2012 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancy Hamilton, Kimi or Grosjean to conquer the twisty narrow track amongst all the yachts and sunshine? Then we’re heading toward a record breaking sixth different driver to win the sixth Formula One Grand Prix this season. People said before the Spanish grand prix that it would be great if the trend of a new driver winning each race would continue for the rest of the season, but they put it down by saying, “Of course this can’t be the case. For it to happen, drivers like Pastor Maldonado have to win”. And after the previous race weekend, they were only forced to eat their words.

Read the full Monaco Grand Prix 2012 Preview here

Teams & Drivers
Red Bull
Engines: Renault
1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Mark Webber

McLaren
Engines: Mercedes
3. Jenson Button
4. Lewis Hamilton

Ferrari
Engines: Ferrari
5. Fernando Alonso
6. Felipe Massa

Mercedes
7. Michael Schumacher
8. Nico Rosberg

Lotus
9. Kimi Raikkonen
10. Romain Grosjean

Force India
11. Paul di Resta
12. Nico Hulkenberg

Sauber
14. Kamui Kobayashi
15. Sergio Perez

Toro Rosso
16. Daniel Ricciardo
17. Jean-Eric Vergne

Williams
18. Pastor Maldonado
19. Bruno Senna

Caterham
20. Heikki Kovalainen
21. Vitaly Petrov

HRT
Engines: Cosworth
22. Narain Karthikeyan
23. Pedro de la Rosa

Marussia
Engines: Cosworth
24. Timo Glock
25. Charles Pic

2012 Standings
Click here

Circuit Name: Circuit De Monaco
Number of laps: 78
Circuit Length: 3.340km
Race Distance: 260.520km
Lap Record (race): 1.14.439 - M Schumacher
Real lap record: 1.13.532 - Kimi Raikkonen

Will be interesting to see who can get their setup right and do a good lap.

Will also be interesting to see how much slower they will be this year, i think the EBD played a big part in the quick Vettel lap (other then him doing a perfect lap of course)

Chris Jenkins

Driving til the wheels fall off
Will be interesting to see how Williams recover from their fire. I was glad to see that all of the other teams have offered to lend Williams any equipment that they need for Monaco.

Super Soft is same as last year so they can be up to 10 or 15 laps per stint
But Soft is the Major concern here we don't know how much they will be for a stint
I guess teams really need to keep 3 sets of fresh tires 2 Primes(Soft) and 1 Option(Super Soft)
I had a feel Lewis to win this GP but I'm not ruling out the Current Championship leader Sebastian though. I wish they both go toe to toe for points and any one of the both win the WDC

I'm going to make the unpopular/unlikely prediction of Bruno Senna winning. It runs in his blood to dominate this race, and with Williams winning last week who know? This season is unpredictable. My more likely prediction will be Alonso, he had a good race here last year and has been somewhat consistent being near the front of the field. Also for good measure I'm going to include Di Resta as my wild card pick ;)

I'm going to make the unpopular/unlikely prediction of Bruno Senna winning. It runs in his blood to dominate this race, and with Williams winning last week who know? This season is unpredictable. My more likely prediction will be Alonso, he had a good race here last year and has been somewhat consistent being near the front of the field. Also for good measure I'm going to include Di Resta as my wild card pick ;)
Well this season is unpredictable but if this happens i will say that this is predicted :D

But I wish Mclaren needs to stop doing blunders and RBR needs to get the Speed from here
I guess this is the only track which does not favor any team
No High speed corners No long straight's only the best team with the best package can win this Lengthy race

Last year's Race was kinda crap, red flag and new tyres allowed to replace the old ones near the end / ridiclous.
This! I still find it somewhat ridiculous that cars were allowed to change tires during the red flag period. In NASCAR, no work can be done on the car AT ALL during red flags, and was surprised to find out that this was not the case in F1. Totally ruined what was building up to be an epic ending last year.

One thing for sure This year proved two things
Lot of people said that Hamilton can't conserve tires and Vettel can't overtake
These two turned out to be false
As Hamilton Conserved Hard tires for 31 laps and Vettel was gaining places from back
What a change we had this season
Vettel who was always starts from front and fly away but we can see him starting from the 2nd row or 3rd row and charging for Win in the very near Future
Two best drivers are Developing their Skills at high

My money is on MSC, something big is brewing with him. Im feeling a win here or a heck of a crash. If the latter is the case im going Di Resta
With his 5 place grid penalty he'd almost have to qualify on pole to have a solid chance. I think last after the Spanish GP something inside of him might have... "snapped"... for lack of better words and we may see the old ruthless Schumi here who drives like a mad man which I hope does happen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000