2016 Mod WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version is 0.7
Se WIP evolution below
Please come back to me with your suggestions and don't forget to be indulgent, this was and still is a long lone work.
Thanks to bwoah for his help on finding drivers and staff around the world.
Thank you all for your patience.
The final release will come in few days although a intermediate version could come before.

Link : see other thread for 1.0 versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/egm2lbsolclo36o/MM+2016+Mod.zip
To use this beta mod, remember to first backup your file "resources.assets" in your MM Data folder. Then uncompress your download in that same folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be included in 1.0:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 197 real drivers. Not a single fake driver in the game!
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and organizations in all messages, tweets, press, conversation, or any other screen.
Real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment colors.
Real Bernie Ecclestone :laugh:

WIP: (updated 06/12)
- Real Team liveries with custom textures (22% done)
- Sponsor logos on liveries (100% done)
- Logos on hats (100% done)
- Suppliers logos (done)
- 20 more free drivers (100% done)

- Few other tweaks

3q2pW3S.png

OgBd2iw.png

EpXETp9.png

Screenshots below are old ones from earlier in dev

wsix23s.png

HCTzirp.png

8PcifYz.png

Last edited:
Any way to edit regens yet? Not trying to have tens of female drivers in my long term game. They really messed that up. They sell the game as a realistic management simulation but half of the drivers are females.

I would like to congratulate and thank enzoli and other people that help him creating the best mod for Motorsport Manager

I tried 3 mods (2015 real names (Panamera, Matrix_Tirol), fantasy mod (Matrix_Tirol), and your's f1 2016)

Your mod is from far the best one. Congratulations!

My problem is...if i could, i would take "pieces" from the 3 mods and make a real/fantasy mod that would be a masterpiece mod.

I will try to explain. And someone i think Windhook tried to give the idea.

Your mod is perfect on drivers (stats, bio...), first division (Formula One) teams, liveries, team logos, perfect! but gp2/gp3...

I respect your idea of realism, and you did a good job with gp2/3 series, but as an old F1 fan, i waited for so long for an "F1 manager", and with your skills and perfectionism we can achieve an F1 fantasy world that i think will pleasure almost people that plays MM.

I played your mod on gp2, and all the other teams...prema, dams, trident are actually on gp2, but i hardly see them on F1 on 10 years.

Other thing is the logo, team name, i don't imagine Vettel before retiring going to trident or dams. Question of name/trademark/F1 Team.

That's why on this game MM proposing 3 divisions, with promotions/relegations i think we can "imagine" the retirement of Mr. Bernie

I would propose all your actual almost 200 real drivers, your Formula 1 championship (2016), but the 2 lower leagues a new politic on FIA.

Mr. Bernie retired and the new FIA Boss lowered the costs of production of an F1 car and that generates historic F1 teams and actual car manufacturers
to invest on F2 and F3 and try to achieve the F1 Championship.

So I would propose those teams:

Manor
Marussia (RUS)
Lotus (GBR)
Benetton (ITA)
Caterham (MAL)
Ligier (FRA)
BMW (GER)
Jaguar (GBR)
Toyota (JAP)
Honda (JAP)

Minardi (ITA)
Brabham (GBR)
Larousse (FRA)
Jordan (IRL)
Tyrrel (GBR)
Footwork\Arrows (GBR)
HRT (SPA)
Alfa Romeo (ITA)
Audi (GER)
Lamborghini (ITA)

For me it's a question of name/logo/trademark - visualize/imagine

When i played your mod, the lower leagues "tell's me not much" i am not a follower of gp series (shame), and my opinion it's that playing your final mod for 20/30 seasons, with teams like hitech gp, status, t-sport and watch later drivers like Vettel, Ricciardo, Alonso joining those teams for me has not the same impact, as for example, Vettel retiring on BMW F1 Team, Alonso on Benetton F1 Team, for example. I hope you and all readers understand what i mean.

That's why enzoli, with your "savoir faire", those teams on lower leagues with respective nice logos and liveries/colours, with your professionalism to achieve perfection, this would be the best mod for Motorsport Manager. And i don't see a problem to see all those young gp series drivers on those teams...even randomly.
I tried to take ex-F1 real teams historically. Just Audi and Lambo are...well, they have all to invest on F1, and they like this new FIA Boss.

I think many people agree with me, old people like me for sure!

Just think about that enzoli, please!

I can imagine the hardwork, but i think we can form a team with all those modders already on MM

Anyways, excellent work on your mod!!!

Last edited:
I would like to congratulate and thank enzoli and other people that help him creating the best mod for Motorsport Manager

I tried 3 mods (2015 real names (Panamera, Matrix_Tirol), fantasy mod (Matrix_Tirol), and your's f1 2016)

My problem is...if i could, i would take "pieces" from the 3 mods and make a real/fantasy mod that would be a masterpiece mod.

Your mod is perfect on drivers (stats, bio...), first division (Formula One) teams, liveries, team logos, perfect! but gp2/gp3...

I respect your idea of realism, and you did a good job with gp2/3 series, but as an old F1 fan, i waited for so long for an "F1 manager", and with your skills and perfectionism we can achieve an F1 fantasy world that i think will pleasure almost people that plays MM.

I played your mod on gp2, and all the other teams...prema, dams, trident are actually on gp2, but i hardly see them on F1 on 10 years.

Other thing is the logo, team name, i don't imagine Vettel before retiring going to trident or dams. Question of name/trademark/F1 Team.

That's why on this game MM proposing 3 divisions, with promotions/relegations i think we can "imagine" the retirement of Mr. Bernie

I would propose all your actual almost 200 real drivers, your Formula 1 championship (2016), but the 2 lower leagues a new politic on FIA.

Mr. Bernie retired and the new FIA Boss lowered the costs of production of an F1 car and that generates historic F1 teams and actual car manufacturers

Manor
Marussia (RUS)
Lotus (GBR)
Benetton (ITA)
Caterham (MAL)
Ligier (FRA)
BMW (GER)
Jaguar (GBR)
Toyota (JAP)
Honda (JAP)

Minardi (ITA)
Brabham (GBR)
Larousse (FRA)
Jordan (IRL)
Tyrrel (GBR)
Footwork\Arrows (GBR)
HRT (SPA)
Alfa Romeo (ITA)
Audi (GER)
Lamborghini (ITA)

When i played your mod, the lower leagues "tell's me not much" i am not a follower of gp series (shame), and my opinion it's that playing your final mod for 20/30 seasons, with teams like hitech gp, status, t-sport and watch later drivers like Vettel, Ricciardo, Alonso joining those teams for me has not the same impact, as for example, Vettel retiring on BMW F1 Team, Alonso on Benetton F1 Team, for example. I hope you and all readers understand what i mean.

That's why enzoli, with your "savoir faire", those teams on lower leagues with respective nice logos and liveries/colours, with your professionalism to achieve perfection, this would be the best mod for Motorsport Manager. And i don't see a problem to see all those young gp series drivers on those teams...even randomly.
I tried to take ex-F1 real teams historically. Just Audi and Lambo are...well, they have all to invest on F1, and they like this new FIA Boss.

I can imagine the hardwork, but i think we can form a team with all those modders already on MM

Thats different, BMW, Jaguar, Honda e t c, they retired from F1 because they simply loose money.
Audi, Lambo, Lotus e t c, its already DTM or GT3, its not formula classes. What u asking is to take out GP2 and GP3 and replace those teams with the old ones, i think its completely different mod. Audi and Lambo wont get into F1, as BMW and Honda. I think its the best as it is now, because, lets take PREMA as ex: they competed throu most Formula serias and they are actually really succesfull, they might get into F1 and they will in the next 5 years, they have Ferrari drivers, and Ferrari connections and they might be Senior Ferrari team in F1, they have interest in F1 because money will flow in Prema, it Wont happen with BMW or others, because they know, its better to sell Engines, racing parts, rather then use them and spend millions for nothing, like it happened with Honda or BMW when new Era came, those teams suffered a big looses.
Your mod is something like OLD school mix with known big Car Brands, its a complete different mod

I think that, for now, it would be better to find someone that could make a mod that removes the promotion/relegation system and adds a max age on drivers in GP2 and GP3 for realism purposes.

Creating a fantasy mod, in that sense, would be a whole different mod.

Last edited:

Manor
Marussia (RUS)
Lotus (GBR)
Benetton (ITA)
Caterham (MAL)
Ligier (FRA)
BMW (GER)
Jaguar (GBR)
Toyota (JAP)
Honda (JAP)

Minardi (ITA)
Brabham (GBR)
Larousse (FRA)
Jordan (IRL)
Tyrrel (GBR)
Footwork\Arrows (GBR)
HRT (SPA)
Alfa Romeo (ITA)
Audi (GER)
Lamborghini (ITA)

I totally get what you mean and it's one of the best ideas I've ever heard of. Had something like that in my mind but you took the words out of my mouth.

If I understand, the second and third tiers are kinda pointless if we're playing in the F1. Your idea is to simulate a potential realistic long-term F1 universe. We could see old or new teams replace others in the first tier. So we could have Alfa Romeo replacing Sauber for example. It's way better to see potential future F1 teams in the first tier rather than having Prema there, which would be totally inaccurate if we want to emulate a realistic F1 universe.

With Enzoli's data, I don't think that kind of mod would be hard to create as we would use fictional data for the second and third tier teams. There wouldn't be a need to recreate any liveries as we wouldn't even see it while managing a F1 team. The only stuff we would need are names, locations, logos, fictional staff or drivers and leave GP2/3 drivers and staff as free agents. So if we ever feel like managing one of these new teams coming into the F1, we would have the choice to sign whoever we want.

I don't think this would require a lot of time and seems amazing to me. Let's hope someone has the iniative to do it. I would myself be happy to help when needed.

Guys, thanks for the idea but again, I'm not much a fantasy guy.
I'm sure you'll find someone that can work on this and use my mod as a base.
And when the devs release an editor, it will be easier too.
Once I'm done with this mod, I will take a break as I've been spending almost 3 weeks on editing this game without a rest. Late nights and early mornings. I feel tired and a bit fed up.
Thanks for your understanding.:thumbsup:

I'm preparing myself for an eventual crash on mod 1.0. In such case I'll be forced to export/import all assets manually. :D

The fantasy constructor mod will be made at some point, Football Manager is great example for such mods. I wonder if Playsport Games will include in future MM games some random events such as team rebranding of less successful constructors and why not even some succesful ones. We know these things happen in F1 every season, but yet again I forget the fact that MM is a fantasy world. Another thought on this idea - let's say. Mercedes AMG become Daihatsu Racing... :D Perhaps this is the main reason they introduced the promotion/relegation system in MM.

Guys, thanks for the idea but again, I'm not much a fantasy guy.
I'm sure you'll find someone that can work on this and use my mod as a base.
And when the devs release an editor, it will be easier too.
Once I'm done with this mod, I will take a break as I've been spending almost 3 weeks on editing this game without a rest. Late nights and early mornings. I feel tired and a bit fed up.
Thanks for your understanding.:thumbsup:

Thank you enzoli that you do it all for free. Respect.:thumbsup:

Enzoli, by the way, is there a way to increase sponsor contract lenghts? I find unrealistic to be switching sponsors during the season.
I made sponsors deal a bit longer but didn't want to touch it to much as I don't know how the values work together. This would need a bit more research and work as some sponsor give more upfront and some more per race money. So if you increase deal length a lot, you also change the whole balance made by the devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes