2012 Red Bull RB8

No i think that their race pace is actually good.
They kept Hamilton for too long in Oz, Button had the best race pace out of everyone.

For Malaysia, the theory is that the rain had an effect on their exhaust.
But they do have tyre management problems because at Melbourne Button was complaining about vibrations during the race and I think it was quite early too. Their pace is good but not dominant (like RBR use to be) and with tyre management issue in such a tight grid will make it diffecult for a fast car.

I don't got a good and relaible source but the race edit of the Melbourne race from formula1.com has Button saying that. (Hamilton maybe did too but I don't remember)

Vibrations could mean anything really. They have no tire management issues. Mercedes has, Mclaren don´t.
The car runs it´s tires as long as everyone else, but at a faster pace.

Hamilton was out for too long in Oz. And in Malaysia his inters were absolutely dead, they showed a slow-mo shot of them in the rain and they had almost no tread left.

Regarding Merc, I stated last week that I didn't believe they won't sort their tyre problems in a week, and I was right. These tyres just don't suit their car at all - but it's still their responsibility to adapt, not blaming Pirelli at all.

Very sad to see Schumacher struggle like that in the race. I wonder how long it will be before Merc start murmurings about pulling out of F1.

RE: Tyre vibrations - it could be that Button just locked up very early, or that the wheel balance weights fell off, really. Button is the last person that'd wear out tyres.

Just a question about Sky vs BBC: obviously in South Africa we don't see any other logos other than Supersport, so I'm not sure who we get the feed from. But isn't Coulthard on BBC? Because we get our feed live.

So I am just wondering - if that is indeed the case - if it's allowed for them to send it live to other countries even though they're not allowed to show it live?

New front wing, piece of art.

dms1201my80.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back