2012 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few thougts on the race-

Passing - It's Monaco, so there isn't much racing, it's all about qualifying and surviving. Proof is the train stuck behind Heiki. Eventually, Button can't take it any more, presses the issue and ruins both their races :(. Perez only gets by because Heiki has damage, and was lucky to have the chance after spinning trying to pass earlier. If a car wasn't damaged or conceding, you can't pass.

L1 - Everyone knows how narrow the track gets going into T1, wasn't MS a bit optomistic trying to gain positions around the outside there? Grosjean was avoiding the Ferari. There was nothing he could do but move left, squeezing MS. MS gambled and ended up someplace where he shouldn't have been IMO.

Rain -I'im so glad the rain didn't come! RBR had a perfect strategy, given their cars' qually positions. Dry - Weber wins; Wet - Finger Boy wins.

Way to go MW, your a Monaco maven!

wait whats this "protesting" they are rambling about now with Red Bull?
They have a hole in the bodywork that Ferrari Mclaren and Mercedes feels is illegal.

just in front of the rear tire.
YSr3h.jpg

Instead of telling Alonso to let Massa they told Massa to back off :D Typical Ferrari :D

Yes, that's why he finished 4th right behind Alo... Oh wait.

Alonso was saving tyres, when he decided to push, he made 3 consecutive fastest laps and get right behind Hamilton and seconds away from Massa.

EDIT: I just feel bad for the way I wrote it, I'm very happy to see Massa in better shape and I would love to see him win again.

Yeah but look at the places he gained... I know taking the road was necessary I'm not arguing that, but why can he keep the places? The Stewards investigated it and saw nothing which is don't get at all.
He was already ahead of Kimi and MS, but Grosjeans car forced him to cut the corner, if it s not there, he would be behind Massa without the cut.

Schumi's fault on the start, you can't bloody go 3 wide at Monaco... The exact same happened in GP2. You can't put your nose everywhere, even if there is in theory a gap.
I'm gunna show you the same picture I sent my friend who claimed the same thing.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1338/spacevx.png

If you can't hold a line in F1, you shouldn't be there. Schumacher gave him a lot of space, his wheels were right against the wall. Grosjean did not have to force Schumacher into the wall like that as you can see.

P.S. It was 4 wide :D

Schumi was holding his line, nothing wrong with that. There was space for all the cars there, but Grosjean decided to "dance" around on his spot. Nothing against him, he just lacks experience. He did something similar at Melbourne.

I'm gunna show you the same picture I sent my friend who claimed the same thing.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1338/spacevx.png

If you can't hold a line in F1, you shouldn't be there. Schumacher gave him a lot of space, his wheels were right against the wall. Grosjean did not have to force Schumacher into the wall like that as you can see.

P.S. It was 4 wide :D
Doesn't change the fact that you just shouldn't go there. Yes Grosjean swerved, but even if he hadn't no way Schumi would have got away with it. T1 tightens.

You can't hold your line going into t1, someone has to yield and MS was behind.

The ARMCO juts out onto the race track and narrows the entry into T1. Even if RG stays a little farther right, MS would still run out of room. Too ambitious of MS taking that line.

Grosjean was already touching wheels with Alonso. He HAD to move to the left.

It was a normal racing incident, get over it.

IMHO Grosjean overreacted when moving away from Alonso and went way too far right (the picture posted a while ago is clear). In an instant, MS had his front tyre between RG's and the wall at the other side. He could not yield even if he wanted, had nowhere to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes