2014 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a good point though. Glad he didnt win the race. Slowest driver on grid. :p
Srsly? Perez? Slowest driver on the grid? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Are you forgetting that there are still backmarker teams with pay drivers, like Maldonado
Or absolute cucumbers like Chilton

And, finally, Gutierez. Last year, he was miles off the pace of his teammate, in quite a competitive car for points

Though I must say it's in my nature to cheer for outsiders.

• Deleted member 161052

edit: disagree rating undid

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to post a picture of Ricciardo in this thread but unfortunately his large smile didn't fit in the narrow frame :)

Here is a substitute instead.

10298515_10152142270421659_3402157844727713867_o.jpg

Srsly? Perez? Slowest driver on the grid? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Are you forgetting that there are still backmarker teams with pay drivers, like Maldonado
Or absolute cucumbers like Chilton

And, finally, Gutierez. Last year, he was miles off the pace of his teammate, in quite a competitive car for points

Chilton finishes races, usually.. But he is a bit slow.. Gutierrez had a spare chassis, it will not be at par with the chassis that was setup during the two first practice sessions. The setups are tenths of millimetres, even with the high tech manufacturing standard of F1, they never are totally identical. Don't think he is at the top 10 of drivers, just defending him a bit...

Agree that Pastor should not be in F1 at this very moment. He had some pace in the beginning of his first season, was quite impressive but hasn't performed any thing like that since. Perez is very unpredictable, he is naturally pretty fast but way way too inconsistent. He should visit the same therapeutist where Grosjean went, Romain is now one of my favourite drivers.

@Dewald Nel : yeah, a bit unlucky too, he could've taken second place too. But i'm most certain that it counts as lucky when you are not t-boned and instead get third place..... One can't start thinking what would've happened without that crash, Massa could've been on Vettels gear box as he was going to pass Perez in that T1 and... and... . Better to just count the what actually happened, not what could've been..

Pretty sure Vettel would have cooked them in the first 2 sectors, and they would have been nowhere near him in order to overtake on the final lap.

Also, if you get t-boned from behind by an incident that had nothing to do with you, that's as unlucky as it gets in F1 really.

So, just because it was a near-miss, and not an actual incident, with which he had nothing to do, he was lucky? Pretty thin line you're drawing between lucky and unlucky there...

I think Perez moved under braking, if he did it's his fault. The onboard replays seemed to stutter in the precise moment, so right now it's hard to say which way it was.

But it's nice that Bianchi, Pérez and Massa are alright, seeing those destroyed cars was a bit scary.

And the race was a real thriller.

Pretty sure Vettel would have cooked them in the first 2 sectors, and they would have been nowhere near him in order to overtake on the final lap.

Also, if you get t-boned from behind by an incident that had nothing to do with you, that's as unlucky as it gets in F1 really.

So, just because it was a near-miss, and not an actual incident, with which he had nothing to do, he was lucky? Pretty thin line you're drawing between lucky and unlucky there...

We just have different definition of lucky.. I consider near misses as lucky escapes from certain accident. You consider near miss as null event.. Unlucky is to get caught on them, that much we both agree, i'm sure. Few meters, no nose.. Few meters more and i don't even want imagine what could've happened. If you ask Sebastien, i'm pretty sure he takes that third place with a small prayer to upstairs, having escaped definite DNF and possible injuries.

Massa was faster on straights, Vettel is not a wizard that can conjure 10kph more top speed when needed. Nor a cook :roflmao: It could've been close, that's what i said. We'll never know but i do think that Nico was not coming second without that accident. So he was lucky but unlucky for losing electric motor in the first place.. Luck in one place don't cancel unluck in another, that's not how it works..

@Sun Levi :inlove: That's what i thought..

@Milos Ancevski
I like driver that can think, make strategy, preserve few things here and there which will work in his advantage, perhaps take a new approach to things like Rosberg and Vettel. What I don't like when someone is over-exaggurating this all the time. From Perez's onboard you can see he is driving every single corner, slow in, fast out. All the time. In clean air too. In corners that don't lead to long straights too. It's not a style, it's beginners approach which is stuck with him now and hence he is by my standard and i stay firmly behind it, slowest driver on the grid. McLaren saw this and gave him a boot.

@Milos Ancevski
I like driver that can think, make strategy, preserve few things here and there which will work in his advantage, perhaps take a new approach to things like Rosberg and Vettel. What I don't like when someone is over-exaggurating this all the time. From Perez's onboard you can see he is driving every single corner, slow in, fast out. All the time. In clean air too. In corners that don't lead to long straights too. It's not a style, it's beginners approach which is stuck with him now and hence he is by my standard and i stay firmly behind it, slowest driver on the grid. McLaren saw this and gave him a boot.

...well then

at least we now know why he's so great at conserving his tires. thanks for the expert clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back