2012 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was kind of payback for Spa from the first three.

Vettel's penalty was deserved. Compare Alonso's onboard from this year and the situation from last year.
It is cleary that Vettel pushes ALonso too far and left no room at all. Just imagine what happend when Alonso crashed with 300kph staight into the wall.
Last year Alonso did gave Vettel room and even moved a little bit over when he saw that Vettel was in the gras.

Great drive from Perez and great passes on Kimi from him. Great strategy from Sauber of course too.

Hamilton was flawless and the only guy that didn't had technical issues this weekend and that was the key for the win, because I think Alonso could have challanged him without his problem in qualifing.

Massa did a great job too. I would have loved to see him on the podium and soaking up the atmosphere like Alonso did. The team order is a shame, but it was the only senseble thing to do for Ferrari.
But even without the team order it would have been a hard job to finish 3rd because his tires were degrading much faster than Alonso's.

Well that was kind of payback for Spa from the first three.

Vettel's penalty was deserved. Compare Alonso's onboard from this year and the situation from last year.
It is cleary that Vettel pushes ALonso too far and left no room at all. Just imagine what happend when Alonso crashed with 300kph staight into the wall.
Last year Alonso did gave Vettel room and even moved a little bit over when he saw that Vettel was in the gras.

Great drive from Perez and great passes on Kimi from him. Great strategy from Sauber of course too.

Hamilton was flawless and the only guy that didn't had technical issues this weekend and that was the key for the win, because I think Alonso could have challanged him without his problem in qualifing.

Massa did a great job too. I would have loved to see him on the podium and soaking up the atmosphere like Alonso did. The team order is a shame, but it was the only senseble thing to do for Ferrari.
But even without the team order it would have been a hard job to finish 3rd because his tires were degrading much faster than Alonso's.

But why wasnt Di resta not penalized? It wasnt even investigated i believe. I find that really weird. As Senna easily could have lost it as and spun into the wall. :)

But why wasnt Di resta not penalized? It wasnt even investigated i believe. I find that really weird. As Senna easily could have lost it as and spun into the wall. :)
Agreed, Di Resta clearlly defended the inside first, and then went back to racing line, without leaving car width space. This isn't allowed in 2012.
I'd like to see Vettels onboard, so we can see what he does in response to Alonso's attack.

***Spoiler*** (just in casel lol)

Great drive by Lewis... apart from that not the most interesting race I`ve ever seen but good to see it live. :)

A Bad in Office for Redbull but Lewis and Perez drove absolutely Fantastic race
Alonso had a Beautiful race as he extends his advantage over Lewis by 37 points
But Due to today's performance of Redbull i think they are going to Comeback very strongly

A Bad in Office for Redbull but Lewis and Perez drove absolutely Fantastic race
Alonso had a Beautiful race as he extends his advantage over Lewis by 37 points
But Due to today's performance of Redbull i think they are going to Comeback very strongly
umm RBR have always been slow in low downforce tracks such as this. They still have a chance to comeback given the rest of the upcoming tracks suits their car very well, but without teams having EBD this year, is it yet a big unpredictable results.

Mclaren had its advantage in this tracks, but we all know they aren't the strongest (given past seasons) in most of the upcoming tracks, especially them also not having ebd as most teams did last year.

Ferrari can only hope Alonso playhs his cards rigth and in-race situations give him some advantage, else they are gonna have to bring updates non stop to each track.

The penalty was right, now this is not bashing Vettel or being a fan boy. After the SPA crash montage at turn 1, the stewards along with the "pro -ex driver" helper, decided to take less time in investigating, will be more punishing and less forgiving, and also said that they have every single driver "under probation" to keep from stupidity (Grosjean) from happening again, especially obvious driver/car risky manouver. In 2011 the left front wheel of Vettel touched the grass but it wasn't to the extent of what we have seen today. Eventually Alonso still managed to pass him, but penalty or no penalty he still DNF the race.

umm RBR have always been slow in low downforce tracks such as this. They still have a chance to comeback given the rest of the upcoming tracks suits their car very well, but without teams having EBD this year, is it yet a big unpredictable results.
I don't think EBD can make a Difference for RBR they just slow on straights and They are pretty much competitive with out that also
But YES This is Unpredictable Season

I don't think EBD can make a Difference for RBR they just slow on straights and They are pretty much competitive with out that also
But YES This is Unpredictable Season
EBD or whatever magic that worked for Vettel clearly didn't give him the edge, 2010 was so so, 2011 magistic, but today, im starting to question how the RB car works really. its a maze.

I saw Ron Dennis and a ot of Mclaren people forcibly smiling, they werent so happy today and neither yesteday, even with the drivers. Now I know they get paid to race and not smile at the cam, but still with a win, there is a very unsettling mood and atmosphere over @ Mclaren.

Alonso owns Singapore, as he proven himself over a dominant RB car in 2010, apart from the previous 09 08 races, so my money goes for him as a win if not pole, I just hope it rains, I want to see that track wet @ night with electric fire goinn off :p (jk)

Penalties are a joke in F1, there isn't much to talk about this. They have been always super unconsistent.

Singapore should be a good track for Red Bull and maybe for Lotus as well, low speed corners suits better for the Renault engine.
I see a distinct difference between Senna and Alonso.
Also was next to Vettel, at least his front wheels were early next to Vettels rear wheels.
While Senna just drove into a gap which was already closing without driving next to Di Resta.

Ferrari can only hope Alonso playhs his cards rigth and in-race situations give him some advantage, else they are gonna have to bring updates non stop to each track.
I think they are going to bring a bigger upgrade to Singapore.
But I'm quite happy with tha car's performance in the last two races.
In Spa they (I mean of course Alonso) would have been fighting with Vettel and without the troubles in quali I guwss Alonso would have fought with Hamilton and Button over the victory today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes