1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 World Touring Car Championship

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Bram, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The rumours are getting stronger that multiple WRC champion Loeb will enter the WTCC after his contract with Peugeot ends. Two weeks ago he already tested a Chevrolet Cruze on Rockingham, but also Subaru is also linked with Loeb
  2. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Is it just me, or have I missed out something?
  3. He extended his contract with Citroen to 2013, after that he said himself he would like to enter Le Mans series
  4. Was surprised that he renewed for 2 more years, I just hope Ogier won't be better in the end.
    And yeah, he'll probably end up in a touring car, easier to drive at his age :tongue:
  5. Bram

Oops messed up. Hey it's French :)
  6. Senad, I don't think his age would be a factor in this... He is not 60 after all !
  7. Bram

Compared to Engstler and Tarquini he is just a kid :)
  8. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

What a waste of talent it would be :(
  9. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Agree, WTCC is nice to watch and all but Loeb belongs into his rallye car!
  10. He said he feels like his era is coming to end very soon and that he doesn't want to make the same mistake like Schumacher did, when he retires it will be forever, that is why he stays in WRC for next two years at least, because his passion isn't over and he is still competitive, but he wants to end at the most glorious time too, I believe if he can do 10th title it will be sweet dot behind his rally career. He also said he lives for adrenalin and he would like to try 24 Le mans in Prototype car. After he does I really don't know where he could continue to fill the adrenalin addiction, since WTCC has never been as hard as WRC or endurance races.
  11. I wasn't completely serious, hence the :tongue: at the end. :tongue:
  12. As Tarquini said... Even a 80 years old could jump in an S2000 and be decently competitive:cool:

You weren't really wrong in the facts. Peugeot and Citroen are part of the same group(PSA).
  13. Bram

UK based Touring Car team Special Tuning Racing announced that they are working towards competing in the 2012 FIA World Touring Car Championship with SEAT Sport works customer support. Team principal John Boardman and Technical Director Gary Robertshaw, visited the WTCC finale at Macau, where they met with SEAT Sport Director Jaime Puig and agreed the deal in principle for 2012.
  14. Bram

Read an article (in Spanish) that said that Ford was confirmed to drive the 2012 compain of the WTCC. The team would be the Ford team from the BTCC which name I cannot remember.

Will look for the source

Update: got it, here
    Update #2: Seems Gabriele Tarquini is rumoring himself as a potential driver for the team here
  15. Team AON, run by Arena.

Global Focus, nice!

Although didn't do so good this year compared to the lpg focus they ran last year.

No mention of drivers yet though... :(
  16. Bram

Actually driver is mentioned in an another article, just updated the first post with the link to TouringCarTimes
  17. no volvo then :(
  18. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Arena Motorsport Bram ;)
  19. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Might that mean that WTCC is the series that get's "saved" while WRC is slowly going back to the 80's then. SUrely Ford isn't going to commit to both?