1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by Bradley Vanian, Sep 4, 2012.

Who will win the Italian Grand Prix?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2012.
  1. Sebastian Vettel

2. Mark Webber

3. Jenson Button

4. Lewis Hamilton

5. Fernando Alonso

6. Felipe Massa

7. Michael Schumacher

8. Nico Rosberg

9. Kimi Raikkonen

10. Jerome D'Ambrosio (replacement for Grosjean)

11. Someone else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Length of lap: 5.793km
    Lap record: 1:21.046 (Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari, 2004)
    Start line/finish line offset: 0.309km
    Total number of race laps: 53
    Total race distance: 306.720km
    Pitlane speed limits: 60km/h during practice; 100km/h during qualifying/race

Changes to the circuit since 2011

► The wall on the driver’s right approaching Turn One has been moved closer to the track and an additional marshal post provided 150m before Turn One.
    ► The track has been resurfaced from the exit of the Ascari chicane (turn 10) to a point after the exit of Parabolica (turn 11)..
    ► The pit wall fence has been renewed.

Event Times (Local Time)
    Practice 1 - Fri 10:00
    Practice 2 - Fri 14:00
    Practice 3 - Sat 11:00
    Qualifying - Sat 14:00
    Race - Sun 14:00

2004 Pole Lap at Monza. Fastest ever Formula One Lap
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Will be interesting to see if RBR can go the other way like they did last year.

Enough downforce to make up for it in the turns while suffer some on the straights.
    Usually that doesn´t work at all at Monza so it was a nice contrast to see.
    It was really do or die for him as well, had Alonso stayed in the front it would have been like Hamilton/Schumacher pretty much.

Also great that it´s just a couple of days until we get our next fix of F1.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DRY Weather all the weekend was another good thing
    And i believe Lotus will use its DDRS here to gain Massive Speed Advantage
    But Can't count out RBR
  4. I can't anymore. An admin will need to make one.
  5. Make a Thread with Pole and Ask Admin to Merge it with this one
    It will be easy for him
  6. @Tom Endres

EDIT: Thanks.

Poll not added though, will close just before Qualy hopefully if it is added.
  7. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Hm didn't work and both the poll and thread are gone. Could you set up another one? I'm sorry, I guess I selected the wrong thread as target by accident. :(
  8. You selected the correct one, because the post in it (which was me tagging you) came here.

I'm away now.
  9. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

But the poll isn't in here. I thought the same but I guess XF doesn't import the poll, only the posts. VB is importing both.
  10. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Poll is up.
  11. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Wasn't merged, I recreated it from scratch - post by post. ;)

Have fun! Despite me hating Monza I'm still hoping Lewis is making it to the finish line this time.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Well I too want Lewis to finish this race Except his Master class Win in Hungary and a Low Point Finish in British GP He had awful DNF's Since Valencia as None of them are his fault
    But i'm Counting on RBR and Vettel as usual
  13. Just to let you know, you can know just tell me when things need fixing in the F1 section.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I think it's between Schumacher (Spa showed again that they have great straightline speed (will be terribly slow through Parabolica though)), Hamilton (best car & strongest engine) and Alonso (Ferrari always make a special effort for Monza).

I just went with Schumacher :)
  15. By the way, the "unknown Lotus driver" has now been confirmed as Jerome D'Ambrosio
  16. I don't think RBR can try it the other way around this year. I would expect them go arrive in damage limitation mode this year. Their car just isn't that dominant in the corners like last year and they still have problems in top speed.

I guess it will look similar to Spa: Mclaren in front and Ferrari, Lotus and RBR close behind them. Also i expect something to see from Sauber again.

Lotus is btw not using DDRS at Monza
  17. Yup i would have changed it but i don´t think i have gotten all the privileges yet.
    Bram is a busy man so maybe in the coming days i can be fully involved in the F1 section.

Nice title huh? :)
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Oh, I checked Formula1.com prior to creating the poll but he wasn't listed. Changed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.