2012 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sucks without EBD, end of story.
He did pretty well in 2008-2010. 80% of your posts seem to consist of bitching about Vettel and the EBD. What has the guy done to you to make you this mad? And the EBD is really like any other aerodynamic device. Why, for example, is an EBD unfair, but a double diffuser/double DRS/dozens of wings all over the car etc. are not?

...and disappointed stewarts didnt do anything about Vettel cutting big time without slowing down, while everyone else braked went around, and kept it simple, bet you somebodyelse would of done that they would of gotten a 5 grid drop...so im not shocked at the stewarts decision, figures Mansell was "overlooking", what a scrub.
Vettel was not the only guy doing it. And it is allowed to skip part of the track in order to avoid an accident. There is a precedent for this: at the start of the Singapore race last year, Nico Rosberg skipped some part of turn 1 in order to avoid a crash and wasn't given a penalty either. So why should Vettel get one now?

I don't particularly like Vettel either and I was also annoyed that he was extremely lucky there to be able to gain so many places. But just because I don't like him doesn't mean I need to give up objective judgment in favor of aimless complaints :rolleyes:

Vettel was not the only guy doing it. And it is allowed to skip part of the track in order to avoid an accident. There is a precedent for this: at the start of the Singapore race last year, Nico Rosberg skipped some part of turn 1 in order to avoid a crash and wasn't given a penalty either. So why should Vettel get one now?
Well, I had the same opinion at first which I posted here. But considering the following SC period the stewards had imo enough time to tell those drivers who cut Turn 1 to let the drivers pass. They could have expanded the SC by 2 or 3 laps to do it.

Especially in Monaco it is a huge advantage to pass one or two drivers easily like this. Image where Vettel would have been if he was stuck behind Räikkonen in the first stint.

However I'm not blaming Vettel, RB or any other driver who did this. It was the only sensible thing to do at that moment. It's the stewards I blame for not taking any further action.

You have to put that down to a racing incident. If those cars didn't use the pit exit and cut St. Devote, they would've been collected by Grosjean. Especially Vettel. He actually had to swerve that direction to avoid getting hit.

But he should have given up those places. Same happened with Perez in the chicane he cut the chicane also to avoid contact later in the race but he got the message to give that place back. Imo that should have happened the same as he won quite alot with it.

As Chris said, Vettel had no choice but to go right.
If it were on purpose he could have taken Massa as well but slotted in behind him instead.

It has to be said Vettel was probably man of the race here except for Webber.
He seemed to find pace while on race fuel and he kept up with the guys who ran super softs.
Had Kimi not created that train of cars you would probably have seen Vettel either winning the race or atleast been on the podium.

-
Basically it was Alonso that started it all, he created his gap on the expense of Grosjean and Schumacher, he pretty much forced himself into a gap.

I feel like sauber kinda got pooped on. no one's fault really but kobayshi's race got messed up at turn 1, and kovalainen out braked himself and perez but just made perez take the escape route.

Overall a frustrating race for me, I'm a fan of the lotuses, saubers, and force indias. Supposedly force india did alright but they were just nowhere this whole weekend. They were literally given 7th place by a stupid toro rosso. before that, where the hell have they been this season...a decent finish at bahrain due to a long strategy. I feel like they're my major disappointment of this season so far.

As Chris said, Vettel had no choice but to go right.
If it were on purpose he could have taken Massa as well but slotted in behind him instead.

It has to be said Vettel was probably man of the race here except for Webber.
He seemed to find pace while on race fuel and he kept up with the guys who ran super softs.
Had Kimi not created that train of cars you would probably have seen Vettel either winning the race or atleast been on the podium.

-
Basically it was Alonso that started it all, he created his gap on the expense of Grosjean and Schumacher, he pretty much forced himself into a gap.

I never said it was on purpose. He made the correct decision to avoid it. But then the stewarts need to look if he didnt made up to many places. imo.

He did pretty well in 2008-2010. 80% of your posts seem to consist of bitching about Vettel and the EBD. What has the guy done to you to make you this mad? And the EBD is really like any other aerodynamic device. Why, for example, is an EBD unfair, but a double diffuser/double DRS/dozens of wings all over the car etc. are not?
Because he won Championship's by Luck in 2010 and by Sheer Domination over all Major Driver's in 2011 with the EBD Simple Answer

I never said it was on purpose. He made the correct decision to avoid it. But then the stewarts need to look if he didnt made up to many places. imo.
I never said you said it was on purpose either.

They did look and they concluded that he did not gain to many places.
He almost had his race ended himself, there was chaos in T1, he did not go flat out in the off-track zone, he took it very easy then hammered it when he was on the track again.

Next time he should count the cars that were involved in the incident, analyze how many cars had their race ended and then let X number of cars past?

It´s unrealistic. He got almost collected himself so he took the only route available to him.

Maybe the Stewards didn't react properly after the start incident, cutting to gain positions while they should slowdown!?!it was under investigation but they did nothing!they should give back positions.

Wich again i dont disagree. He took avoiding action wich was indeed the best thing to do at that moment. But then they also should look if he didnt gain a place because of that.
Because he got the place of Raikonnen for sure. :)

Yes, a "Restart" its the best solution for such incidents,so why not...putting all the effort on the weekend for what?!?for nothing!? they should work more on the rules to get it fair enough.

I don´t like the attitude of Martin Titmarch at all...

For Hamilton, not one race have they provided him with a no-problem race.
Not a single race yet.

Not once has he said "yea the team has been doing an absolute :poop: of a job this season"
"We seriously have to step up our game here if we want to win the championship"

Instead it´s like "whatever, who cares, we can still win this championship"

No Martin, you will not win this championship because you are effectively checking some sort of list on how to F up your drivers in different ways all the time.

• Force driver to stay out too long, looses positions.
  • Underfuel the car.
  • Can´t put on the right rear tire for 3 or 4 races. Same bloody tire everytime.
  • Distract your own driver by dropping pit-board letters on his helmet.
  • Not having enough communication, not letting Ham for example know that Vettel is looking for a gap so it´s time to really push.
  • Messing up the start big time, thankfully Ham could keep position.
  • Doesn´t remove the old tire so Ham runs over it.
  • Consistently the wrong strategies, except once.
All of this in 6 races. Normally this would be all of the mistakes a team does OVER A GOT DAMN SEASON, Martin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back