2011 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. even tho F1 is a sport where innovation and reliability plays a big part, it has also become a sport to see which team can find the loopsholes in the regulations and exploit them to the maximum, which isnt fair at times, but thats the nature of the sport.
Thats what happens when there is too much regulation in the first place.

Thats what happens when there is too much regulation in the first place.
True. and I hope they get people who can actually READ the regulations and revise it. 1 reg. i want change is to prohibit the ability to change tyres in the DRY when the race is stopped under a red flag condition UNLESS the conditions are WET enuff to make a transition from Wet to Inters or vice versa.

I suspect that Mclaren are on a sicrit strategy because Hamilton have done the least amount of laps from his team mate and the Red Bull, Ferrari drivers.
And Senna managed equal (actually 0.01 seconds faster) lap time then Petrov on FP2. Which is good to see as this proves he is improving.

Who is going to be the polesitter guys?

Going into this weekend I assumed McLaren with Hamilton would be leading the way with Ferrari hot on their tails. I did not think Red Bull had the car for Monza. But Vettel has posted the fastest times in P2 and P3 and he was also fast in P1. It's only practice, but Red Bull is faster than I thought they would be. So who knows, maybe one of the Red Bull drivers (most likely Vettel) will continue this amazing streak they have taking pole position.

Shows how desperate Ferrari is that they're playing tow games. I wouldn't be Massa for anything.

Webber's breaking my heart. Much as I dislike him, I must admit Vettel can drive.

My prediction:

Vettel (yech)
Button
Alonso

with Alguersauri going out in Q1 the pressure is on him for the seat next year.

Don't see that to be honest. He's outperformed Buemi a lot this year during the races, particularly since Canada. One bad qualifying where he got held up on his final lap, whereas Buemi, Kobayashi, Barrichello, etc. all had clear laps and improved, doesn't mean curtains for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back