2012 World Touring Car Championship

Earlier today I thought: "How many tires have blown in that long right turn in the past? I really should say this in RD forum. Hmm, but no, don*t post such crap. That will definitely never happen nowadays and especially not today."

So I didn't post crap. I just didn't post.:laugh:
They really need to strenghten the flanks or something... But better finish this was hehe

So its still joke. ;)
As there is still something wrong that there is only one factory team. WTCC should make fair races.
Now there is only one real factory team so to protect the racing in the WTCC they should have "banned" the factory Chevy team.

So its still joke. ;)
As there is still something wrong that there is only one factory team. WTCC should make fair races.
Now there is only one real factory team so to protect the racing in the WTCC they should have "banned" the factory Chevy team.
Banning Chevy would have killed the series. The series is too expensive to run without factory teams. Moreover if Chevy was banned, Honda and Lada wouldn't join. I mean if you are a manufactor you are not interested in joining a series where the team that does the best job gets kicked.

rocky was chasing down spengler in the last 10 mins of the race, something came off spenglers car at paddock hill bend and after that he was just loosing touch with paffett. molina had a solid drive today, his tyre stragety payed off after he droped to 14th from the start

He cracked his front splitter so he lost around 7 tenths per lap the in the 13-14 last laps or so.
However i think he milked it slightly at the end to see if Martin could pass Rockenfeller, he was very close, just a few more laps :)

Great drive by Paffett however i´m not sure it was dominating, him and Spengler was neck and neck pace wise on track, the advantage Paffett had was that he was further up on the track ;) And even though he got a bad stop it was still almost a second faster then BMW´s worst stop.

Don´t think BMW ever went under 4 seconds in the pits. It´s a shame to lose almost seconds in the pits when you are fighting for hundreds on the track.

heres some pics from my vantage point at Paddock Hill, sorry if the qualitys bad
24y4eat.jpg

160zmf8.jpg

Its not Chevrolet's fault. That team puts in a lot of money and effort to create a super performing car.

Its the lack of factory input in other teams that makes the WTCC a joke. Its a world championship and besides Chevy they are all private owned teams.

So either the series should attrack more factory teams or just dump the WTCC and go back to a privateer series called ETCC on cool European tracks only and forget about those expensive oversees trips as nobody is interested in it anyways.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back