2013 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite clear from the radio chatter and some gesticulating that Webber and Rosberg were not happy with their lot,
And after the race as well, which you MUST HAVE MISSED since you are so adamant they never assumed they were unhappy after the race.

team orders suck but unless you take away the actual drivers world championship it will never change. Single driver teams wouldn't work because you would have situations arise like if Hamilton (because let's face it Nico has now realised he is no.2 so would be out of a job if they went to a 1 man team) was behind Button do you think Mercedes would not use their influence on their customer McLaren?
This might just be the funniest thing i´ve read all week. Thanks mate.

It's all pantomime, they used codes to make the orders when anyone with a bit of knowledge of F1 would know what is going to happen in situations like that, they just like to pretend its not for those gullible enough like Hampus to believe the pre-programmed PR racing drones.
Prove it. Prove that it was a code and not a setting on the wheel.

3112313.jpg

And you once again completely dismiss that both Webber and Rosberg openly stated after the race that they were unhappy with not not winning/coming third.

For how long will you continue to ignore this? You´ll only make yourself look silly the more you ignore it.

Prove it. Prove that it was a code and not a setting on the wheel.
I was thinking about that too and I don't think ist has something to do with the switch on the steering wheel as it hasn't 21 diffrent settings.
I think 21 refers to the numbers on the car (Vettel 1, Webber 2) but I have no explanation about the "Multi"-part in the code.
Of course this is only speculation as well but I agree on your other points,

I was thinking about that too and I don't think ist has something to do with the switch on the steering wheel as it hasn't 21 diffrent settings.
I think 21 refers to the numbers on the car (Vettel 1, Webber 2) but I have no explanation about the "Multi"-part in the code thing.
Of course this is only speculation as well but I agree on your other points,
As explained by SkySports F1 & BBC :)

Prove it was a setting on the wheel and not a code ;) Those wheels go upto 5 on the McLaren's... Guessing the same for Red Bulls
But you see i never made a claim that it was a setting on the wheel.
You have two options, one is code, the other is a wheel setting judging by an actual picture of a button called Mult(i)
So i´d like to see anything that supports the other option seeing as he was so sure he knew exactly what it was. (random news article won´t do unless it´s a statement from the team)

Also, it´s worth noting that team orders are legal and that saying "Maintain position" is far more easier then screaming multi 21 as meaning webber should finish ahead of Vettel.
Like you know....what Mercedes did.

Hampus> I think the orange button in that picture you posted sums up your post, it was definitely FAIL. What's really bizarre is you've not only constructed a straw-man argument but you've done so with something you fabricated not something I said, its like you're now having an argument with yourself in a mirror. I made no reference to 'multi 21', if we take your picture as an example its clear that does not go up to 21 and for such a control to go up to 20+ digits the rotary would either be very large or the spaces between the settings so small as to make it extremely difficult to select a setting with complete confidence. They use codes to try and stop other teams working out what they are doing, I don't know why you don't understand that? As Dan said it was discussed by Martin Brundle on Sky and if anyone would have an educated guess his would be the one that would carry more weight with me, not some self proclaimed forum "F1 Statistics Guru". Martin also discussed the team dynamic at Mercedes and strongly suggested that it was Hamilton who was no.1 there and that he would be very surprised if he wasn't as he went into negotiations holding the trump cards - again ,not gospel but with his experience as a driver and driver manager dealing with contract negotiations its his opinion that would carry more weight than a forum "F1 Statistics Guru". I didn't say they were not unhappy after the race I said it was all nicely done with PR, no real emotion, statements made via the nice smoothing effect of the PR filter. There are no characters anymore, the closest we have is Kimi Räikkönen. I'm really not going to carry on discussing this with you as you've become irrational and quite emotional. I've posted my opinion, so I'm done now and have no need to get into a pointless debate with a keyboard warrior who can't handle anyone having an opinion different to his. Enjoy your evening.

I've thought about the Vettel/Webber incident for a bit, and as neutral in my thoughts as I've tried to be, the quote of a very famous man keeps coming to mind.

''I am not designed to come 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th, and if you no longer go for the gap, you are no longer a racing driver''

Hampus> I think the orange button in that picture you posted sums up your post, it was definitely FAIL. What's really bizarre is you've not only constructed a straw-man argument but you've done so with something you fabricated not something I said, its like you're now having an argument with yourself in a mirror. I made no reference to 'multi 21', if we take your picture as an example its clear that does not go up to 21 and for such a control to go up to 20+ digits the rotary would either be very large or the spaces between the settings so small as to make it extremely difficult to select a setting with complete confidence. They use codes to try and stop other teams working out what they are doing, I don't know why you don't understand that? As Dan said it was discussed by Martin Brundle on Sky and if anyone would have an educated guess his would be the one that would carry more weight with me, not some self proclaimed forum "F1 Statistics Guru". Martin also discussed the team dynamic at Mercedes and strongly suggested that it was Hamilton who was no.1 there and that he would be very surprised if he wasn't as he went into negotiations holding the trump cards - again ,not gospel but with his experience as a driver and driver manager dealing with contract negotiations its his opinion that would carry more weight than a forum "F1 Statistics Guru". I didn't say they were not unhappy after the race I said it was all nicely done with PR, no real emotion, statements made via the nice smoothing effect of the PR filter. There are no characters anymore, the closest we have is Kimi Räikkönen. I'm really not going to carry on discussing this with you as you've become irrational and quite emotional. I've posted my opinion, so I'm done now and have no need to get into a pointless debate with a keyboard warrior who can't handle anyone having an opinion different to his. Enjoy your evening.
Ooh lots of things here.

It's all pantomime, they used codes to make the orders when anyone with a bit of knowledge of F1 would know what is going to happen in situations like that,
You claim they used codes for something as simple as saying "stay in your place"
Again it doesn´t make any sense.
Or will you deny it´s about Multi 21?

Regarding the button. Yes it´s true, it looks like it has 10 faces.
But it could work in conjuction with another button. Like the one on the left side.

And "F1 Statistics Guru" was not done by me. One day i had that line so you can´t really claim it´s self-proclaimed.

Martin knows sh*t in reality because he´s not a RBR employee. You know sh*t as well and you make claims based on thin air and there´s nothing except news articles that would suggest Multi 21 is a code for finishing as intended.

"no real emotion" Ahh that´s nice, now you know them personally as well.
They are watched by millions on TV, drivers get heat for swearing, did you expect webber to punch him in the face? Get real.
Not sure how you got "emotion" and "Kimi" in the same sentence as well.

Lots of talk but no walk. As usual.

Same with the contract. "I read an article therefore it is the truth".

Maybe you forgot that Rosberg overtook Hamilton several times but got re-overtaken as many times.
If he had been any smarter he would have overtaken at the second DRS zone and would have finished in front of Hamilton.
But he kept trying and trying and trying and eventually Brawn told them to stop and finish the race.
Just like Red Bull did, the difference was Rosberg respected his teams decision.

You are the one calling names, and is clearly upset, maybe it´s because you at the end of the day have nothing to back up your claims with.

It would definitely explain the frantic wall of text you have given me.

But you see i never made a claim that it was a setting on the wheel.
You have two options, one is code, the other is a wheel setting judging by an actual picture of a button called Mult(i)
So i´d like to see anything that s4upports the other option seeing as he was so sure he knew exactly what it was. (random news article won´t do unless it´s a statement from the team)

"You have two options" So your now claiming its one or the other? :p

This argument will go on and on.

At the end of the day what happened happened. This is a forum, where a community should be able to come and hang out - not argue.

"You have two options" So your now claiming its one or the other? :p
Yea i can´t see any other option. If you have one let´s hear it.
What i don´t do is say "IT`S THIS anyone who knows anything knows this"
You have articles by reporters, not the team and then you have a button saying Multi.

I have to say i´m leaning towards a button called Multi which probably suggests that Webber cut down on fuel.
Which btw would be a great thing to use a code word for rather then legal team orders.

Yes, but educated reporters...
Btw the button actually says MULT not multi.

And they have 5 faces, not 21, not 10.
educated meaning plain and simple educated guess.
Again, they don´t work at Red Bull, they don´t know what that means.

Yes it says Mult but it could be as easily explainable as they could not fit the whole name without shrinking the text too much.

Sure you are looking at it correctly? It´s a knob. It has 3 faces shown outside, this means there´s at least 3 on the other side. And then at least two flat faces.

It´s at least an octagon.

educated meaning plain and simple educated guess.
Again, they don´t work at Red Bull, they don´t know what that means.

Yes it says Mult but it could be as easily explainable as they could not fit the whole name without shrinking the text too much.

Sure you are looking at it correctly? It´s a knob. It has 3 faces shown outside, this means there´s at least 3 on the other side. And then at least two flat faces.

It´s at least an octagon.
Octagon? Oh so you know people who work in F1 and have confirmed it? Nope - I do.

Oh so you do work at Red Bull?

Hampus - you missed the point. It maybe a Octagon... Point is I've had official confirmation off a F1 employee that they only have 5 settings.

1 - lowest engine setting
5 - Highest engine setting

facts are facts, not a guess or assumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back