2016 Mod WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version is 0.7
Se WIP evolution below
Please come back to me with your suggestions and don't forget to be indulgent, this was and still is a long lone work.
Thanks to bwoah for his help on finding drivers and staff around the world.
Thank you all for your patience.
The final release will come in few days although a intermediate version could come before.

Link : see other thread for 1.0 versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/egm2lbsolclo36o/MM+2016+Mod.zip
To use this beta mod, remember to first backup your file "resources.assets" in your MM Data folder. Then uncompress your download in that same folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be included in 1.0:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 197 real drivers. Not a single fake driver in the game!
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and organizations in all messages, tweets, press, conversation, or any other screen.
Real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment colors.
Real Bernie Ecclestone :laugh:

WIP: (updated 06/12)
- Real Team liveries with custom textures (22% done)
- Sponsor logos on liveries (100% done)
- Logos on hats (100% done)
- Suppliers logos (done)
- 20 more free drivers (100% done)

- Few other tweaks

3q2pW3S.png

OgBd2iw.png

EpXETp9.png

Screenshots below are old ones from earlier in dev

wsix23s.png

HCTzirp.png

8PcifYz.png

Last edited:
i think most of the users here are fine with F1 liveries done, you can do the rest for 2.0. and to be honest, a lot of us will probably change the look as soon as season two starts so... you already did so much stuff like real drivers, staff, sponsors etc. you've done enough, really!!! the icing on the cake would be if you could implement the AI/Balance changes flamingred did in his file. he talked about how it's done briefliy in his last comment on his thread. i cant wait to finally start my long term save.

I just registered only to thank you all the work done. It's an amazing mod, I think it's that we all want in this game.

By the way, I think there is a small mistake with Haas drivers, maybe you've confused among themselves, because Grosjean appears like a paydriver and he has worse ratings than Gutierrez, I think it would be the other way around.

Anyway, thank you again for this :thumbsup:

Someone mentioned the promotion system in Motorsport Manager, which I didn't get to experience, yet (sorry, played the game for only 2 race weekends :D) and that got me dreaming on how I would love the idea of taking former constructors such as Arrows, Benetton, Ligier, Minardi or Lotus from GP2/3 back to F1. I totally agree with Crozzers - texturing the real GP2/3 teams would be a waste of time. In reality we know that the series are simply a F1 Academy for drivers and staff, also all cars are identical running on Mecachrome engines and the whole thing is not popular. So basically my thoughts are:

1) Keep the current F1 hierarchy.
2) Having the original MM fantasy teams in GP2/3 is not that bad. My other suggestion is... simply replace the series with a mix of former constructors (Tyrell, Ligier, Arrows, Minardi, etc.) and manufacturers that are not involved currently in F1 (Toyota, BMW, Jaguar, Lotus, etc.). Sounds more like a fantasy mod right now, matter of fact MM itself is a fantasy game. :D
3) I mentioned some classic former constructors, but that doesn't mean I want to see any former F1 drivers in the game. After all the thought of hiring Aerton Senna or Michael Schumacher only saddens me.

Yes. Thanks for the proposition but I'm not to much in fantasy.
I tried to make this mod as close of reality as possible. Even if the game isn't really realistic.
I might do some gp2/3 series liveries later on but it's a lot of work.
Anyway here is Sauber final version. Going for Force India and I'll do Manor too although I've put them in GP2.
bhD7kv3.png

Can you select the livery when you change liveries? For example, you change Sauber's in 2017 to one of the default, and then next 2018 when selecting your livery, you could pick this one back up again.

Can you select the livery when you change liveries? For example, you change Sauber's in 2017 to one of the default, and then next 2018 when selecting your livery, you could pick this one back up again.
Yes, the default liveries have been changed to F1 ones. That means that you'll find all the other teams liveries available in the liveries menu.

That's really cool.
The sound is not really important is it?

It would be nice to have something else then the default sound but if I can't do it I will go for the default one. Also I'm not really happy with the quality in the game so I will redo the video and see if I can get a better quality. If it all works I will do one for Gp2 as well and maybe Gp3, and as well as the team intro's.

would be nice if you and flamingred could combine your and his mod. i already tested a bit of his released Balance MOD. he also placed all the txt.files he modified in the zip.file. i would do the impelementation on my own only if i wasn't an amateur when it comes to modding.
i would love to start a new long term save with your file and be challanged at the same time by using flaming's Modifications. keep up the good work enzo!!! just one more day... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes