2012 World Touring Car Championship

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
The rumours are getting stronger that multiple WRC champion Loeb will enter the WTCC after his contract with Peugeot ends. Two weeks ago he already tested a Chevrolet Cruze on Rockingham, but also Subaru is also linked with Loeb

He said he feels like his era is coming to end very soon and that he doesn't want to make the same mistake like Schumacher did, when he retires it will be forever, that is why he stays in WRC for next two years at least, because his passion isn't over and he is still competitive, but he wants to end at the most glorious time too, I believe if he can do 10th title it will be sweet dot behind his rally career. He also said he lives for adrenalin and he would like to try 24 Le mans in Prototype car. After he does I really don't know where he could continue to fill the adrenalin addiction, since WTCC has never been as hard as WRC or endurance races.

UK based Touring Car team Special Tuning Racing announced that they are working towards competing in the 2012 FIA World Touring Car Championship with SEAT Sport works customer support. Team principal John Boardman and Technical Director Gary Robertshaw, visited the WTCC finale at Macau, where they met with SEAT Sport Director Jaime Puig and agreed the deal in principle for 2012.
Source

ford-focus-team-aon.jpg

Read an article (in Spanish) that said that Ford was confirmed to drive the 2012 compain of the WTCC. The team would be the Ford team from the BTCC which name I cannot remember.

Will look for the source

Update: got it, here
Update #2: Seems Gabriele Tarquini is rumoring himself as a potential driver for the team here

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back