Resource icon

Misc 2013 DRS zones 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Before restarting Q2 at 10 seconds to go (P01: 0.8 seconds behind me = Hamilton, no fast-forwarding)
After restart of Q2, and after FFwrding, at finish (P14: 3+ seconds in front at pole = Raïkkönen)

Hard-coded by CM (maybe because both Spa & Monza are the two tracks most casual gamers play with and CM wanted to force them to do them in full, in a twisted manner, like they often do... and since they removed FP1 and FP2).
Thanks for checking this out, i wonder if there's anything else we can change other than <corneringAccelerationCoefficent float="0.4" /> which doesn't seem to change anything for me.

Thanks for checking this out, i wonder if there's anything else we can change other than <corneringAccelerationCoefficent float="0.4" /> which doesn't seem to change anything for me.

I can't be of any help regarding this file, but I believe this is due to a piece of code that was added in by CM devs that does not depend on external variables, but directly hard-coded into f1 2012.exe or any other added-on module or something. Based on this belief, the only work-around is to not use the fast-forward feature, and do the entire session.

Maybe that's also why they said they added the possibility of saving the point where you're up to in any session in F1 2013?

Hardcoded stuff, when you do anything with the time in a session (reseting to garage or forwarding the time), the AI's times are getting much much faster than usual. It's a known issue, has nothing to do with DRS mod.

Yes. Might be some sort of multiplying routine that iterates through a buffer that holds all the ext. variables. Methinks (although I'm not good at all at predicting stuff) they will remove the fast-forward feature (since they always remove features that many gamers complain about, instead of fixing them), and give the possibility (probably bugged) of saving all variables at any point during any session.

We'll see (I'm not pre-ordering, that's for sure: too much secrecy).

On the simlulated times:

they are coded somewhere, I don't know where, but they can be altered, at least for legend difficulty. (haven't tested pther difficulties, could be possible there also)

here is how it works:
open database, navigate to the "track model" tab.
Find the column "hard_dry_lap_adjustment" and set the value you like. For example set "-2.0", and the simulated pole time (what happens when you fast forward) will be (roughly) 2 seconds faster.
Same goes for the "hard_wet_lap_adjustment", which controls heavy and light rain together.

BtW: really like your mod @aagancia

Nurburgring, Istanbul, Spa, and Monza seem to be the culprits of insane laptimes during accelerated time.

I'm going to play with @RowingAce 's suggestion to see if I can get these tracks adjusted so they're more fair under accelerated time (I know I accelerate time a lot so I hate when this issue comes up)

Love this mod aagancia!

I just tried it in Istanbul. fix from @RowingAce works well.

it doesnt't affect the race at all, cause in the race there is no time acceleration.
Sector times are weird, cause those stored times seem to be calculated with insane straight line speed and slow cornering, but what counts in the end is the overall laptime, doesn't it? ;)

Last edited:
On the simlulated times:

they are coded somewhere, I don't know where, but they can be altered, at least for legend difficulty. (haven't tested pther difficulties, could be possible there also)

here is how it works:
open database, navigate to the "track model" tab.
Find the column "hard_dry_lap_adjustment" and set the value you like. For example set "-2.0", and the simulated pole time (what happens when you fast forward) will be (roughly) 2 seconds faster.
Same goes for the "hard_wet_lap_adjustment", which controls heavy and light rain together.

BtW: really like your mod @aagancia
thanks man you really helped me out there! :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.