2016 Mod WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version is 0.7
Se WIP evolution below
Please come back to me with your suggestions and don't forget to be indulgent, this was and still is a long lone work.
Thanks to bwoah for his help on finding drivers and staff around the world.
Thank you all for your patience.
The final release will come in few days although a intermediate version could come before.

Link : see other thread for 1.0 versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/egm2lbsolclo36o/MM+2016+Mod.zip
To use this beta mod, remember to first backup your file "resources.assets" in your MM Data folder. Then uncompress your download in that same folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be included in 1.0:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 197 real drivers. Not a single fake driver in the game!
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and organizations in all messages, tweets, press, conversation, or any other screen.
Real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment colors.
Real Bernie Ecclestone :laugh:

WIP: (updated 06/12)
- Real Team liveries with custom textures (22% done)
- Sponsor logos on liveries (100% done)
- Logos on hats (100% done)
- Suppliers logos (done)
- 20 more free drivers (100% done)

- Few other tweaks

3q2pW3S.png

OgBd2iw.png

EpXETp9.png

Screenshots below are old ones from earlier in dev

wsix23s.png

HCTzirp.png

8PcifYz.png

Last edited:
I made sponsors deal a bit longer but didn't want to touch it to much as I don't know how the values work together. This would need a bit more research and work as some sponsor give more upfront and some more per race money. So if you increase deal length a lot, you also change the whole balance made by the devs.
Oh alright I got you. So you got a specific time for the release?

Were you able to sort out the issue with the mixed up sponsors? It's supposed to be the first three giving you target positions and the last 3 giving you money per race, with the mod verion I tested it was all mixed up and i only got 1 with a target position iirc.

Once again it is like Christmas eve! and once again I am off out for a meal... but when I return I shall be downloading!

Was going to start as Renault.. but damn that Force india livery is trying to steal me away!

DC

Were you able to sort out the issue with the mixed up sponsors? It's supposed to be the first three giving you target positions and the last 3 giving you money per race, with the mod verion I tested it was all mixed up and i only got 1 with a target position iirc.
Bingo, I didn't notice this and now looking at the sponsor file I realize better how it works.
I'll work a bit on it before release.

Quick question here as I overhauled the sponsor part.
I didn't play a full season yet. In fact I never went further than a race.:roflmao:
Been to busy modding.

Could you guys tell me if sponsors contracts overlap seasons?
I mean if I sign a sponsor for 15 races at mid-season, does it last till next mid-season?
Or sponsors cancel themselves at the end of each season?
Or it is impossible to sign a 15 races sponsor when there's not 15 races available in the current season?

Really need this info before releasing.:)

Quick question here as I overhauled the sponsor part.
I didn't play a full season yet. In fact I never went further than a race.:roflmao:
Been to busy modding.

Could you guys tell me if sponsors contracts overlap seasons?
I mean if I sign a sponsor for 15 races at mid-season, does it last till next mid-season?
Or sponsors cancel themselves at the end of each season?
Or it is impossible to sign a 15 races sponsor when there's not 15 races available in the current season?

Really need this info before releasing.:)
Yes, the sponsor overlap the next season

Excellent.
I've made contracts longer.
What should the minimum and maximum length be?

Also, did any of you experienced "gay" dating and affairs since the removal of most of women in game?
I ask this because there are many traits about dating.
Since I removed 90% of women in game I wonder if this kind of situation happen.
Not that I'm homophobic or anything but if it does then we might have a lot of gay weddings and divorce in racing for the next seasons in MM :roflmao:

I'd rather it be fully correct and functional than risk a couple bugs later on in my seasons and have to start again!

Take your time dude, even if that means tomorrow or later!

If you need any further info just post here, I'm home for the night and will be around till the early hours.

DC

Looking forward to this, but won't this and other mods be a bit pointless after let's say 20 seasons? Because surely most of the drivers will retire and be replaced by the game's original random drivers that are generated each season or have I got this wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 98 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.7%