2012 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying Vettel wasn't wrong. I'm just saying that because it was Alonso the penalty was decided only after 3 laps. Basically we've seen too many incidents during the season but none of them was penalized so fast. What could happen if instead of Alonso it was Hamilton?

That Vettel would get death penalty, according with the favouritism FIA has for Hamilton.

Anyway, what you say about a conspirative fast decision makes no sense because when VET got penalty, Alonso was ahead of him by more than one second.

That Vettel would get death penalty, according with the favouritism FIA has for Hamilton.

If this was 2011 and the supposed FIA favouritism for Vettel (it's kinda funny that each year FIA supposedly favors the driver leading he championship), Alonso would have probably been sniped on the spot.

On a more serious note, since Barhain, these moves are penalized. If you add on top of this the manouver as seen onboard Vettel's car, plus Grosjean's demolition derby in Spa, it only makes sense that they'd penalize a situation where one driver could have been in serious trouble in case of an accident.

Man of the race - Perez.

You could almost see the 2013 contract being signed right there ;)
No but having this on your resume is wonderful.
Sauber car is wonderful. Very kind on the tires, probably in it´s own league most of the time but still very aero-efficient and very good in the reall high speed turns.

Perez ability to take care of tires just adds to it really.

Also a much needed win from Hamilton, 10 more laps and his tires would have probably been gone but he shows again he can do more then simply go fast.

Scary thought: This season on Bridgestone´s. Hamilton would have destroyed people.
Not just on a lap but a whole race stint.

Great race, incredible drive from Alonso to get on the podium. He has a pretty good grasp on the standings now after the shake up from last week at Spa.

Championship contenders were all over the place today, Vettel had his engine problem and the drive through penalty, Webber had his tyre problems, and Button had his engine give up as well. I feel bad for Button, he had given himself a revival for the championship run with the win last week but with this DNF his championship hopes are essentially over by being over 70 points behind Alonso.

Perez! What an amazing drive! Surely if the race was a few laps longer he might have given Hamilton a run for his money. In a race where Massa manages to secure a 4th place, Perez goes ahead and gets on the podium.

It will be interesting to see where the Hamilton contract talks go from today. This win surely gives him some ground to demand better pay and whatnot.

I posted this in an other thread, I think Perez should be at Ferrari next year

I think Hamilton will go to Mercedes, than Di Resta to McLaren. maybe Kovalainen to Force India, he really deserves a better ride.
Yeah and Ferrari.. I don't know. Maybe Perez to Ferrari and Robin Frijns in the Sauber, since it's rumoured he can test for Sauber in Abu Dhabi, (although he and Sauber deny that).. (But Sauber has been known to take younger talented guys in their cars)

And Schumi as teamboss at Ferrari and Massa maybe to some South American stock car series..

With regard to Vettel's penalty - to be honest I don't think it's very consequential. Whether Vettel had been given a drive-through or not, his engine was still failing and he would have retired anyway.

On the other hand, if the stewards had waited until after the race to give a penalty out, then it would be a very different story.

I think they are going to bring a bigger upgrade to Singapore.
But I'm quite happy with tha car's performance in the last two races.
In Spa they (I mean of course Alonso) would have been fighting with Vettel and without the troubles in quali I guwss Alonso would have fought with Hamilton and Button over the victory today.
word.
what also makes me laugh are all the whining about how Vettels drive thru was "harsh" it wasn't, although similar moves as from last year, it was a lot different situation, movement, AND regulations from last year....the people trolling the BBC comment section is a laugh. Regardless of a red silver or pink car, the move was broken udner regulations or whatever, in the end it doesnt matter he is out, and I hihgly doubt the move had anything to do with his alternator.

Plus i rather take a penalty, than a 5 place grid drop or something even worse after the race. SO either way, taking thepenalty then was better than takign one in Singapore, which isnt a very good track to overtake....but this year that might change.

Obviously people are going to cry about it. I know Alonso said they will bring a major upgrade to Singapore.

and for the people saying why LH was booed....well simple answer: he shouldnt have won :laugh:

I don´t agree Sergio. Ferrari really needs someone able to score points for the team on a regular base, what Massa is doing is bullshit and that is wht Ferrari is third (thanks to Alonso) in the Constructors champ.

Trulli did never the Massa work on Renault, and neither Fisichella. But if your team mate is better than you, it is not his or the team ´s fault, and the only think you have to do is admit it.

I don´t agree Sergio. Ferrari really needs someone able to score points for the team on a regular base, what Massa is doing is bullshit and that is wht Ferrari is third (thanks to Alonso) in the Constructors champ.

Until here, I agree with you, but ...
Trulli did never the Massa work on Renault, and neither Fisichella. But if your team mate is better than you, it is not his or the team ´s fault, and the only think you have to do is admit it.

If that is the mission, I think for Perez would be a waste of talent. Webber or Button would be better.

And Fisico worked many times for Alonso in his both titles.

Anyone watched the grid walk when they met the Texan guy that owned the COTA?
It was like he was a salesman or something. Really felt like an alien on european soil lol.
Probably a nice guy but so much in your face and so much talking and when they said he used to run for President it all became clear ;)

I was a bit disappointed to read that the Italian fans booed Hamilton when he was on the podium. Just shows a bit of a lack of sportsmanship and them being sore losers. After all, the British fans didn't do it to FA either when he won in Silverstone last year :thumbsdown:

I was a bit disappointed to read that the Italian fans booed Hamilton when he was on the podium. Just shows a bit of a lack of sportsmanship and them being sore losers. After all, the British fans didn't do it to FA either when he won in Silverstone last year :thumbsdown:
It´s nothing personal towards Lewis though, it happens to everyone not wearing red.

the Italians have a special nickname for Hamilton. "il phenomeno"
After his Monza 2008 charge so they very much respect what he can do behind the wheel, they just don´t care about other people then Ferrari Alonso, noticed they barely care about Massa.

Edit: It was when he first came on the scene and matched a 2-time world champion and for his wet weather skills (i.e Monza 08 for example)
So the respect is there, it´s the one they fear the most :)
Problem is his suit isn´t red. If it were red they would go bonkers all of them.

And Fisico worked many times for Alonso in his both titles.

Of course, because Alonso ALWAYS outpaced Fisico, and for common sense theteam decided to do what was more interesting for them in the case Fisichella was ahead for any reason... that happened few times during the season.

So what would you do if you where the Ferrari owner Sergio? Massa has 47 points and Alonso, who is fighting for the title has 179. Alonso won some races and Massa could have been at least in the podium or even second, but he proved he doesný have the pace to be there.

I would bet my money that Perez would have the same role than Fisichella or Trulli if he was at Ferrari, scoring good points for the team but outpaced by Alonso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes