2012 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never saw Sebastian in any of the celebration pictures and videos?

Is he being a sore loser? Mark was there for all of Seb's wins, even if it crushed him on the inside.
Or is the camera just not looking at him...
He sucks without EBD, end of story.

Im happy for Mark, the top 8 were my favs for the race win.
...and disappointed stewarts didnt do anything about Vettel cutting big time without slowing down, while everyone else braked went around, and kept it simple, bet you somebodyelse would of done that they would of gotten a 5 grid drop...so im not shocked at the stewarts decision, figures Mansell was "overlooking", what a scrub.

After i've watched the incident at the start, it seems that Alonso had contact with Grosjean before his contact with Schumi.

Edit: Look to Vettel how he easily moved behind Massa using the pit exit.

It looks like Senna used his telekinesis to move Kobayashi out of the way :)

Well, the camera I was going off of makes it look like there was plenty of space for Grosjean to work with, but when you see his onboard, it appears like it was out of his control.

It looks like Senna used his telekinesis to move Kobayashi out of the way :)

Well, the camera I was going off of makes it look like there was plenty of space for Grosjean to work with, but when you see his onboard, it appears like it was out of his control.
yes, especially when Alonso moved to the left suddenly! this will never change the result, but something should be taken, Micheal lost positions and stuck behind Kimi for a long time, this coast him the strategy that he was working on all the week!

Overall great race! Had to stop watching midway through because I had plans to go to the movies, but I left it recording and finished it as soon as I got back. The last 10 or so laps were really exciting. The slight rain that came down bunched up the first five/six cars and watching them race like that was really incredible. To see them after 70 laps run nose to tail with no mistakes really shows that these guys are the best at what they do.

Shame about Schumacher and the terrible luck he's been having lately. Maybe if it wasn't for the grid penalty he might have been challenging for the win. At Monaco, qualifying on pole means you already have the win within your grasps.

Oh, and Alonso is leading the points! :D

Now things got a bit clearer!

Romain wasn´t doing anything wrong really, just a touch that sent him off to Schumi.
However had it not been a touch by any driver Schumi would still have to back out because they were at one point 4-wide with everyone having their front wheel next to someone rear wheel.

_______________________Hamilton
_________________Alonso
__________Grosjean
Schumacher

Grosjean would most definitely lose out as well as it´s really not a 2-wide corner either.

Well, I found Monaco to be a bit boring compared to the previous races, but that's Monaco for you. Lots of tension, but in the end, nothing really happens. That's personal opinion though, and it was better than other years. A shame that it didn't rain sooner and harder, it might have spiced up things a bit.

Good race by Webber, holding first place at the start and never letting it go. Also good for Rosberg, Mercedes was pretty strong. And another podium for Alonso, which coupled with 6th from Massa might mean the Ferrari has improved. Vettel 4th, with a strategy that would have benefited from the rain a lot. 5th for Hamilton, again getting consistent results, but I doubt he's really happy with that. He's in for a win this season, at the very least, so it will come. Massa 6th, hopefully he gets to grips with the car and starts having good results from now on.

Force India got solid results with di Resta 7th and Hulkenberg 8th, not bad. Räikkönen was very disappointing, but he hadn't had the pace the whole weekend. Senna 10th, closing the points. Pérez 11th after a hellish race, it was entertaining watching him trying to overtake. Jean-Eric Vergne 12th, and what the hell was Toro Rosso thinking? They had a pretty comfortable 7th position, and they go in to take intermediate tyres in a ridiculous bet. They threw away a great result. Kovalainen 13th after holding up half the field for most of the race.Great driving from him, and it pretty much ensures Caterham stays 10th in the constructors championship. Glock 14th, also a good drive, and Karthikeyan 15th, not bad. Shame that de la Rosa was rear ended at the start, it would have been interesting since he was between the Marrussias in qualifying.

Horrible weekend for Button, he got stuck in the Kovalainen train and got a bit desperate at the end. He seems to lacka bit of pace right now. Also awful day for Schumacher, he got hit by Grosjean at the start (I'm surprised the car was still driveable after that) and then some fuel pressure problem. I expect the Mercedes to be good in Canada, so maybe he won't have to wait too long to get a revenge. Maldonado was again a hotshot, and went out at the first lap, ruining de la Rosa's race too. And Kobayashi was testing a new overtaking device, allowing him to jump around cars. Really good for Monaco, but it needs adjustements so he had to retire. Sadly, Pérez didn't have it. Now seriously, that must have hurt, with a jump like that his back must have got a big hit.

And Grosjean...just Grosjean. He seems awful when there's traffic around.

Lets see what happens in Canada. Hopefully a 7th winner?

what the hell. mclaren's pit crew. still disappointing. Hamilton's stop was more than a second longer than schumi's, meanwhile ferrari made 3.3 and 3.7 compared to hamiltons 4.3 stop. Mclaren need to tighten their crew up.

grats to mark, nico, and fernando. Also to kovalainen, hell of drive from him. Too bad about that first corner, schumi being too aggressive again IMO, he messed up grosjean and kobayashi's race with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back