2014 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 161052

Well, Chilton had a record of consecutive race finishes until he decided to stop coasting around and tried racing :rolleyes:
Well, I just looked at the driver records Wiki article, and a total classified finishes from Chilton is 25!

• Deleted member 161052

Well, Chilton has been issued a three-place grid penalty and Pérez have been issued a five-place grid penalty for their next race.

So Pérez was responsible for the final lap crash.

Well, Chilton has been issued a three-place grid penalty and Pérez have been issued a five-place grid penalty for their next race.

So Pérez was responsible for the final lap crash.

Unfortunate, since I didn't think either Perez or Massa was responsible for the crash, or reckless rather.

Looked like Perez just saw Vettel braking a lot harder than he himself was able to, and that caught him by surprise, so he instinctively moved left - almost like ducking from a ball.

To me Massa just has no real skill as a racedriver. Sorry, that guy failed to take good overtake maneuvers in the last few rounds, he saw his best chance now and found himself unable to react to Perez' movement and screwed up.
A Rosberg, Vettel, Raikkönen, Hülkenberg wouldn't have crashed into Perez in that situation, that I am sure.

Vettel had been ahead of Ricciardo until the final pit stops, but Horner said Ricciardo, who pitted a lap later than Vettel and came out ahead, made the difference on his in-lap to the pits.

"Seb reported while he was in traffic that he was in trouble with the tyres and was pushing us to look at strategy. We went for the undercut to get him into a bit of clear air and pitted Dan a lap later. His [Ricciardo's] in-lap was massively impressive, and it was that in-lap that did the damage - the pit stops were within 0.2s of each other - and that's how Dan got the jump on Seb.

"But the really decisive moment for him was his move around the outside of [Sergio] Perez into Turn 2. That's what won him the race today. Even with our DRS open and everything we had against a Mercedes-powered car with our DRS closed, we couldn't make a pass. So Dan was opportunistic and we took a bit of luck with Rosberg's misfortune, but you've got to be there to be in it."

taken from > http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/162233.html

This would mean he had worse exit than Ricciardo therefore lower top speed, and that small detail in a sport like this would be crucial for a difference from 3rd to 1st.

About Massa and Perez incident it is stated that Perez is the guilty

Here is a video showing reaction of Vettel escaping Massa's car
https://vine.co/v/MD07j6lMTeW

10410402_10203836307649549_3711045412376618878_n.jpg

10354096_10152511619671639_8566323715295007901_n.jpg

Great second half of the race. I was dozing off and then the magic happened. Good to see that there was real fighting for the top places. And above all, congratulations to Ricciardo. Well done mate. I hope it is the first of many victory's

Daniel passed Pérez in the first corner. Maybe Pérez made a mistake in the last chicane, or Ricciardo saved his "overtake button" for the start/finish straight. Up until that point, Ricciardo with the DRS couldn't even get close to Pérez, so maybe he was in the right place at the right moment to capitalize on Checo's mistake. I can't find a replay though, so I don't know.

I read that Perez had to reset some system of the car to fix a problem at the time Ricciardo passed him.

I'm not entirely sure you realize how much 20% is.......besides the fact that your reality is well....made up....

So let's say that the current cars have 650 hp (let's just say, idk how much they actually have since i don't follow F1 very closely)....20% of 650 is 130. So you're saying that Vettel has a 130 hp deficit to Ricciardo? In a racing series where driver weight is a big concern? :O_o:
+ 1 there. Dusko is from another planet. The whole year so far Ricciardo has the advantage in this car. Somehow it suits him better then Vettel. No matter how you twist and turn it both Ricciardo and Vettel where extremely lucky that Rosberg and Hamilton had so much problems with the car. It is no secret that the Red Bull car lacks top speed.

Well, I just looked at the driver records Wiki article, and a total classified finishes from Chilton is 25!

I think the meaning behind it was 'most consecutive finishes from debut race'.

This would mean he had worse exit than Ricciardo therefore lower top speed, and that small detail in a sport like this would be crucial for a difference from 3rd to 1st.

Which would indicate that Ricciardo 'nailed' it, not Vettel having a worse car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes