2013 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hampus - you missed the point. It maybe a Octagon... Point is I've had official confirmation off a F1 employee that they only have 5 settings.

1 - lowest engine setting
5 - Highest engine setting

facts are facts, not a guess or assumption
ok so now it may be an octagon but only "5 faces, not 21, not 10." as you stated previously.
Great, so the rest are blank. One obstacle out of the way.

Ask them if it works in conjuction with other knobs. 1 could be engine setting.
2 for something else.

Maybe some interesting words for this case:

“Of course I ignored the team because I wanted to try and get a place. Seb was doing his best, I was doing my best. I wasn’t going to crash with anyone… Four or five laps to go, they started to chat to me about holding my position. I wanted the points but I also wanted to get some more points as well. I just wanted to race to the end and I’m sure if it had been the other way round it would have been like that as well.”
[Mark Webber, Silverstone 2011]

I was thinking about that too and I don't think ist has something to do with the switch on the steering wheel as it hasn't 21 diffrent settings.
I think 21 refers to the numbers on the car (Vettel 1, Webber 2) but I have no explanation about the "Multi"-part in the code.
Of course this is only speculation as well but I agree on your other points,

Correct about the 21 part.

I suspect the "multi" part means that they will both finish one place apart from each other - i.e. multiple drivers finishing one position apart from each other. Though I could be wrong, I can only speculate.

I would also guess that "multi 12" would mean both drivers finish one place apart from each other, only car 1 finishes ahead of car 2.

Malásia+13.jpg

According to this article Lewis was in fuel saving mode from lap 25

Dès le 25ème tour on m’a demandé de lever le pied parce que j’allais plus vite que prévu ! C’est incroyable, quelle bonne surprise pour nous. Si j’avais eu assez d’essence, je suis sûr que la situation aurait été différente. J’en suis même certain."

"From the 25th round I was asked to slow down because I was going faster than expected! It is amazing what a nice surprise for us. If I had enough gas, I'm sure the situation would have been different. I am certain."

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Hamilton-Nous-sommes-la-2eme-equipe-la-plus-rapide,58516.html

doesnt sound like multiple though Hampus Andersson, I wouldn't say that is "multiple 21". However, the only people who truly know are Red Bull, guessing that will be the main question at the Chinese GP
good find though

Edit:
How the hell do drivers move all of those buttons while driving at 200 mph :\

There are some reports in Australia which are doing the rounds that suggest there was a legitimate reason why Webber was put on the hard compound tyre first, then was put on the medium compound whilst Vettel was put on the medium compund first and hard compound second.

Firstly, they are saying that because the race started with both drivers on inter they didn't need to run both dry tyre compounds during the race. So people here in Australia are asking questions why Webber was not told to just stay out on the hard compounds, or why he wasn't fitted with another set of hard compund tyres when he was at the time clearly the fastest man on the track with them on.

The order of the tyre choice is also being discussed here in the media. They are asking why, if both drivers were put on one stint of hard compunds and one stint of medium compounds, Webber was put on the hard compounds first, and not Vettel. Some here believe that the Red Bull team were using Webber as a "test guinea-pig" during the race, because they didn't get a good enough chance to test these tyres out during free practice sessions on the Sepang track. They tested the hard compounds with Webber, and when they found that he was quicker on them than Seb was on the medium compounds, they made a decision to switch the tyres over at the following pit stop, where they put Seb on the hard tyres and Mark on the mediums.

Most reporters here in Australia agree that it was the right choice to put Seb on the hard compounds, but why not keep Webber on the hard compounds? They could have done this, because they both started the race on intermediate tyres. There are some motor sport reporters here in Australia who believe this was done deliberately to use Webber as a "test subject" during the race, in order to benefit Seb. Some reporters here have even suggsted that this "test subject" role may even be cruelly entered into Webber's contract.

Many reporters here believe Webber should not and will not re-sign for Red Bull next year. Some were critical of him re-signing new contracts with Red Bull two years ago, when he could have moved to Lotus (then Renault) or even Ferrari. They do not believe that Red Bull will ever let Webber win a Championship, even if it is proven over a season (sometime in the future) that he is faster than his teammate.

Reporters in the motor sports media in Australia believe Webber is good enough to win a World Championship, but he will never get that chance at Red Bull.

I don't think it was a conspiracy to be honest.

Teams didn't know anything about the way the tyres would behave. For some teams, hard tyres were wearing out faster then medium tyres.

Furthermore, it looks like Webber had only 2 sets of unused hard tyres, since the last set he got were used (I think, they looked used from the TV image), so an unused medium set would be better.

But who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play