2014 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just have different definition of lucky.. I consider near misses as lucky escapes from certain accident. You consider near miss as null event.. Unlucky is to get caught on them, that much we both agree, i'm sure. Few meters, no nose.. Few meters more and i don't even want imagine what could've happened. If you ask Sebastien, i'm pretty sure he takes that third place with a small prayer to upstairs, having escaped definite DNF and possible injuries.

Massa was faster on straights, Vettel is not a wizard that can conjure 10kph more top speed when needed. Nor a cook :roflmao: It could've been close, that's what i said. We'll never know but i do think that Nico was not coming second without that accident. So he was lucky but unlucky for losing electric motor in the first place.. Luck in one place don't cancel unluck in another, that's not how it works..

@Sun Levi :inlove: That's what i thought..

Maybe. But he also steered to the right at the last moment, so he clearly saw something in his mirrors, thus helping himself escape what could have been a lot worse.

So, rather be good than lucky, but if you can help it, be both. ;)

I was on a wedding from 20 to 01, i turned off my mobile phone so no one would tell me the result :) came home turned on what i have recorded on the TV and ... okay, i watched and enjoyed whole race, to the end. With exception from the parts where Ric past Vettel.

So, by any logic, as the end was closing on, what i saw was Per - Ric - Vet all one behind another. Since the moment they said Perez had problems Ric past him like Perez was not on the track at all. Goes lap around he catches Rosberg and past him on the straight, like a drag race between Ferrari and Fiat Zastava ....

Meanwhile Vettel is struggling to pass Perez on the straights, still !!!!
And when he did it was so on the edge that cause an accident to some point.

After this what i have seen, although it was fantastic race from Ric to me is clear like a bright sunny day, that Ric has at least 20% more powerful car on the straights! No doubt at all no matter what anyone would say no matter if C.Horner comes here and deny it! NO LOGIC AT ALL. Ric is going like knife through butter while Vettel is struggling! Thats .... not going to work out.

Congratulations for Ric, and for Vettel when they give him an equal car to Ric it will be different, until then, he is still getting the best out of HIS car

PS. Very sorry for Masa and that stupid Williams and why they didnt let him go on and take that risk for a victory but instead they changed his tyres and lost everything ...

I was on a wedding from 20 to 01, i turned off my mobile phone so no one would tell me the result :) came home turned on what i have recorded on the TV and ... okay, i watched and enjoyed whole race, to the end. With exception from the parts where Ric past Vettel.

So, by any logic, as the end was closing on, what i saw was Per - Ric - Vet all one behind another. Since the moment they said Perez had problems Ric past him like Perez was not on the track at all. Goes lap around he catches Rosberg and past him on the straight, like a drag race between Ferrari and Fiat Zastava ....

After this what i have seen, although it was fantastic race from Ric to me is clear like a bright sunny day, that Ric has at least 20% more powerful car on the straights! No doubt at all no matter what anyone would say no matter if C.Horner comes here and deny it! NO LOGIC AT ALL. Ric is going like knife through butter while Vettel is struggling! Thats .... not going to work out.

Congratulations for Ric and for Vettel, when they give him an equal car to Ric it will be different, until then, he is still getting the best out of HIS car

PS. Very sorry for Masa and that stupid Williams and why they didnt let him go on and take that risk for a victory but instead they changed his tyres and lost everything ...

Just like Webber's car always was less powerful. Stop making excuses for the worst F1 champion since Villeneuve.

Just like Webber's car always was less powerful. Stop making excuses for the worst F1 champion since Villeneuve.

Pure logic is not excuse its fact, i dont need to be Baltazar to see how Ric past Per and Ros and how Vettel couldnt. Child would notice that gap.

Webber case? He was not slower on the straights

4 times world champion, worst champion after Villeneuve. Its 4 after midnight but i am laughing neihgbors would call police i think

Last edited:
There's so many variables with the cars this year. Maybe they used the electric energy differently, maybe Ricciardo was better on fuel, maybe Perez still was in DRS proximity. What I saw for the duration of the race there wasn't much of a difference between their pace. What you say just downplays the good race Ricciardo had.

YES, maybe you are right maybe it was that after all. Ric had a great race. But in the end, from what i saw was pure difference in power on the straights. Its not need an expert to see that difference. Thats all i wanted to say. And fuel wont make that big difference. ERS would, but thats another question.

Congratulations for Ric, and for Vettel when they give him an equal car to Ric it will be different, until then, he is still getting the best out of HIS car

I'm sorry but biased much? Being a Vettel fanboy has made you hallucinate this supposed 20% power deficit. I didn't notice any difference between either of them but if there was a difference on the speed trap figures it can be because of setup differences - high/low downforce. Vettel made no comments about this after the race so you're just making this up. You've seen how gracious Vettel was after the race with Ricciardo so maybe you should take a leaf out of your hero's book and stop being so utterly resentful.

I'm guessing your Vettel tinted glasses were firmly on.. He passed Perez on T1 and it wasn't easy pass, he pretty much elbowed thru and barely made the turn. It wasn't straightline speed that got him past, it was a risk that he took combined with very good exit from the last chicane. They had the same top speed, you can check that out if you want.. Vettel was also defending, that will slow a person down. Ricciardo managed to make the gap, a lot of it is luck (lol, that word in this thread..:) ) But for such a Vettel fanboy that reality is distorted so badly, i nor anyone else here can convince you to think otherwise. It is going to be: "Ricciardo won, they must have sabotaged Vettel". What if Ricciardo is better? Have you thought of that possibility?

This is prime example of hometeam bias where evey loss is referees fault and every win is pure skill.. Being a Finn, i got so tired and ashamed watching our hometeam games and how the fans there acted. If the opposing team made a clear violation of rules and got a penalty, the shouting and insults to the referee.. When opposing team barely touched our player, it was like he got away with murder.. I couldn't be a part of that. If we lose, we lose. If our team did wrong, then we did wrong. It makes the wins even better. Your heros are not infallible, they are not gods.

Totally disagree on that Perez remark. What he is is very smooth on the rear tires, totally against what you said. Actually Hulkenberg suffers more of rear tires degradation. If he is fast out he would be finishing his rears.

Do not know if you check the realtime app when see the F1 race. His laps were incredible consistent through the race. He did wonders with the SS compond. Slow driver, that must be a joke.

I'm not entirely sure you realize how much 20% is.......besides the fact that your reality is well....made up....

So let's say that the current cars have 650 hp (let's just say, idk how much they actually have since i don't follow F1 very closely)....20% of 650 is 130. So you're saying that Vettel has a 130 hp deficit to Ricciardo? In a racing series where driver weight is a big concern? :O_o:

About that 20% that i might not realise how big difderence is i agree in sport were smallest details decide, 1% is enough :) and i am far far away of being a fanboy, i am fan but not a boy, i was just tired and writing in 4 o'clock after midnight and i was not happy to see how Ric got stuck behind Per and Vettel couldn't.
I get that like an insult so please ... :)

@Kennett Ylitalo I dont wear any glasses and my reality is not distorted, speaking of, it might be for some who say 4 titles are won by pure luck

Last edited:
Ric might be better today and i have no problem with that at all, at all. its only that Ric although its true did not past that easy in case with Perez he was in position of doing so and Vettel was not at all. Didnt had a chance for a long time, that made me wonder.

That he is sabotaged is pure fiction and i dont say that. Like it was not Webber last year. But he was not passing that quickly like Ric did it. Simple it is! And he embraced Ric just because he is big enough to allow himself that. Ask him if he was no wondering why he couldnt past like that. He couldve said something bud would have ruined Ric's day, so better not. Vettel was not on power equal with Ric Saving fuel or something else oreseving combuation engine...Ric past Perez at first moment he had problems and Vettel couldnt, for me its weird if not for you.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure you realize how much 20% is.......besides the fact that your reality is well....made up....

So let's say that the current cars have 650 hp (let's just say, idk how much they actually have since i don't follow F1 very closely)....20% of 650 is 130. So you're saying that Vettel has a 130 hp deficit to Ricciardo? In a racing series where driver weight is a big concern? :O_o:

totally right of course i just put that number because was not important. my point was understood

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

Awesome. Amazing. Fantastic.

And everyone (Massa, Perez, Bianchi) is alright
Had to agree. Shame that Chilton had his first retirement in his F1 career, even if he could avoid crashes and retirements.

Well, Chilton had a record of consecutive race finishes until he decided to stop coasting around and tried racing :rolleyes:

And Dusko, I don't really think Vettel had a less powerful PU than Ricciardo. If I remember correctly, Daniel passed Pérez in the first corner. Maybe Pérez made a mistake in the last chicane, or Ricciardo saved his "overtake button" for the start/finish straight. Up until that point, Ricciardo with the DRS couldn't even get close to Pérez, so maybe he was in the right place at the right moment to capitalize on Checo's mistake. I can't find a replay though, so I don't know.

Plus, if Checo's brakes started failing, then after a bit he'd adjust his driving, so by the time Vettel tried to overtake, Pérez had recovered enough to defend. Again, just speculation since I haven't seen any replays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes