2012 World Touring Car Championship

Anyone know why they won´t run the full layout?
It´s not that much longer but i guess the speeds will greatly increase.

There are some pretty hairy but fantastic corners in the forrest.

I'm guessing the main reason is spectating. the Indy circuit is in a natural bowl which means the vast majority of it can be seen from most vantage points, and if my assumptions from watching races are correct, the forest section of the full layout has very little in the way of spectator facilities, if not none at all.

Race of Italy
Race of Spain
Race of Morocco
Race of Slovakia
Race of Hungary
Race of Austria
Race of Portugal
Race of Brazil
Race of the United States
Race of Japan
Race of China
Race of Macau

vmx4c6.jpg

Salzburgring :inlove:

one of my favorite tracks. This is going to be intense!
1000px-Track_map_for_Salzburgring_in_Austria.svg.png

I think it is the first time since the late 80s early 90s that the Salzburgring is again part of a Motorsports World Championship. I believe World Superbikes were there back then. I do remember great races in BERU Top-10, German Supertouringcar Cup (STW) and even those rather dull grids from FIA ETCC turn into awsome races at Salzburgring.

Spectators are always a part of DTM. They are not using the short circuit in Hockenheim since the new Grand Prix circuit was opened, because that has this Mercedes-Arena section after the Parabolica. However they neither use the Grand Prix circuit in Nürburgring because of the extra length. In Barcelona they also used the sprint configuration. Due to way how Valencia is designed it is not needed there.

When Red Bull started to be involved with the Salzburgring there were updates at several points. Obviously it has a Grade 2 status as it is allowed to host a World Championship race, otherwise they couldn't go there. I believed that it only has a Grade 3 sothat only European Championships can be contested there.
The biggest problem of the Salzburgring is that it may only host 3 racing weekends a year due to Austrian enviromental laws. Same for Spielberg.

This is not quite through though, as they use the short version of Hockenheim on every season finale.
That's wrong. The last time they used the Hockenheim short circuit was Round 1 of Season 2002. In 2010 only DTM used the National circuit which still included the Mercedes Arena for Round 9 of the season;)

Hockenheimring:
Old Grand Prix circuit as of 2001 - 6,825 km
current Grand Prix circuit - 4,574 km
National circuit - 3,736 km
Short circuit - 2,605 km
Short circuit with chicane - 2,589 km

That's wrong. The last time they used the Hockenheim short circuit was Round 1 of Season 2002. In 2010 only DTM used the National circuit which still included the Mercedes Arena for Round 9 of the season;)

Hockenheimring:
Old Grand Prix circuit as of 2001 - 6,825 km
current Grand Prix circuit - 4,574 km
National circuit - 3,736 km
Short circuit - 2,605 km
Short circuit with chicane - 2,589 km

Yeah I thought you meant the national layout when you talked about short-circuit

Wow, Tomczyk will be really angry with himself. He was pretty much instantly on p1 the whole qualy, then in q3 he had a 40,9 in his car and did an error on sector 1 and misses the top4 by not even 1 milisecond Oo
Farfus also missed a good chance to make the top 4, very interesting stuff today.

I wonder what's up with Timo Scheider lately, he was so consistent in the past ;(

Edit: Ok, Martin did an interview, he is pissed to no end :D

Wow that must suck to not be eligible for Q4 when you had an identical time as the 4th place :)

0.000 but still out :)

Paffett was on fire in the last session. I actually thought BMW would lock out atleast the first two spots but nonetheless they got a 3rd and 5th place which i guess is crap for the race but they are in the top half atleast.

The BMW´s were really fast here, but somehow it all fell right through when it really counted.

Oh well should be an interesting race tomorrow :)

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 118 70.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 34 20.2%