2011 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure, Vettel is going to be champion before this season is over; hell, he could do it with the magic nine victories or even come close to Schumacher's 2004 record.

Before you know, there will be drastic changes to the formula.

Dominate win for Vettel. Going into this weekend I was not expecting Red Bull to podium and here Red Bull+Vettel just dominated Monza. Great setup strategy from the team and a great drive from the young German (who absolutely schooled Alonso on his pass on the 5th lap and then proceeded to run away). Also an interesting battle between Hamilton and Schumacher. Most of the time Schumacher battled hard but battled within the allowable limits. But there was a couple of times where Michael appeared to make more than one move. His battle with Schumacher definitely cost Lewis 3rd place. However kudos to Hamilton for maintaining his cool during the battle and finishing the race with no carbon fiber on the track.

AH of course the hate towards Ferrari from Mclaren boys. rofl its ok Alonso took the win and smiley and ticket money from the british fans @ silverstone. thats funny, its ok. I laughed so hard when they booed Vettel, but Jenson didnt really need a boo. And yet the crowd still booed even more @ Vettel after the champagne celebration...i presonally would of thrown a rock at him. ANyways. Great race from Jenson and Fernando. Good defensive from Schumi even if he blocked Lewis twice, michael is michael. Its kidn of bad seeing Webber with a DNF, couldnt they have hit Vettel instead of him? Anyways look forward to Singapore and thats it. After that every other track is RB proof. Come on FIA stop making the changes til next season. hack car with the reliability excuse. @ least Mclaren dont exploit it hardcore and Ferrari stays within the rules, give them props for that.

Alonso on his pass on the 5th lap
if by school u mean that nice blown diffuser that helped Vettel to be fast and stable? riiiiight. Vettel wouldnt even be up there if it wasnt for the car.

no1 is at fault, Great Drive from everyone there.

Vettel done good and a nice overtake to Alonso on turn 3, Alonso done good, very good action by hamilton and schumacher tho, MSC got his mojo back? i find he was abit to cocky in this race, and JB done good, he deserved that 2nd place.

Great Action Great race, what a shame about the poor start with Liuzzi wiping out 3 cars in total, what possessed him to go on the grass to overtake? he could have easily let go of the throttle and hang back.

And now Lewis too? 7 laps and 4.5 secs to Alonso!!!
hmmm early victory cheer maybe? :cool:
All the people saying "See - vettel can overtake" - yeah he made 1 overtaking manouvre
haha yes only one. they are RBR fanboys that were once Ferrari or Mclaren fans but switched.I have seen much braver and daring on going passes from Alonso back in Renault, Jenson back in the Brazilian GP of 2009 and Lewis of course countelss of time. And people bow to Vettel for a single pass? rofl. He is overrated this days, its ok though they only surive as an energy drink company. They would be nowhere without Adrian Newey. Lets just hope the FIA really revises and doesnt overlook any loopholes they might try to exploit.
This just proves more to me that Jenson is clearly the better driver in the McLaren team.
Thats because he doesnt need to worry about hi s"celebrity" status. Thats all i have heard this year from Lewis. I know talent leads to being famous but really...he needs to focus 100% on the race and not let his ego take him over. Jenson reminds me a bit of Mika. Quiet the gentlemen and a true racing driver.

By the way stop hating on Alonso, he has gotten to the podium more times this year than most so far. Thats without the FIA and or without someone chattering on the radio "he is faster than you" or "maintain the gap". He has ben able to score points in a Ferrari that isnt that competitive in Qualifying, cold tracks and the lack of bringin heat to those Hard tyres. Remember how he still won the 2006 even after Ferrari whined about the mass dumpers or w.e the hell was called. Remember still of who was running the team, Favio or flabio w.e his name is. Alonso was simply racing not designing or making the calls.

All the people saying "See - vettel can overtake" - yeah he made 1 overtaking manouvre. Thats it - 1. Jenson's race once again far more impressive after a poor start.

This just proves more to me that Jenson is clearly the better driver in the McLaren team.

Vettel - despite he has a great car and bla bla... perfect driving again, deserved world champion and probably won't be the last one, he's not the best under pressure but if he gets 1 sec over you he never makes a mistake. By the way, he didn't need to risk overtaking Alonso on the outside but he did just to show he's a racer and is not his fault the others can not be as fast as he is. We all liked him when he won with the Toro Rosso, there is no reason to hate him now only because an incredibly annoying celebration style :tongue:

Button - as I'm saying through the years, for me is the best one feeling the car and driving it fast and gently. He's not aggressive because he doesn't need to, look to the overtakes today, so clean that looked easy, is like dancing with an F1. I want to see Button one day on LMS, he's ridiculously perfect for that.

Alonso - what to say... incredible start, fantastic pace for his car, defended on the limit but always clean and made a podium in a place where is a must for Ferrari. For me not the fastest, not the best overtaker, not the best in tyre management... but the most complete driver and therefore the best in the grid nowadays (excluding Schumi's old days).

Hamilton - I always thank F1 gods for having this guy on the grid. Schumi played hard on him today, he suffered like Petrov did because of him before but not just one time. Like Pedro de la Rosa said in Spanish TV, stewards are always 20 laps late, because when they should be warning Michael for waving they were investigating T1 incident.

Schumi - Michael is always defending on the limit, but Barrichello never crashed into the wall and Hamilton never went into the grass because of him, I'm sure he's very conscious of what he does and where the real limits are. He knews his chances of podium today where in holding as many rivals as possible and this time I think he went to far with Lewis. Anyway for me the best ever, he just didn't die young in a dramatic accident.

-----

Jaime - I want to see him with a faster car. His best result ever, and overtook his teammate in the championship. Very well done.

Vettel - despite he has a great car and bla bla... perfect driving again, deserved world champion and probably won't be the last one, he's not the best under pressure but if he gets 1 sec over you he never makes a mistake. By the way, he didn't need to risk overtaking Alonso on the outside but he did just to show he's a racer and is not his fault the others can not be as fast as he is. We all liked him when he won with the Toro Rosso, there is no reason to hate him now only because an incredibly annoying celebration style
tongue.png

Button - as I'm saying through the years, for me is the best one feeling the car and driving it fast and gently. He's not aggressive because he doesn't need to, look to the overtakes today, so clean that looked easy, is like dancing with an F1. I want to see Button one day on LMS, he's ridiculously perfect for that.

Alonso - what to say... incredible start, fantastic pace for his car, defended on the limit but always clean and made a podium in a place where is a must for Ferrari. For me not the fastest, not the best overtaker, not the best in tyre management... but the most complete driver and therefore the best in the grid nowadays (excluding Schumi's old days).

Hamilton - I always thank F1 gods for having this guy on the grid. Schumi played hard on him today, he suffered like Petrov did because of him before but not just one time. Like Pedro de la Rosa said in Spanish TV, stewards are always 20 laps late, because when they should be warning Michael for waving they were investigating T1 incident.

Schumi - Michael is always defending on the limit, but Barrichello never crashed into the wall and Hamilton never went into the grass because of him, I'm sure he's very conscious of what he does and where the real limits are. He knews his chances of podium today where in holding as many rivals as possible and this time I think he went to far with Lewis. Anyway for me the best ever, he just didn't die young in a dramatic accident.

-----

Jaime - I want to see him with a faster car. His best result ever, and overtook his teammate in the championship. Very well done.
word up. and no its not classless fanguy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back