2010 GT1 World Championship

Bram Hengeveld;575621 said:
Did SimBin actually announce the presence of GT1 cars in GTR3 David?

Simbin have only said they are going back to their roots, which of course is a licensed FIA GT sim. Stephane Ratel has said there will be a video game of the GT1 series, and RTR have said they have the GT1 license.

RTR did not say they have the license of GT1. The statement said it allowed them to test with GT1, WTCC and WRC.

As far as I know SimBin had a 10 year deal with the FIA GT, starting in 2003. But that serie went belly up with new FIA GT1 World Championship.

I think you are wrong :) GT3 allows the less fortunate also to easily participate in legendary endurance races. The cars are marketing wise very important also as they can be bought at your local (oh well not really local :)) dealer.

But i do miss the GT1's a bit for the extra flavor.

@Wix: shouldnt you be at Spa now ?:cool:

What motivation did they give for that? Its indeed a "bit" expensive but the GT1 and the GT2 cars are the only cars at LM24 that sound good. LMP's look hot but sound like :poop: (with exception of the Aston's of course)

Well they said that because of the low turnout and that not many of that group actually finish compared to GT2 that they said that the GT1 class are poorly suited to long races and that they should stick to the sprint type series.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.