2016 Mod WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version is 0.7
Se WIP evolution below
Please come back to me with your suggestions and don't forget to be indulgent, this was and still is a long lone work.
Thanks to bwoah for his help on finding drivers and staff around the world.
Thank you all for your patience.
The final release will come in few days although a intermediate version could come before.

Link : see other thread for 1.0 versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/egm2lbsolclo36o/MM+2016+Mod.zip
To use this beta mod, remember to first backup your file "resources.assets" in your MM Data folder. Then uncompress your download in that same folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be included in 1.0:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 197 real drivers. Not a single fake driver in the game!
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and organizations in all messages, tweets, press, conversation, or any other screen.
Real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment colors.
Real Bernie Ecclestone :laugh:

WIP: (updated 06/12)
- Real Team liveries with custom textures (22% done)
- Sponsor logos on liveries (100% done)
- Logos on hats (100% done)
- Suppliers logos (done)
- 20 more free drivers (100% done)

- Few other tweaks

3q2pW3S.png

OgBd2iw.png

EpXETp9.png

Screenshots below are old ones from earlier in dev

wsix23s.png

HCTzirp.png

8PcifYz.png

Last edited:
And also I'm wondering why drivers like Lance Stroll and Antonio Giovinazzi have a low potential considering that Stroll has the ability to drive in F1 and Giovinazzi has a lot of potential in real life and could end up in F1 soon. Also, Gasly and Giovinazzi are kinda weak in GP2 in the game when in real life, Gasly won the championship and Giovinazzi was close to win it.
I'm working on this right now and I can assure you abilities and potential will be reflective of real life.

I'm working on this right now and I can assure you abilities and potential will be reflective of real life.
Antonio Giovinazzi is a great driver with huge potential, it was his first year in GP2 and he almost won it, and there are drivers like Rowland who has been in GP2 for almost 4 years, and still not in top.

Also im wondering, every time there is a newer version will my save files be corrupted and i have to start from the bottom?

I just tested it, its amazing! Its almost perfect! The thing i found is the drivers stats are bit incorrect. FOr Example, Tereshenko has a good stats, but actually in real life he is not as good as, lets say Mitch Evans, Evans drove almost 4 years in GP2 and got a lot of Podiums e t c, while Tereshenko came to GP3 this year, and he came from Formula 3 Spanish cup, which level is quite avarage. And he is doing GP3 First Year.
Also drivers like, Isaakyan, De Vries, Stuvik, and many others stats are incorrecct. De Vries won F2.0 Alps and many other champs, where he got in Top, same as Isaakyan he is doing racing for only 4 years, and he got an excellent results, and Stuvik won F3 Spanish champ, and was there for a 3 years, and he got good experience

I mean all of this is personall, because i got an opportunity to know 90% of drivers now days and their history e t c, and i know pretty much which driver is faster then another, but this Mod Looks amazing and thank u so much for spending your time to do this!!!
Meanwhile ill try to find out how to change their stats, for more personall experience!

Thanks Mojojo. BenRHJ is helping me right now with drivers abilities, potential and stars as that was one thing that I just tweaked quickly for more reality but without great attention.
Final mod should be way better :thumbsup:

Thanks Mojojo. BenRHJ is helping me right now with drivers abilities, potential and stars as that was one thing that I just tweaked quickly for more reality but without great attention.
Final mod should be way better :thumbsup:

Thank u so much man! I m also wondering when new mod is out, do i need to start new game every time? Or it works with old saves?
And sorry i have to say this, Pedro Piquet, Lance Stroll and Giovinazzi, are the drivers that will probably get in to F1 in very soon future, so they have a huge potential. ( And Philo Armand is a complete sh/// as Alfonso Celis, very bad drivers, only money that is behind them.)

I didn't change rules as I concentrated on text and textures.
Appart form practice and quali time all the rest is vanilla.
TheFlamingRed is working on gameplay on another thread and we could benefit from is work later on.

I didn't change rules as I concentrated on text and textures.
Appart form practice and quali time all the rest is vanilla.
TheFlamingRed is working on gameplay on another thread and we could benefit from is work later on.

Thanks enzoli. My opinion is that your mod shouldn't change gameplay features for now. It is awesome as it is.
I have been playing your Beta version and it is outstanding. I can see that a lot of time and effort has been put in. It makes the whole game a much more enjoyable experience.
I don't know if you realise how much everyone appreciates your efforts. Thank you very much!:D
Looking forward to the final version it should be even more epic.

This is an amazing mod. Thank you so much for doing this.

Can I ask, do the tyres change to Pirelli tyres if a GP3 team gets "promoted" to GP2?

If not can the tyres for the GP3 cars be updated?

I have been working on my own one which is similar, but nowhere near as good, so I am happy to help out, if I can.

If so fantastic! Otherwise how can I change it?
And is promotion still in place?

Thanks guys for you interest in this mod.

I understand you are waiting for this and so am I.

I'm trying to put a sort of beta, or alpha would be more accurate, together although it goes against my will because I like things done well and a beta would not be complete.

So far it would miss liveries (apart from red bull and toro), some sponsors and few other gfx here and there like hats, suppliers logos, ...
The good thing is that it wouldn't require a new game since gfx apply automatically but there still high chances that after your feedback from testing, I'd make some changes in texts and that would then require a new career.
So I will call it an alpha, just for my own mental health, and I will release it very soon.
Might be late tonight or tomorrow morning. Depends on my wife :laugh:
I'm currently importing all my texts assets in the game.
One by one to check if it doesn't crash. I'm half-way through.
Then I'll have to finish the team colours file. I'm 80% done.

I will use your feedbacks to correct and improve the final version.

Stay tuned.

Cheers
Thank you so much. This really is exactly what players wanted.

Fantastic work!

This is an amazing mod. Thank you so much for doing this.

Can I ask, do the tyres change to Pirelli tyres if a GP3 team gets "promoted" to GP2?

If not can the tyres for the GP3 cars be updated?

I have been working on my own one which is similar, but nowhere near as good, so I am happy to help out, if I can.

If so fantastic! Otherwise how can I change it?
And is promotion still in place?
At the moment I only did the Pirelli ones but GP3 will be racing with Bridgestone and the texture will be included in final mod.

I didn't touch promotion, it still working ;)

Thank you all for your nice comments

I don't know if I should post this here but I got a bit creative and came up with this and it might be an idea for your mod. The game still plays the default sound for some reason so I have to figure out what is going on. So this is just an example of what I have done.

The video is pretty bad but it's late here so I'll upload a better one as soon as I have got the time. Sorry about this

Last edited:
Hey Michael. Didn't get the chance to see what you posted. What have you been up to?

Here's my Haas livery. Not perfect again but game doesn't allow certain things unfortunately.
2 more to go and F1 will be ready. I don't think I'll do the GP2/3 cars as it takes a lot of time. Or we could go on a poll and see which GP2/Gp3 cars you guys really want. Thoughts?

VQiOcNx.png

Personally I think doing the GP2/3 cars might be a bit of a waste of your time, but would be interesting to see others thoughts?

How is Ben (I think that was his name!) coming on with the updated driver stats / potential?

DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 81 90.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 32.2%