Resource icon

Misc 2013 DRS zones 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Salut Gilles How you are able to make Lap times Closer mate. Currently the Lap times are much having Much bigger gap. The Gap between P1 to P10 in Q3 is around 2 seconds or more some times. In Q1 the Gap between P1 to P24 is around 8 - 10 seconds

Well, it's complicated for me to explain, but here it is anyway. I am using a modded database in a 2013-calendar season, with 2012 car models (only their liveries look like the current season, and their bodies look like 2012). I do modify the database myself also, but not very often, so I use a 2013-season mods pack that was locked for some reason by the moderators here, a few weeks ago (I think it used other mods without proper permisions, but I can't recall exactly why), so I feel like I can't really refer anyone 2 it. Sorry for that. And I'm only racing in another modded INTERMEDIATE difficulty level, so to speak, but laptimes are also not always close (at every track), but at most of them.

Can't explain more (I just use the mods, I don't make them, and I mix and match many different downloads so I may be lucky in the end if it works fine 4 me).

Let me add, just as an example of how closer my laptimes are with this awesome 2013 DRS mod: I qualified 2nd in Q3 at Sepang yesterday, giving it all I could, only 0.026 s. behind Massa who got the pole, and all other 6 drivers behind us (the 2013 mod I use only allows drivers 1-to-15 in Q2, and 1-to-8 in Q3) qualified within a 1 second gap. I never saw that kind of closeness b4. That's why this mod really impressed me.

New, uh. Valencia had only 1 zone in 2012. Back in 2011 they had two zones but the drivers were not happy with that situation due to one detection point (so a driver could use DRS zone #2 even if he had already passed his opponent in zone #1).

Will you also make new drs-zones/drsrules for Valencia, or only for the 2013-tracks?

No, I would not be modifying valencia and hockenheim. Mainly because It would not fit well with the title of my mod post:D

But seriously, I would rather use the time to create DRS zones for real 2013 tracks like Nurburgring

Last edited:
Salut Gilles How you are able to make Lap times Closer mate. Currently the Lap times are much having Much bigger gap. The Gap between P1 to P10 in Q3 is around 2 seconds or more some times. In Q1 the Gap between P1 to P24 is around 8 - 10 seconds

It may also depends on your car settings, the difficulty level you play in, and which mods (or mods' mix you're using). After a lot of work at fine tuning my setup, I can show proof of how close my laptimes are. But first, my personal settings: Brake assist OFF, ABS ON, Tracking Control FULL, Penalties FULL, Damages FULL, System: Win 7 Gaming Laptop, DX11 Nvidia GT 435 M GPU (no SLI). FPS average 25, Personal Custom Keyboard map. Difficulty level: modded INTERMEDIATE (regularly adjusted through track_difficulties entries in database.bin, MEDIUM column).

Look at the Q1 session I just did in Catalunya here (laptimes not as fast as RL, of course, caused by factors like full tracking control, keyboard driven, and low FPS, AND bad driving habits from me self lol):
2013_DRS_mod_catalunya_Q1.jpg

And the final Q1 results were:
2013_DRS_mod_cat_Q1_results1.jpg

2013_DRS_mod_cat_Q1_results2.jpg

Note the fact that, because HRT cars (and drivers) are removed in the 2013 mod I'm using, Q1's qualified drivers from 1st to 15th will advance to Q2 (and Q2's qualified drivers from 1st to 8th will advance to Q1 later).

Keep tweaking and fine tuning your setup like I do and maybe u will get closer results 2. :cool:

Hello aagancia,
very very good job! Well done! I had a wish: Is it possible to change the nürburging DRS ZONE?
THX for this great Work!!!

Not wanting to reply for aagancia, but be patient, it takes a lot of work and testing, so it will be ready as soon as possible, if I understood aagancia well.

As a follow up on my qualy session's pics up thread, here are my current Catalunya's Q3 results (using his awesome mod):
2013_DRS_mod_cat_Q3_results.jpg

Not bad! :roflmao: (Never had them as close as this b4!)
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2013/897/7298/
Alright, 5-6 seconds slower than RL, but I don't care: I want competition (can't compete with RL lol).

It's the kind of professionalism I would expect from 'code masters' but they never deliver (so far), too busy adding gimmicks I never use. Why should I trust them this time?? :cry:

Completing DRS test in Malysia is impossible because u are allowed to use drs only while driving 2 drs areas even in practice session, where u are told to drive with drs open for at least ~45% of the track to get drs upgrade.

It can be easily solved by changing original triggers.xml file for that one session though, but i decided to let you know about it so u can fix it in future and to help solve this problem to someone who cares about that car upgrade.

Completing DRS test in Malysia is impossible because u are allowed to use drs only while driving 2 drs areas even in practice session, where u are told to drive with drs open for at least ~45% of the track to get drs upgrade.

It can be easily solved by changing original triggers.xml file for that one session though, but i decided to let you know about it so u can fix it in future and to help solve this problem to someone who cares about that car upgrade.

Yes, you will have an issue in that particular DRS test. It would be handy to have your original xml file in this case.

I don't think there's a way to modify the R&D objective. Not sure, have not really tried to look for it. Thanks for letting us know.

Excellent Mod!!!

this question has probably already been asked.. but i didnt see it when i skimed over some posts...

the game already puts a red line on minimap for 2012 detection points.
does any1 know a way to change that red line location to match these new 2013 detection points...

and is any1 tech savvy enough to put in say a green line for the DRS zone start points??

i had a search through game files myself trying to find the minimap images thinkin that would be a quick edit option put came up empty.

I noticed the red line too. But I have not tried to look for ways to add new ones yet for the new detection point. I just did not feel it was necessary.

Personally, I just take one look at the 2013 track map, see where the new DRS detection points are, then its difficult to forget where it is.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%