1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by Bram, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

This weekend the F1 circus moves to Monza, Italy. What are your thoughts about this race?
  2. Schumacher will surprise us all. Go old man, you can beat those youngsters :D
  3. Mercedes did have surprising straight line speed in Spa, didn't they?
  4. yea, I watched replay... it showed 319-320 km/h if I remember correctly... I was surprised, faster than RedBull
  5. Offcourse faster then Red Bull. :)
    Red Bulls top speed is never there strong point. :)
  6. But Mercedes... I remember their top speed issue in Canada
  7. But they have had time to get a better upgrade package.
  8. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I would love to see Schumi win... if not Schumi hope it's Alonso or Massa... hum... seeing Felipe win again would be fantastic :redface:
  9. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I am so hoping that MSC will ever get on the podium again. Monza could indeed be a track that suits the Mercedes GP team.
  10. Bram are you in love with MSC? Or do you keep betting your house on him to get on the podium? :p
  11. man i would love to see schumi on the podium again. comeon old fella!
  12. Sauber had some insane straight line speed at Spa, even without the DRS. I reckon they could get a very good result here.
  13. I go for Felipe...he needs a win here. Forget the championship...just let Felipe win this one :p
  14. I think the regulair favorites will fight for the win because I haven't seen any one more then the regulair ones winning.
  15. Richard Knight

Richard Knight
    GP2 - No.1 Virgin

Wish it would rain like it did a few years ago when Vettel got a win for Torro Rosso! Otherwise it's gonna be a Red Bull or McClaren as usual. Love to see Kobayashi stun us all lol. time for a rain dance
  16. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Is it a rule that teams must run DRS?
    I'd be half-tempted to run a flat rear wing like in previous years and not have to bother with the system.
  17. If that isn't a rule then I am sure that the big brains behind each team will figger that hole in the rules and make it work for them.
  18. True. even tho F1 is a sport where innovation and reliability plays a big part, it has also become a sport to see which team can find the loopsholes in the regulations and exploit them to the maximum, which isnt fair at times, but thats the nature of the sport.
  19. Sorry but after thinking about it I remembered that on round 1 HRT didn't have DRS available and they were still allowed to qualify. So I belive that DRS isn't mandatory but people would deffinatly want that extra downforce to go quickly around the fast corners.
  20. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

But with off-throttle blown diffusers providing a lot more downforce in the corners, surely there's even less need for wing angle?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.