2013 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're posting pictures:
TZCTb1D.jpg

Taken from the F1 subreddit.

Personally in this early stage of the championship I don't see why the teams (Mercedes in particular) had to stick to team orders when they would have finished 1-2 and 3-4 anyway, giving the same points for the Constructor's Championship..
Imagine this: they both race hard, they fight for a couple of laps. Maybe they don't crash, like Vettel and Webber in 2010 (or was it 2009?) but they seriously wear out their tires, which leaves them with a crappy pace just a few laps before the end of the race. Massa passes them and maybe someone else as well. The team loses a lot of points. But hey, that's racing, right? It's not like you can tell your drivers to take it easy, take care of their tires and bring home the points they have...

I didn't see it. What did Nico say/do?
He was very honest with the situation, he said he would have loved to be third and was told that Hamilton said he should have been up there he had a lot of respect for him for saying that and respect for the team.
And that the team did not owe him anything as he knew the service would be returned if it were reversed.
And that we should all remember this day since it was a milstone for Mercedes being at the front almost fighting the Red Bulls etc.
He wasn´t even angry, he smiled and laughed and everything.

Definitely not PR-robot as someone said. The opposite which surprised me quite a lot.

He was very honest with the situation, he said he would have loved to be third and was told that Hamilton said he should have been up there he had a lot of respect for him for saying that and respect for the team.
And that the team did not owe him anything as he knew the service would be returned if it were reversed.
And that we should all remember this day since it was a milstone for Mercedes being at the front almost fighting the Red Bulls etc.
He wasn´t even angry, he smiled and laughed and everything.

Definitely not PR-robot as someone said. The opposite which surprised me quite a lot.

LOL! I have a goose that lays golden eggs too that you might also be interested in buying along with those magic beans.

I love how people talk about something that happened when they did not even watch the clip.
Makes it quite hilarious actually.

We all know your head is in the sand. How about you try and pull it up instead.

I watched the coverage from start to finish, you assumed otherwise. Ears and eyes are wonderful things, they pick up all manner of sights and sounds but unless the brain is engaged then its easy to be fooled. I also have a bridge to sell you if you have any money left once you bought my golden egg laying goose and magic beans.

I watched the coverage from start to finish, you assumed otherwise. Ears and eyes are wonderful things, they pick up all manner of sights and sounds but unless the brain is engaged then its easy to be fooled. I also have a bridge to sell you if you have any money left once you bought my golden egg laying goose and magic beans.
It´s also great if your eyes and ears actually work. They seem to be malfunctioning on your side.

i find it quite ironic that so many people are jumping on Vettel's back about breaking team orders. if the situation was reversed and Webber broke team orders, i have no doubt loads of people would be on here saying things like "it was right that he did it, drivers should race not have team orders", "Vettel can only win when there's team orders," etc.

as for Vettel only being able to overtake Webber when Webber turned his engine down, well, they had been battling for a while, so why didn't Webber turn his engine up then?

regarding what Vettel would've said if the situations were reversed, again i think it's ironic everyone calls him a crybaby when no-one on the grid spits dummies more than Mark 'The Man-Baby' Webber. how many times have we seen him throw his toys around in the past? slamming glasses of water down in a press conference, storming out of the press conference last year. the amount of immaturity he has for a man in his mid-30s is actually staggering.

It's quite clear from the radio chatter and some gesticulating that Webber and Rosberg were not happy with their lot, team orders suck but unless you take away the actual drivers world championship it will never change. Single driver teams wouldn't work because you would have situations arise like if Hamilton (because let's face it Nico has now realised he is no.2 so would be out of a job if they went to a 1 man team) was behind Button do you think Mercedes would not use their influence on their customer McLaren?

It's all pantomime, they used codes to make the orders when anyone with a bit of knowledge of F1 would know what is going to happen in situations like that, they just like to pretend its not for those gullible enough like Hampus to believe the pre-programmed PR racing drones.

as for Vettel only being able to overtake Webber when Webber turned his engine down, well, they had been battling for a while, so why didn't Webber turn his engine up then?
I was wondering the exact same thing :) Think that Webber was confident that teamorders would give him the victory.

I don't like team orders and love to see drivers fight even if they are teammates. For me such orders can be banned or even ban the entire radiosignal during official sessions.

But as teamorders are still allowed Vettel should have followed the direction of the team.

i find it quite ironic that so many people are jumping on Vettel's back about breaking team orders. if the situation was reversed and Webber broke team orders, i have no doubt loads of people would be on here saying things like "it was right that he did it, drivers should race not have team orders", "Vettel can only win when there's team orders," etc.

It was agreed before the race that after the final round of pit-stops, both drivers would hold position. Vettel went against that, which is going against his teammate and the team. Webber was in control, he said it himself.. he took his guard down and Vettel sneaked past. The team instructed Webber and Vettel to turn down the engines and look after the tyres. He was only doing what the team asked him. If the roles were reversed, well I still would say that it was the wrong thing to do. You saw how close they were to touching and losing 43 points for the team. Plus they have not got the best history have they? It could have easily been a repeat of Turkey 2010..

regarding what Vettel would've said if the situations were reversed, again i think it's ironic everyone calls him a crybaby when no-one on the grid spits dummies more than Mark 'The Man-Baby' Webber. how many times have we seen him throw his toys around in the past? slamming glasses of water down in a press conference, storming out of the press conference last year. the amount of immaturity he has for a man in his mid-30s is actually staggering.

Mark Webber is the most down to earth driver in Formula One. He speaks the truth and that's got to be admired. Vettel has thrown many tantrums over the years, and I dont think I need to list them for you. It's not immaturity from Webber, it's passion which is great to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes