Glock, Jerome d'Ambrosio, Brunno Senna, Vitaly Petrov, Jaime Alguersuari, Karun Chandhok, Robert Kubica, Sakon Yamamoto, Christian Klien, Lucas di Grassi, Nelson Piquet Jr, Kazuki Nakajima, Scott Speed, Mirko Bortolotti, Daniel Juncadella, Antonio Felix da Costa, Conor Daly, Bruno Bonifacio.
I know there is just a few under 25 driver and most of them are over 30, but all of them can drive couple of seasons.
Thanks, I'll look at those although at first look, I think they're all in my list already.
2. My suggestions for practice/qualifying session length are:
Practice: 30/40/60
Qualification: 15/20/30 I think that's nice, and more realistic than 60 mins in Q (for long session).
Ok why not. Only had one proposition so far so I'll take a look at it.
3. Is it possible to add some races? I suppose it isn't, but if it is it would be great to have some extra races in F1, because 16 is little for F1 season :)
I think it might be possible. I've seen people looking deep into coding but that's not something I'm looking at so my mod won't have more races until someone comes with a solution.
4. Is it possible to make new schedule, as close to real calendar? For example, Australian GP should be season opener.
Unfortunately, I believe the race order is random. Agin if someone comes with a solution I'm interested too.
5. Is it possible to increase number of laps? With long race it's maximum about 50-55 laps and in real life there are a lot of races with more then 60 laps.
I'll have to look at it.
6. Is it possible to trade Verstappen for Kvyat, because their copies (fake drivers who should be those 2) are in teams like at the beginning of the season?
Look at my first post for more infos.
My mod has correct drivers with correct physics, and adapted abilities, potential, ...

Man I can't wait for you to release this :D
Cheers :roflmao:
Thanks a lot for your suggestions :thumbsup:
Hey, thank your for your work enzoli! Will this mod work on Mac systems?
I didn't even know the game was available on Mac:roflmao: I'm sorry I'm a PC guy. Do you have a ressources.assests file in the MM data folder? If so then you're on the right path but other than that I can't help you. Sorry.
Do you have edit the simcar mask file? (In race liveries)
I've done Red Bull and Toro Rosso so far but didn't get the time to work on the rest although it's my plans. Since it does not need a new game to work, I'll probably release a beta without liveries and include it in the final release.

Just livery details.
I don't know how to edit race cars. I think Aeric find a way to add a color but don't know where are these files located.
If you know how, please share, I'd be happy to work on that too:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%