Resource icon

Misc 2013 DRS zones 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
aagancia submitted a new resource:

2013 DRS zones - track mod

Read more about this resource...

aagancia, I am not sure, but it seems I just came across a bug in Spa-Francorchamps, where the first DRS zone seems to be available when there were no car in front at the activation line.

See two in-game screenshots I just took below this image:

DRSbugInSpa.png

No car in front (Iceman is 14 seconds away in P01, and I'm driving Nando's Ferrari in P02 at detection point 1):

DRSbugInSpa1.png

Once passed activation point 1, the DRS lights up (not that I don't like it, but... lol):
DRSbugInSpa2.png

Sorry for reporting this bug that late. I don't know if some one else reported it already.
Wuts up? (Where are you, and are you doing okay? Take care, alright.) :unsure:

aagancia, I am not sure, but it seems I just came across a bug in Spa-Francorchamps, where the first DRS zone seems to be available when there were no car in front at the activation line.

DRSbugInSpa.png

No car in front (Iceman is 14 seconds away in P01, and I'm driving Nando's Ferrari in P02 at detection point 1):

DRSbugInSpa1.png

Once passed activation point 1, the DRS lights up (not that I don't like it, but... lol):
DRSbugInSpa2.png

Sorry for reporting this bug that late. I don't know if some one else reported it already.

I have do a race in Spa and there is this little bug :)

Thanks for reporting this. I have not encountered this bug yet, but I will look into it. I'm sure a lot of people are racing on Spa now since its the next race in the calendar.

Sorry for not having updates on this mod for some time. I've been busy working on the new car handling, ctf files as part of the major update for the 2007 mod.

Will post a fix as soon as I figure it out.

Thanks for reporting this. I have not encountered this bug yet, but I will look into it. I'm sure a lot of people are racing on Spa now since its the next race in the calendar.

Sorry for not having updates on this mod for some time. I've been busy working on the new car handling, ctf files as part of the major update for the 2007 mod.

Will post a fix as soon as I figure it out.

Thanks! (Re-assured here, although I can't read all the threads so I didn't know you are working on 2007, thanks for taking the time to read my report) I wasn't sure it wasn't a temporary glitch at first, but I exited the game and re-started it to make sure, and it happened again, so it might be, indeed, a bug.

Sorry if i sound like an idiot for asking this, but if you fast forward during qualy and practice do the AI set times that are done using unrestricted DRS? Its just that before i installed this i was doing ok in qualifying and now im 2 secs behind, to be fair i may have just lost all my skill while i was asleep :)

Edit: It might be worth mentioning that Hungarian qualy worked fine (i did fast forward on that so maybe its not that :O_o:). Its the high speed tracks like Monza and Spa im having issues with

Sorry if i sound like an idiot for asking this, but if you fast forward during qualy and practice do the AI set times that are done using unrestricted DRS? Its just that before i installed this i was doing ok in qualifying and now im 2 secs behind, to be fair i may have just lost all my skill while i was asleep :)

Edit: It might be worth mentioning that Hungarian qualy worked fine (i did fast forward on that so maybe its not that :O_o:). Its the high speed tracks like Monza and Spa im having issues with

I honestly have not been using this mod to actually notice. It could be that the out of sight bug is amplified by this mod. It also makes sense that it will have greater effect on the high speed tracks.

Lets wait and see if those who use the mod regularly could say if they experience the same thing. In any case, you could play around this line in the ai_handling_config.

<corneringAccelerationCoefficent float="0.4" />

lower value makes AI slower out of sight. From what I've read, it should only affect the AI when they are out of sight.

I honestly have not been using this mod to actually notice. It could be that the out of sight bug is amplified by this mod. It also makes sense that it will have greater effect on the high speed tracks.

Lets wait and see if those who use the mod regularly could say if they experience the same thing. In any case, you could play around this line in the ai_handling_config.

<corneringAccelerationCoefficent float="0.4" />

lower value makes AI slower out of sight. From what I've read, it should only affect the AI when they are out of sight.
thanks I'll give that a go, great work by the way :)

The bug is gone in QR (Race Only). Amazing one again with the True AI, Semi Pro, Realistic Damage, No Session Legend, and this DRS Zones mods:

- Started in P06 behind Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg, Massa, and Raïkkönen

- Bug never showed up.

- Got ahead of Vettel 2 laps b4 first pit stop on lap 13/44, but been just a little careless at the pit-lane entrance and bang, lost front wing + got a (well-deserved) puncture of right side soft.

- CM's bug shows up: Pit crew puts on mediums, but they don't change the broken nose. :cry:

- Had to do a full lap of Spa without a front wing... :mad:

- Bug never showed up.

- Pit crew puts on softs + new nose.

- Out in P14, got up to P09 b4 pit stop on lap 29/44.

- Bug never showed up.

- Out in P11, got up to P08 behind Button on lap 38/44, couldn't overtake him on worn softs, him on still-good mediums.

- Chose to defend my position from Rosberg in P09 instead of risking another puncture.

- Bug never showed up = fixed! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The bug is gone in QR (Race Only). Amazing one again with the True AI, Semi Pro, Realistic Damage, No Session Legend, and this DRS Zones mods:

- Started in P06 behind Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg, Massa, and Raïkkönen

- Bug never showed up.

- Got ahead of Vettel 2 laps b4 first pit stop on lap 13/44, but been just a little careless at the pit-lane entrance and bang, lost front wing + got a (well-deserved) puncture of right side soft.

- CM's bug shows up: Pit crew puts on mediums, but they don't change the broken nose. :cry:

- Had to do a full lap of Spa without a front wing... :mad:

- Bug never showed up.

- Pit crew puts on softs + new nose.

- Out in P14, got up to P09 b4 pit stop on lap 29/44.

- Bug never showed up.

- Out in P11, got up to P08 behind Button on lap 38/44, couldn't overtake him on worn softs, him on still-good mediums.

- Chose to defend my position from Rosberg in P09 instead of risking another puncture.

- Bug never showed up = fixed! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
in qualy did you fast forward or skip at all?

Apparently, yes, they do. Massa is on primes, and I'm (Alonso) on options, and after fast forwarding, he's 3 seconds faster than me. I've seen this bug reported on CM's technical issues many times (fast-forward in these sessions make the AI times a lot faster than they should), so this may be hard-coded by them somewhere, and not necessarily related to this mod.

I'll try NOT fast-forwarding now in Q2.

yeah, they set times like they have had the DRS all through the lap

Before restarting Q2 at 10 seconds to go (P01: 0.8 seconds behind me = Hamilton, no fast-forwarding)
After restart of Q2, and after FFwrding, at finish (P14: 3+ seconds in front at P01 = Raïkkönen)

Hard-coded by CM (maybe because both Spa & Monza are the two tracks most casual gamers play with and CM wanted to force them to do them in full, in a twisted manner, like they often do... and since they removed FP1 and FP2).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.